Thumbs down Bad news for Lernerville

My buddy has been going to the Firecracker since the first year it was run. DIRT use to own the track and had top notch equipment to prepare the track and had the right man for the job. Now with the new owners, all of the equipment that DIRT owned is gone and so is the man that prepared the speedway.

My buddy says if they try to run 2 shows on Saturday the racing surface will not be good for the first show and will be terrible for the $30,000 to win 100 lap main event in the second show. He also says that a bunch of the haulers have left the speedway. I attended this event twice and it was the best racing I saw for the season each year I went. Boy, how times have changed...

Did they leave because of more rain and they don't want to get stuck

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    My buddy has been going to the Firecracker since the first year it was run. DIRT use to own the track and had top notch equipment to prepare the track and had the right man for the job. Now with the new owners, all of the equipment that DIRT owned is gone and so is the man that prepared the speedway.

My buddy says if they try to run 2 shows on Saturday the racing surface will not be good for the first show and will be terrible for the $30,000 to win 100 lap main event in the second show. He also says that a bunch of the haulers have left the speedway. I attended this event twice and it was the best racing I saw for the season each year I went. Boy, how times have changed...
    The equipment is the same stuff they've had the last few years. The current track prep guy is top notch. They've done the Saturday twin bill twice before, including last year and the day racing sucks for sure, but the 100 lapper has been solid both times. Your buddy is an idiot.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Lernerville show tonight will be bada$$ if they get to run, I have seen some duals at the firecracker over the years when its a heavy track. Now in the slick it will be good also, the Mars win a while back when he lapped everyone other than Bloomer then Scott when crying about tires was a Classic. Lernerville is one of my top 5 tracks. Racing will be fine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The equipment is the same stuff they've had the last few years. The current track prep guy is top notch. They've done the Saturday twin bill twice before, including last year and the day racing sucks for sure, but the 100 lapper has been solid both times. Your buddy is an idiot.
    I just called my buddy who is at the track right now. First of all, he respects your opinions on racing because you know your facts and do not get into the crap that a lot of the keyboard warriors do.
    If you think he is an idiot, then I guess that he is an idiot.

But this idiot just talked to a WOO craftsmen official. Now granted, this official does not make the call for the speedway owner but his opinion is if they get more rain later today like expected, then there will be no racing at all this weekend. (I hope he is wrong because I want to follow this event on race monitor)

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    I just called my buddy who is at the track right now. First of all, he respects your opinions on racing because you know your facts and do not get into the crap that a lot of the keyboard warriors do.
    If you think he is an idiot, then I guess that he is an idiot.

But this idiot just talked to a WOO craftsmen official. Now granted, this official does not make the call for the speedway owner but his opinion is if they get more rain later today like expected, then there will be no racing at all this weekend. (I hope he is wrong because I want to follow this event on race monitor)

There is a lot more rain coming and they have already got to much. My opinion is the track won't see a late model this weekend.

Friday night was just cancelled.

We are to have good weather sat and sun can they run on sun to get it in

Thursday and Saturday shows will be run tomorrow. http://woolms.com/news/268-2017-news...w-one-huge-day

People have died because of these storms/flash floods and people have been flooded out of their homes.
    There was a tornado that damaged homes about 15-20 miles east of the track.
    Yet some jagoffs are going to b1tch and whine about about track prep and not seeing races......

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    People have died because of these storms/flash floods and people have been flooded out of their homes.
    Yet some jagoffs are going to b1tch and whine about about track prep and not seeing races......
    It's a discussion about the race on a race message board. It's completely relevent discussion. There is always more important and bigger problems going on in the world than any kind of sporting events . Maybe instead of wasting your time on a racing message board you should go volunteer your time to help these disaster victims. Or better yet get on a plane and go to volunteer in some third world country with starving children. That's more important than anything you do. Cancel that cable tv subscription while you are at it and donate it to a worthy cause... if you aren't interested in race discussions get off the race forum.
    Last edited by toledo47; 06-23-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    By posting in this thread you are just as guilty as everybody else.