Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    I dont think background on racing matters much thats just hype! You either have it or you dont. Look at jimmy johnson he has a motocross back ground
    I'm not sure what your point is. There have been a lot of guys who were great motorcycle racers who transitioned to 4 wheeled competition but I am aware of very few who have successfully transitioned the other way. Joe Leonard, Paul Goldsmith and Billy Moyer are good examples of those who successfully made the jump.

Actually Jimmie Johnson quit racing motorcycles while still in school. Where he made his bones in racing was when he took up driving off road vehicles of several different persuasions in the Mickey Thompson series, SODA and SCORE International and later racing with the ASA.

If you believe Kyle Larson would have made it to the top level of NASCAR regardless of what he chose to compete in and his dirt open wheel resume' is all hype then you'll have to take it up with him. LOL! He is adamant in his praise of dirt open wheel racing keeping his skills sharp for his Cup adventures. One thing is for sure, when a driver is as good as Larson is at driving dirt open wheel cars it gets them noticed. Some other dirt divisions, not so much.

but what could larson do with a car with no aero package on a dry slick rubbery track with 800 horse power

and why isn't bell in cup car right now with some of lack of experience drivers right holding down points

wow larson and bell beats pierce with their top teir truck while Bobby is running a low buck team, how many win has bell had this year

Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    but what could larson do with a car with no aero package on a dry slick rubbery track with 800 horse power and why isn't bell in cup car right now with some of lack of experience drivers right holding down points
    Larson would probably do what he has done many times in the past with a 800 hp wingless sprint car on a rubbered up track, and that is WIN. You did know he won all three of the USAC National divisions at Eldora without ever having seen the place before? LOL! I don't think a rubbered up dirt track driving a car with 800 hp would be any particular problem for Larson.

Baring injury Christopher Bell will be racing Cup stock cars in the nearer future. Oh, and for good measure Bell won the WoO Kings Royal prelim night sprint race at Eldora last night. He had to pass Donnie Schatz to do it, too.

but what could larson do with a car with no aero package on a dry slick rubbery track with 800 horse power
    Win, if they can get the power to the ground better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Larson would probably do what he has done many times in the past with a 800 hp wingless sprint car on a rubbered up track, and that is WIN. You did know he won all three of the USAC National divisions at Eldora without ever having seen the place before? LOL! I don't think a rubbered up dirt track driving a car with 800 hp would be any particular problem for Larson. Baring injury Christopher Bell will be racing Cup stock cars in the nearer future. Oh, and for good measure Bell won the WoO Kings Royal prelim night sprint race at Eldora last night. He had to pass Donnie Schatz to do it, too.
    Once in a while I will pick - up { no pun intended } a truck race on tv when i'm channel surfing. It seems as if every time Bell is either dogging for the lead or ends up winning. He is a hard charger for sure. He most certainly had his work cut out for him to get around Shatz. If they are implying that these young'ins couldn't handle the awkward lethargic late models I think maybe the boys might surprise them !

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Win, if they can get the power to the ground better than the others.
    Clay, sometimes it goes beyond humorous when seeing how some would indicate that Bell and/or Larson wouldn't be capable, talent-wise, of winning big while driving a dirt late model racing against the best in the division. It is clearly evident that if a drivers' aspirations are to drive racecars in a setting that provides the opportunity to make the big bucks and become a household name excelling in dirt late models won't get it done. Or at least is hasn't yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Once in a while I will pick - up { no pun intended } a truck race on tv when i'm channel surfing. It seems as if every time Bell is either dogging for the lead or ends up winning. He is a hard charger for sure. He most certainly had his work cut out for him to get around Shatz. If they are implying that these young'ins couldn't handle the awkward lethargic late models I think maybe the boys might surprise them !
    Bell often times is in the mix at the front of the field when it comes to the trucks.

On his performance at The Kings Royal, it bears saying that it isn't like Bell hasn't spent some time in a full house 410 winged sprint car but I'm confident with the assumption that he drives them less than a dozen times a year. To pass and beat a legend like Schatz in the Kings Royal prelim night at a fast and nasty place like Eldora, then turn around and start 20th in the Kings Royal and get to the eventual winner's (again, Schatz's) tail bar is an amazing feat.

There is virtually no doubt that these guys could get the job done in a big way driving most anything on dirt, DLM's included.

Bell and Larson are the best young drivers in the country. No matter what they drive. Just like the often hated Tony Stewart was when he was young.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Bell and Larson are the best young drivers in the country. No matter what they drive. Just like the often hated Tony Stewart was when he was young.
    Any abhorrence directed at Stewart originated with his own unpalatable, often unwise and unsafe behavior and actions.

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you Power14 but the facts are Larson holds a distinct edge on Stewart in regards to their dirt racing resume'. Stewart was never able to win in an open wheel car on a 1 mile dirt track. The only win Stewart has on a 1 mile dirt track was while driving an ARCA stock car that had more monetary and human resources behind it than probably all the other cars competing in that race combined. He also had to deliberately wreck Frank Kimmel to finally get the job done. I know this because I was there at Du Quoin that day and listened to Stewart cheerfully boast on the radio as to how proud he was of himself that he put Kimmel in the wall during a late race restart. Oh, and just for the record, this occurred during Stewart's 3rd attempt to beat Kimmel at Duquoin.

On the other hand, Kyle Larson drove to a decisive USAC Silver Crown victory on The Magic Mile at Du Quoin in 2011 and just 3 weeks prior to the victory at Du Quoin Larson won the Belleville Midget Nationals. Keep in mind that Kyle had never seen the scary fast Belleville High Banks prior to winning there. Stewart never won at Belleville in a midget, or anything else, for that matter.

On a side note, Larson has also actually won the Rolex 24, something Stewart never managed to do.

LOL< you are an imbecile. CIRF old pal. My statement stands and is correct. sorry
    I am now done with this thread. So spew your usual crap all you want.

LOL< you are an imbecile. CIRF old pal. My statement stands and is correct. sorry
    I am now done with this thread. So spew your usual crap all you want.
    Hmmmm. We immediately resort to the dreaded name calling, don't we Power boy?! LOL! Your statement stands alright, it stands as some mediocre comedy and the only thing correct about it is that you enjoy hearing yourself say it. If you thought there was any possibility of discrediting what I said, or have ever said about Stewart, you would. But we both know you can't!! Why don't you just admit it?

I would challenge you to prove that what I have said is false. Once again, we both know you can't and you are too much of a coward to own up to the fact that your point of view is skewed in directions that are not, nor have they ever been, provable.

Factually refute just one of these statements and I'll admit to being wrong in a blink of an eye:

Stewart never won an open wheel race on a 1 mile dirt track.
    Stewart put Kimmel in the wall and bragged about it on the radio.
    Stewart never won the Belleville Nationals.
    Stewart never won a USAC Silver Crown event at Eldora.
    Stewart never swept all the USAC 4 Crown Nationals events in one night.

Kyle Larson did all the above with the exception of putting another driver in the wall in order to win and then bragging about it.
    Last edited by CIRF; 07-18-2017 at 10:14 PM.

and someone lives in the past don't you CIRF and without tony there would not be a truck race and by the way booby pierce they are saying is the favorite in a underfunded team Tony did race at Eldora for the dream and world and also ran the nascar races that weekend I guess Kyle is not in goo enough shape for that task
    LOL, Not everyone can be the very picture of health and have the perfect body builder body as Tony Stewart has !

and someone lives in the past don't you CIRF and without tony there would not be a truck race and by the way booby pierce they are saying is the favorite in a underfunded team Tony did race at Eldora for the dream and world and also ran the nascar races that weekend I guess Kyle is not in goo enough shape for that task
    yeah he is pudgy but guess what he did the task and not many drivers could say that
    Hey litey, how long do you suppose it'll be before you get banned yet again.

Anyone want to take a shot at the over/under as to how many days it will be before litey/racer x16 gets 86'd out of here again?

TS FAN/Power14 must be ecstatic that you have his back again, litey/racer x16. The only real difference between litey and TS FAN/Power14 is that litey/racer x16 will respond regardless of how stupid the response is. TS FAN/Power14 turns gutless and runs for cover! LOLOL!!

Only "OFTEN hated" ? LOL

Larson just finished 2nd at the mostly 1 lane of New Hampshire ! He is starting to remind me of David Pearson with his uncanny ability to always be up at the head of the pack at races end !

Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell are the Hottest Shoe's out there on Dirt right now I don't care what anyone else think's or say's about them because if they are hating there's a reason they are hating and that's because them young men are just that D@mn GOOD! Plus they don't sell sh!tty t-shirt's to boot!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell are the Hottest Shoe's out there on Dirt right now I don't care what anyone else think's or say's about them because if they are hating there's a reason they are hating and that's because them young men are just that D@mn GOOD! Plus they don't sell sh!tty t-shirt's to boot!! 

This is spot on nasty!
    Good to see you posting!
    Hope everything is going as good as it can be.
    Are you able to get to any races?
    Take care & wish u the best.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell are the Hottest Shoe's out there on Dirt right now I don't care what anyone else think's or say's about them because if they are hating there's a reason they are hating and that's because them young men are just that D@mn GOOD! Plus they don't sell sh!tty t-shirt's to boot!! 
    I will 2nd SS's assessment that what you say is spot on concerning Larson & Bell being the best in the dirt racing business today. It makes me smile when I read drivel on how a young up coming dirt late model driver is every bit as talented as either Larson and/or Bell. That is a stretch of very large proportions. I have nothing against this young late model driver but come on, lets be real.

I will also echo SS's hopes that you're doing as well as can be expected, Nasty. We too wish you nothing but the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    This is spot on nasty!
    Good to see you posting!
    Hope everything is going as good as it can be.
    Are you able to get to any races?
    Take care & wish u the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I will 2nd SS's assessment that what you say is spot on concerning Larson & Bell being the best in the dirt racing business today. It makes me smile when I read drivel on how a young up coming dirt late model driver is every bit as talented as either Larson and/or Bell. That is a stretch of very large proportions. I have nothing against this young late model driver but come on, lets be real.

I will also echo SS's hopes that you're doing as well as can be expected, Nasty. We too wish you nothing but the best!!
    Hey SS & CIRF Ty guy's for the well wishes! Thing's have actually been looking pretty good with me and my Health the past few week's.... I haven't been back in the hospital since the first week of May when my wife found me unresponsive in our Bed while I had been taking a nap... She tried waking me up to eat dinner and couldn't get me awake my blood gasses had skyrocketed and my oxygen levels had dropped off down into the low 70's So I feel Blessed to be here right now.. And I went to another Oncologist at another facility here in Cleveland and he done a cat scan of my Head and brain with and without Contrast and another PET Scan of my whole body from the neck down and nothing lit up which shows that the Immunotherapy that his partner had me doing is slowing down the growth of this Cancer... That took a big weight off my shoulders... So I've been trying to get back some strength and start doing more start at my brother and I's shop out here... Yes SS I've taken some Baby steps and Ventured out to Raceway7. South of interstate 90 about 6-7 miles and watched the race's a couple time's with my brother Keith and we plan on hitti,g Sharon Speedway and watching the Bigblock Modified's and 410 Sprint car's before season's end... We are planning on going to Raceway7 tonight and watch the SLM's and 5 other classes Run... 💖😎💖
    Last edited by Nasty55; 07-23-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!