For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
June 22, 2017

Chris Ferguson Finishes 3rd at Smoky Mountain; Dublin Next

Mt. Holly, North Carolina (06/22/17) –Chris Ferguson traveled to the Volunteer State on Saturday night, where he registered a podium finish in his Diff-Tran Machining #22 K&K Trucking/ Rocket Chassis XR1/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Chris returned to action on Saturday night, traveling to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) for the Southern All Star Series-sanctioned program. Drawing 25 Super Late Models for the Big Daddy 500, Ferguson laid down the fastest time overall in qualifying, locking him into the pole position for the feature.

With $5,000 on the line, Chris led the opening 22 laps until slipping back to a 3rd-place finish when the checkered flag flew. He trailed Donald McIntosh and Skip Arp across the finish line with T.J. Reaid and Shanon Buckingham completing the Top-5 finishers.

“We’ve been struggling with the car when the track gets slicker,” Ferguson commented. “When it’s fast we are good, but it seems like as it gets slicker I’ve got my hands full. My crew is busting their tails though, so I have no doubt we’ll get where we need to be. We just got to keep digging and get a little better.”

Complete results from this event can be found at www.SASDirt.com .

Up next for Ferguson is a trip to Dublin Motor Speedway (Dublin, North Carolina) this Saturday for the $5,000-to-win Rattlesnake Shake. The program will be sanctioned by the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series. For more information on the event, please visit www.ULTIMATEsupers.com .

Chris Ferguson would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Diff-Tran Machining, K and K Trucking of Rockwell LLC, Champion Spark Plugs, Live Oak Aesthetic and Family Dentistry, The Racing Warehouse, special thanks to Page Lemon, RPM Trailer Sales, New Point Lighting, Carver & Sons Roofing Inc., special thanks to Tom Bennington, Langley Collision Center, TW Automotive, Rocket Chassis, Big A's Custom Graphics, Keith’s Handyman Services, Dirty Grass Soul, Dirt Trackin’ App, ASI Racewear, Hoosier Racing Tires by Bryan, Harkey Racing, Joes Racing Products, K&N Performance Filters, Fluidyne High Performance, RM Services, Indocil Art , Frankland Rear-Ends, Bell Racing USA, Hypercoil Springs, Brinn Transmissions, Weld Racing, Dynamic Drivelines, Outerwears Pre-Filters, Penske Racing Shocks, PFC Brakes, ButlerBuilt Motorsports Equipment, All Star Performance, Motorstate, Keyser Manufacturing, FK Rod Ends, Fragola Performance Systems, Alpha Canvas and Awning, Randy Renfrow Pit Carts, VP Racing, Hooker Harness, CV Products, XCELDYNE, Stock Car Steel and Aluminum Inc., SRI Supplies, SRI Performance, Clements Racing Engines, Waterman Racing Components, Pro Fabrication Headers, Schaeffers Oil, TruForm Race Products, Tadpole Fabrication, NecksGen, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Chris Ferguson, please visit the official team website at www.ChrisFerguson22.com .