Default Because of the UMP, I did this..........

Wanted to add this track to my list. Planned my route last week to put me in Springfield today (basically get paid most of the way to the race) and just couldn't pull the trigger. I am sorry Jacksonville, I promise to get over there for a sprint show or something.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 06-20-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Wanted to add this track to my list. Planned my route last week to put me in Springfield today (basically get paid most of the way to the race) and just couldn't pull the trigger. I am sorry Jacksonville, I promise to get over there for a sprint show or something.
    Is that your punishment to them, I bet that puts em in bankruptcy....lol

Does anyone have a way other than their wallet?

You showed them! Lmfao
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Our group went from about 70 shows a year, 10-12 Summernationals races and an annual trip to Florida down to 10-15 races a year and 2 SN races. We got tired of UMP's antics, shady promoters and poorly ran shows.
    Now we go to tracks/events that have a proven track record and spend our racing income elsewhere. Maybe we're not missed but I see other used to be diehard fans at non racing events more and more.
    Sam is to dirt track racing what Brian France is to NASCAR.

I feel the same way. NASCAR might not miss the 2-3k I pumped into it every year, but at least I know my money isn't going towards Bill France and Mike Helton's family fortune and I found better racing at the dirt track.

They had a great crowd, so I doubt if they missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    They had a great crowd, so I doubt if they missed you.
    Summernationals always have great crowds and so does WOO and Lucas, let the whiners stay home and sulk they won't be missed.

Don't punish a local track for ump decisions. Not showing is hurting the tracks, not UMP

Quote Originally Posted by JMill99m View Post
    Don't punish a local track for ump decisions. Not showing is hurting the tracks, not UMP
    Exactly................
    8/13/16

Especially don't punish Ken Dobson and his outfit. Retribution for what has happened in the past cannot be laid at the feet of KD. He's as straight up as they come.

The UMP and local promoter are in a sense pardners. They both have a choice that will put them in a bad or good situation. Even if UMP made poor decisions, the promoter allowed it. I don't ban all UMP tracks for what UMP does, but its getting to that point, with all the bad calls Driggers makes. If you didn't punish the track, there is no way it will change.

This isn't about power, it's about doing what is right and if you can't do that, you deserve no power. If UMP says up yours with a high speed egg beater and the track stands with them, about as close as they get to that piece of cake is to lick the beater, as far as I'm concerned. When a track partners with UMP, you take the bad with the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The UMP and local promoter are in a sense pardners. They both have a choice that will put them in a bad or good situation. Even if UMP made poor decisions, the promoter allowed it. I don't ban all UMP tracks for what UMP does, but its getting to that point, with all the bad calls Driggers makes. If you didn't punish the track, there is no way it will change.

This isn't about power, it's about doing what is right and if you can't do that, you deserve no power. If UMP says up yours with a high speed egg beater and the track stands with them, about as close as they get to that piece of cake is to lick the beater, as far as I'm concerned. When a track partners with UMP, you take the bad with the good.
    And what is a track/promoter suppose to do? You go against UMP, you lose your sanction. In Illinois, that's a deathwish. Track owners and promoters around the Midwest are basically being held hostage by UMP. The only way it will ever end is if ALL Midwest tracks boycotted UMP. Doubt it ever happens.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    And what is a track/promoter suppose to do? You go against UMP, you lose your sanction. In Illinois, that's a deathwish. Track owners and promoters around the Midwest are basically being held hostage by UMP. The only way it will ever end is if ALL Midwest tracks boycotted UMP. Doubt it ever happens.
    Well said HH.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    naive outlook that only works for ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by genericracefan View Post
    naive outlook that only works for ignorance.
    what does this mean?