Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kyle Larson Just Keeps On Winning

It keeps becoming more clear as time passes that Kyle Larson is not only the genuine article, he's by far the best dirt driver in the country and he runs dirt just for fun! We're witnessing the work of one of the great racers of our time.

Within the 7 day period just past Yung Muny has won a World of Outlaw Sprint Car race driving a car he'd never driven on a track he'd never seen. He won the Cup race at Michigan Sunday afternoon and Monday evening he won an All Star Circuit of Champions race at Orrville, Ohio which was part of the 2017 Ohio Speedweek series. Not a bad weeks' work!

We all know how tough it is to win a World of Outlaw's sprint car race and a Cup race but the the All Star race was also not push over, by no means. Kasey Kahne was second and Chad Kenemah third and Tim Shaffer was in the top 3 for most of the race.

Larson says running the open wheel dirt races sharpens his skills for driving the Cup car. Maybe pee wee jr. should spend some of his off time doing some open wheel dirt racing. LOLOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It keeps becoming more clear as time passes that Kyle Larson is not only the genuine article, he's by far the best dirt driver in the country and he runs dirt just for fun! We're witnessing the work of one of the great racers of our time.Within the 7 day period just past Yung Muny has won a World of Outlaw Sprint Car race driving a car he'd never driven on a track he'd never seen. He won the Cup race at Michigan Sunday afternoon and Monday evening he won an All Star Circuit of Champions race at Orrville, Ohio which was part of the 2017 Ohio Speedweek series. Not a bad weeks' work!We all know how tough it is to win a World of Outlaw's sprint car race and a Cup race but the the All Star race was also not push over, by no means. Kasey Kahne was second and Chad Kenemah third and Tim Shaffer was in the top 3 for most of the race.Larson says running the open wheel dirt races sharpens his skills for driving the Cup car. Maybe pee wee jr. should spend some of his off time doing some open wheel dirt racing. LOLOL!!!
    Why wasn't he at The Dream for an easy $100,000 pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Why wasn't he at The Dream for an easy $100,000 pick up?
    I can't speak for Larson or Ganassi but it's a safe bet that Target has a specific commitment written into the Ganassi/Larson sponsorship contract that Larson be in the car for all on track Cup driving activities. 3 days at Eldora on a Cup race weekend may be a breach of that written commitment. I've never seen a copy of Larson's contract but common sense would dictate that well could be the case.

Another reason probably would be that even though $100,000.00 is big money to dirt late model drivers it's tip money to the top tier Cup drivers especially if they're driving a car they don't own in which case they would divide the $100,000.00 with the owner.

Another possible reason may be that dirt late models, as slow and cumbersome as they are compared to dirt open wheel cars would do little, if anything, to hone and sharpen the skills equating to driving a Cup car. Driving the much quicker, more agile full house 410 sprint cars or midgets may be a better source of sharpening the reaction skills as they would relate to driving a Cup car.

I've never heard of him getting behind the wheel of a DLM.

He never needed to, fcg. DLM's seem not to have the opportunity for advancement that the dirt open wheel cars provide. The dirt open wheel cars were Larson's ticket to the money and notoriety. Kyle and his family knew it, too. The dirt open wheel to NASCAR trend started with Kenny Schrader. Had Rich Vogler not passed away I think he'd have made some noise in NASCAR, as well. Jeff Gordon was the one who got NASCAR owners looking toward the open wheel ranks for great new talent and it has been there for the taking ever since.

An easy $100,000.00? With equal equipment and a head mechanic that is capable of making all the right set up moves there is no question Larson has the talent and guts to win it. But at this point in his career the question becomes, why bother? One thing is undeniable, if Larson showed up at Eldora for the Dream or the World the interest in those races from racing fandom of all flavors would increase exponentially.

If Larson decided to get in a dirt late model it wouldn't take him long before he was winning in that car as well. Some people have pure God given talent in what they do and he is one of them.

Larson picked up yet another win driving a 410 sprint car at Sharon Speedway last night (June 20th) in another Ohio Speedweeks show. That makes 4 wins in a week! Leading the Cup points with 2 victories already and wearing the competition out on the dirt tracks. Life is good. As Muhammad Ali used to say rumble, young man, rumble!!

The kid is on fire!

When you can win in no matter what your driving that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    When you can win in no matter what your driving that's saying something.
    Kid, I remember an interview of Smokey Yunick regarding A.J. Foyt. Smokey said A.J. was fast and could win in anything he drove and he was fast and could win right away, too. It took very little time for A.J. to get comfortable and fast in anything he drove. You can see a lot of that in Yung Muny. Looking back, The Rolex win and the asphalt stock car win in his first start were not anomalous.

I gotta' believe an Indy 500 opportunity is in the future. The interest that will create will be something to see.

Kid, I remember an interview of Smokey Yunick regarding A.J. Foyt. Smokey said A.J. was fast and could win in anything he drove and he was fast and could win right away, too. It took very little time for A.J. to get comfortable and fast in anything he drove. You can see a lot of that in Yung Muny. Looking back, The Rolex win and the asphalt stock car win in his first start were not anomalous.

I gotta' believe an Indy 500 opportunity is in the future. The interest that will create will be something to see.
    Now that would be great to see. I believe with Ganassi he would be in a good ride and would have a legit chance to win

Larson regards his sweep of the 3 National USAC division (midget, sprint car & Silver Crown) A-main's to be his greatest accomplishment to date. That should make the NASCAR gimmick lovers a little queasy. LOL! Gotta' love it!

One thing I know for sure is that Jack Hewitt regards the fact that Larson swept the 3 USAC to be very nearly equal to him winning all 4 in one night. Reason being that Larson had never seen Eldora prior to the 2011 4 Crown Nationals.

He just got done putting a hurtin on the Pa Posse ! The young man has talent that the likes of have not been seen in a coons age !

He has 6 straight sprint car wins on dirt and 2 cup wins already this year and the season is not quite half over.

Ol' Duke100 don't have much to say about that easy $100,000.00 these days. LOLOL!!

I just read that Kyle Larson Merchandise Sales, made more in 1 Dirt race than all-year in NASCAR.

Oh !! Did you note that the greatly talented young lad finished a stout second against Truex this week when he had one of those cars that was in a class all by itself !! It is rumored that Kyle had the fasted legal car. All this despite the trickery of pit road penalties !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atty Boy Kyle Larson.

Barry Seal Guest

Larson regards his sweep of the 3 National USAC division (midget, sprint car & Silver Crown) A-main's to be his greatest accomplishment to date. That should make the NASCAR gimmick lovers a little queasy. LOL! Gotta' love it!One thing I know for sure is that Jack Hewitt regards the fact that Larson swept the 3 USAC to be very nearly equal to him winning all 4 in one night. Reason being that Larson had never seen Eldora prior to the 2011 4 Crown Nationals.
    Cirf I agree 100% with you. The only reason I have any interest in NASCAR is Larson. In my eyes the greatest driver that lived is jack Hewitt. Maybe I'm bias lol. I can't wait to see what else Larson does. My dad loved Foyt, went to Foyts big auction in maybe 93 at Indianapolis motor speedway. I will never forget that. My dad told me this is history rite here. All his helmets, the Gilmore cars. There was still motors in their original crates. All his open wheel cars, even the vehicles that pulled them. Still have the program, got it signed from AJ. My dads buddy does the fair races at Springfield and Duqoin. I remember when AJ rented duqoin for his grandson. I was there and rode around with AJ. Great times. Maybe we will meet sometime.

looks like he has his work cut for him this weekend starting on the tail i would assume you never know with NASCAR theses days they may give him a 2 lap head start lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Seal View Post
    Cirf I agree 100% with you. The only reason I have any interest in NASCAR is Larson. In my eyes the greatest driver that lived is jack Hewitt. Maybe I'm bias lol. I can't wait to see what else Larson does. My dad loved Foyt, went to Foyts big auction in maybe 93 at Indianapolis motor speedway. I will never forget that. My dad told me this is history rite here. All his helmets, the Gilmore cars. There was still motors in their original crates. All his open wheel cars, even the vehicles that pulled them. Still have the program, got it signed from AJ. My dads buddy does the fair races at Springfield and Duqoin. I remember when AJ rented duqoin for his grandson. I was there and rode around with AJ. Great times. Maybe we will meet sometime.
    Barry, Jack is right up there with the best of them, that's for sure! I freely admit I'm biased towards Jack. I've known the guy since back in the 1980's and consider him a friend.

I wasn't able to attend A. J.'s auction but I was at both of Smokey Yunick's auction's in Daytona
    and he had some similar stuff. Smokey had a couple of Chevy 265 c.i. V-8 race engines from 1955 that had never been in a car. Those engines brought a LOT of money. I watched a complete Ford Cammer sell for $35,000.00. I really wish I'd have bought some tools at Smokey's sale. They were selling fairly cheap and it would have been cool to have them as conversation pieces.

Springfield, Du Quoin and The Indy Mile have lost some of their luster and mystic over the years but there is still a huge amount of history and lore at those places. They are all hallowed grounds of racing even though they're not as popular as they once were.
    Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    looks like he has his work cut for him this weekend starting on the tail i would assume you never know with NASCAR theses days they may give him a 2 lap head start lol
    I think you're right, racer. NH is not the place you want to fight you're way to the front from the back.

It keeps becoming more clear as time passes that Kyle Larson is not only the genuine article, he's by far the best dirt driver in the country and he runs dirt just for fun! We're witnessing the work of one of the great racers of our time.

Within the 7 day period just past Yung Muny has won a World of Outlaw Sprint Car race driving a car he'd never driven on a track he'd never seen. He won the Cup race at Michigan Sunday afternoon and Monday evening he won an All Star Circuit of Champions race at Orrville, Ohio which was part of the 2017 Ohio Speedweek series. Not a bad weeks' work!

We all know how tough it is to win a World of Outlaw's sprint car race and a Cup race but the the All Star race was also not push over, by no means. Kasey Kahne was second and Chad Kenemah third and Tim Shaffer was in the top 3 for most of the race.

Larson says running the open wheel dirt races sharpens his skills for driving the Cup car. Maybe pee wee jr. should spend some of his off time doing some open wheel dirt racing. LOLOL!!!
    I dont think background on racing matters much thats just hype! You either have it or you dont. Look at jimmy johnson he has a motocross back ground

but you can't blame him on the penalty someone higher up made the bone head move