For Immediate Release
June 20, 2017

Donald McIntosh Claims First-Career Southern All Star Win

Dawsonville, Georgia (06/20/17) – Donald McIntosh’s recent hot streak continued on Saturday night, when he raced his Blount Excavating #7 Ole Ben Franklin Motors/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model to the first Southern All Star (SAS) Dirt Racing Series win of his young career. The victory was his third overall of the 2017 season.

Behind the wheel of the Tennessee RV Supercenter #7 Arnold’s Trucking Super Late Model, Donald McIntosh made the short trip to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) on Saturday night for the Southern All Star Series sanctioned event.

In a field of 25 Super Late Models, McIntosh timed in fastest in his qualifying group, earning him the 2nd-starting spot for the Big Daddy 500 A-Main alongside Chris Ferguson. Biding his time early in the 40-lapper, Donald overtook Ferguson for the lead on lap 24 with a slider through turns three and four. Holding off the field for the remaining 16 circuits, Donald McIntosh reeled in his third win of the season and a $5,000 payday. Skip Arp, Chris Ferguson, T.J. Reaid, and Shanon Buckingham completed the Top-5 finishers.

"This track was racy. The lapped cars were kind of scary," McIntosh said. "I didn't know which way they were going to go (or) when they were going to go. I can't thank these guys (enough) for racing me clean. I also want to thank this awesome team for providing me with such a great car. The year might’ve started a little slow for us, but we are starting to hit our stride."

For more results from this event, please visit www.SASDirt.com .

This weekend – June 23-24 – Donald will head to Kentucky to take part in a pair of Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series (SNBS) events. Action opens on Friday at Ponderosa Speedway (Junction City, Kentucky) with a $4,000-to-win event before moving to Florence Speedway (Union, Kentucky) on Saturday evening for a $10,000-to-win program. Donald is just four markers out of the lead in the latest series standings. For more information on the events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Donald McIntosh would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Stowers CAT, Ole Ben Franklin Motors, Tennessee RV Super Center, Blount Excavating, Massey Electric Company, Arnold’s Trucking, Cherokee Millwright & Mechanical, Rocket Chassis, Matlock Decal Company, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Donald McIntosh, please visit www.DonaldMcIntoshRacing.com .