Default Season so far...

With the season around the midway point, what do you guys think so far? Whats something surprising or impressive? Something you like or dont like? Race of the year so far? General halfway conversation....

I will start with the fact that its d@m cool that both major tours have more than 10 different winners. I really wanted to see Clint Smith and Riley Hickman battle to be the only 5x SAS champ. With neither of them committing as we thought they would, that was a let down. My vote for race of the year "so far" is WoO at whynot.

I've been a little surprised that Chris Madden hasn't been a little more flashy. He's not raced horrible, but underwhelming based on what I had expected. He got a nice boost at Eldora with some solid runs but as far as the WOO goes, lots of 3rds-10ths. Hopefully he can pick up the pace! I really thought he was going to light up the WOO. And he really hasn't been doing much running outside of WOO either.
    Last edited by zach51; 06-22-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Same as Owens. 7th in LOLMS points?

Tyler Erb being second in WoO points. Yes, the kid made some huge strides over the course of last season that carried into this season, but how consistent he's been is nothing less than shocking.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

My surprise is old guys Moyer and Bloomquist dominating.

Tyler Erb is still an out of control idiot, that doesn't surprise me.

Devin Moran. Brand new team. Brand new chassis. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only saw once in the mid 90's that Donnie ran a Rocket. The consistency they've shown with as many new tracks they've raced this year speaks volumes. 4th in points when chasing ROTY is also impressive to me. What's not surprising is that they're all still the same people as when the season started and this new found success is not inflating them. Another surprise to me is Jimmy Owens. I'm sure they'll have it figured out sooner than later but his run at The Dream shocked me. It was nice to see the whole team still in good spirits and taking time for the fans at Eldora given the rough patch they've hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Tyler Erb being second in WoO points. Yes, the kid made some huge strides over the course of last season that carried into this season, but how consistent he's been is nothing less than shocking.
    I'm with you. Tyler has ran a lot better than I expected.

Overton..suprising and impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Overton..suprising and impressive
    Not really. That Randy Weaver ride is top notch

Not sure why Owens is a surprise. He's running about the same as he has for the past 2-3 years or however long it's been since he quit driving a Bloomquist chassis.

I'd like to see Devin Moran go on a big win streak. He's becoming one of my favorites.
    Last edited by NormP; 06-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.

im glad to see tony and company getting those TNT,s back on Q , I,m no huge crate fan , as most on here know, but Jensen put it on some long horns and rocket,s last week end at toccoa in fastrack , TNT,s 1st and 3rd.

Overton - little surprised

McCreadie - exactly what I thought would happen (consistently good every night they unload)

Davenport - Shocked how far off the pace they have been

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    im glad to see tony and company getting those TNT,s back on Q , I,m no huge crate fan , as most on here know, but Jensen put it on some long horns and rocket,s last week end at toccoa in fastrack , TNT,s 1st and 3rd.
    I agree with you FF. Ive known Tony before Jensen was thought of. Hope they can keep it up. Tyler Erb has surprised me. Glad hes doing good. Tmac being in the top 5 every week. Jimmy O has well not really disappointed me but figured hed do better in that rocket. Havent got a chance to talk to anyone down in that part of the woods yet. Not sure if hes really happy for who his team owner is. Wont swear to it but somethings just not right.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

How has Rocket been winning week after week and Owens has what? 1 win and 7th in Lucas points?

Looks like a repeat of last year's major series results to me. Even though both WoO and LOLMDS have more than 10 different feature winners, Bloomer and Sheppard (Different driver but same team as last year) have comfy point leads. Don't see anyone else winning the championships unless some major bad luck occurs or someone really steps up their game. Will be happy for Sheppard though.

I was also surprised Madden isn't doing as well on WoO tour. I mean he is 3rd in points in his 1st attempt at the championship but as we all know he's no newcomer or rookie to big races. Also a little surprised at Josh Richards in LOLMDS. I know it's a new team and all for him and he has ran good here and there but expected him to give Bloomer a better run for his money. Will still be interested to see how he would fare in LOLMDS in his dad's ride.

Also Shocked a bit at Chris Ferguson's season. Seems to have dropped off from his recent success.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 06-23-2017 at 07:51 AM.

I think Madden is going to a lot of tracks he has little to no notes from. Makes it tough to run with the 1 car who has been following that series and hitting those same tracks for what 20-30 years?

Madden hasn't been as good as I would have thought on the WoO tour. Tyler Erb has shocked me.

Moran and Overton have been about what I expected.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Glad to see ol EPJ aint so washed up!

I expected Bloomer and Sheppard to lead their series. I really didn't think Richards or Madden would be serious threats, only because of them going to new tracks!