Thread: Hell Tour Rules

Thumbs up Hell Tour Rules

I always like reading the rules for the different series and just finished reading the rules for the Hell Tour. I thought I'd post the link since some of you may be interested.

The thing that surprised me about the Hell Tour is the money paid out by contingency sponsors. $50 for placing a decal on your car might not seem like much, but when you consider it's paid for every race, that adds up to a lot of cash. Most of the guys running the tour won't make a lot of money, but even backmarkers can probably make enough to break even.

The other thing that caught my attention was how many places in the rules had a stipulation "at the discretion of DIRTcar" tacked on at the end. One of the biggest gripes people on the boards seem to have about WRG/WoO/UMP is that they play fast and loose with the rules or make them up as they go along. I find it amusing they even have a rulebook when they make it clear they will change the rules for any reason or no reason at all.

All that said, the Hell Tour is probably my favorite series of the season. Especially compared to last year. in my opinion the quantity and quality of competition has greatly improved. But it's not just the quality of the competition that impresses me, it's how equally matched the fields are this year. Not only do you have good competition at the top, but the mid-pack guys have a good group of evenly matched competitors. IMO close racing throughout the field is just as important for an entertaining races as the guys battling up front. I think the championship format and money available plus reduced travel has made that the possible. Kudos to them.

Here is the link. Enjoy!

http://www.thehelltour.com/images/PD...iverPacket.pdf

I do the same thing Snake, I went through and read this before the tour started. Always interesting. One thing to specify about the contingency money is that you have to finish in the specified position during the feature and have the corresponding sticker on there to qualify. For instance if you finish 10th, you'll get $50 from Comp Cams and that is all you get. So if you hit a $50 contingency at 25 races that is only $1,250..so not huge money like you say but could at least cover a pit pass, drink, and burger for 1 of your helpers.

Local track near me had the last rule in the rule book E.I.R.I. Which stood for Except In Rare Instances. Which basically meant they could override any rule at any time at their discretion.