Thread: Firecracker 100

Default Firecracker 100

Where are closets hotels to the track at Lernerville? I assume I can rent a car at Pitt Airport. Final question, interesting places in the area to visit with down time. Thanks in advance.

Yes on the car at airport. As far as lodging there's really nothing right near the track, Best bets are Cranberry Township area which is probably a good 1/2 hour from the track, and Butler which is probably like 20 mins. away. Cranberry is the best bet for amenities with it's proximity to I-79 and the Pa. Turnpike. Butler is north of the track and located in a more scenic region. I stay in Butler because I prefer the rural drive to the track.

Not sure what all you're looking for, but just North of speedway is a small winery, and also nearby is a nice rail trail for walking, biking, etc... Agree with bleedblue55 on Cranberry Twp vs. Butler areas... You can also go a little closer to PITT, and more South of the speedway off of Route 28 ( I think ) and there's hotels, mall, etc. there too... Nothing is super close except for camping, and a decent restaurant or two...

Quote Originally Posted by 9kchas24 View Post
    Not sure what all you're looking for, but just North of speedway is a small winery, and also nearby is a nice rail trail for walking, biking, etc... Agree with bleedblue55 on Cranberry Twp vs. Butler areas... You can also go a little closer to PITT, and more South of the speedway off of Route 28 ( I think ) and there's hotels, mall, etc. there too... Nothing is super close except for camping, and a decent restaurant or two...
    Thanks guys for your help. I think I'm posting this incorrectly. Can I post without adding the previous QUOTE???

I see it now... just talking to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    I see it now... just talking to myself
    Butler, PA is the closest place for Hotels I Believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Butler, PA is the closest place for Hotels I Believe.
    Just booked my flight, rental car, currently booking the room. Oh yeah and the tickets!! Fly out from Nashville in the am, can't wait!!! Again thanks, it makes it easier when guys take the time to help a brother out!!

Just don't bring any catfish to throw out on the track!

Just booked my flight, rental car, currently booking the room. Oh yeah and the tickets!! Fly out from Nashville in the am, can't wait!!! Again thanks, it makes it easier when guys take the time to help a brother out!!
    No problem at all, I have been up to the Firecracker three times and stayed in Butler and seemed like one of the closest places to stay, Enjoy the races should be one heck of a Show tonight with a heavy track.

Quote Originally Posted by hitt68fan View Post
    just don't bring any catfish to throw out on the track!
    lmao lmaosm!!!!!
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    lmao lmaosm!!!!!
    Security just located the Catfish in my Carry-on, wrapped in my Bloomquist shirt..lol The rain clouds look interesting.

Security just located the Catfish in my Carry-on, wrapped in my Bloomquist shirt..lol The rain clouds look interesting.
    Just tellem thats a snack. Yea the forecast I seen said rain 60-75% today
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

You got to be nuts to spend all that $ for the show to be rained out for weekend.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    You got to be nuts to spend all that $ for the show to be rained out for weekend.
    My Crystal ball let me down😀

My Crystal ball let me down
    May b they will get it in sat so you wont be out your expencive trip.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    May b they will get it in sat so you wont be out your expencive trip.
    Supposed to be sunny, warm and breezy tomorrow. Should help the track a ton.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I sure hope so. The radar didn't look too good when I booked, but you can never tell with the weather. This morning,Friday the radar and chances of racing looked grim. I thought my 4.5 hour dry run ,due to rain, sucked on my last Tazewell run, this would certainly top that. Went to the track this evening, little to no rain from 4ish to now. May get some through the night but suppose to move out early am, lets hope so. I'm so bored I'm typing on 4m lol.