Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    This whole deal with UMP Summer Nationals is getting to be a big joke. How the he11 can anyone have any idea of what is going to happen next. The fans and drivers just being jerked off by a sanctioning body and very poor businessmen for promoters. Next up they will probably be paying in Monopoly money.
    It is a messed up deal but don't blame Plummer. This is all on UMP. The late model portion is out of Jasons control. He is opening up the facility Wed. night for the 2 incomplete features. Just show your receipt or arm band.
    And it's not Jason's decision on the 5 or 10 grand payout.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    It is a messed up deal but don't blame Plummer. This is all on UMP. The late model portion is out of Jasons control. He is opening up the facility Wed. night for the 2 incomplete features. Just show your receipt or arm band.
    And it's not Jason's decision on the 5 or 10 grand payout.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Plummer make the decision to water the track with rain bearing down on the track?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Plummer make the decision to water the track with rain bearing down on the track?
    Yes he did. The PA announcer said something to the effect of "Jason says the weather looks good so we're gonna water the track so we can have some great racin'." I had one eye on the radar the whole evening and knew we were going to be pushing it. We were going to make it if they hadn't decided to screw around. That's the part that frustrates me. It was completely avoidable.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

We watched the radar the whole time. That storm cell blew up right over Peoria. It appeared the rain was initially going to miss us but the inevitable did happen. Trust me, he wouldn't have wasted the time if he thought it was going to pour.
    8/13/16

The promoter pays UMP the purse money plus the sanction fees BEFORE the event starts, UMP pays the payout. This decision had to be ok'd thru UMP or the promoter would not be getting any money back.

With Peoria's limited seating, I would never stick my neck out for a $10,000 to win show there if I was the promoter.
    Had I got drunk and made the decision to do so, I would have cancelled as soon as the radar showed more than a 1% chance of rain.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Has nothing to do with him. Didn't like him pre or post tweet btw.

Just lessens the credibility of the sport in general when you can't trust a major sanctioning body to do the right thing.
    I like Jr but you'er Dam Right!! Every bit of it^^^

I was watching the radar from the app my radar and it looked like it was going to rain way before it did. I even posted a comment but, then the next thing I see the lates are on the track so I deleted my post. Then I pulled up the national weather channel and it showed the rain was just north of Peoria and then a few minutes later it started raining. Go figure so, It did look like they were going to get the race in but, with the threat of rain not sure I would have wasted the time to water the track.

Dam*ed if you do and dam*ed if you don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Dam*ed if you do and dam*ed if you don't...
    You know it....................................