Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FOX Sports Moves Eldora NASCAR Truck Race to FOX Business Channel

NASCAR racing gets bumped to FS2 and FBN because of some SOCCER GAME?!

The trucks are the biggest event at Eldora and this race draws the highest TV ratings of any truck race all year and it gets bumped by a soccer game? Didn't know soccer carried so much clout.

Now if they would just $hitcan that queer Michael Waltrip.

Basically goes from a channel 20% of the country gets to about 7%.

When the hell they bringing the cup cars there ?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    When the hell they bringing the cup cars there ?
    Highly doubt they ever will

Haha. Sounds about right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    NASCAR racing gets bumped to FS2 and FBN because of some SOCCER GAME?!

The trucks are the biggest event at Eldora and this race draws the highest TV ratings of any truck race all year and it gets bumped by a soccer game? Didn't know soccer carried so much clout.
    Exactly.....are we living in Europe now?

Last time I checked, racing was in the top 3 in the number of fans....soccer wasn't one of the three!

Is it to hard to find the channel it got moved to?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Ahh, did Michael shun your advances, possibly because you b!tch too much? Those most homophobic usually are well .....
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Basically goes from a channel 20% of the country gets to about 7%.
    Right. Awesome move. Neither is worth a sh!t. I miss Speed for sure.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Ahh, did Michael shun your advances, possibly because you b!tch too much? Those most homophobic usually are well .....
    Sorry if insulted your gay lover boyfriend......lol

If the attendance and viewership for the Cup races keep trending the way it is, it may end up on FBN as well. The last two weeks, I'd be surprised to hear the tracks were 50% full.

My question is why are they making this move at this time. I am not the least familiar with soccer (and fully intend to stay that way) so this gold cup BS may have come up recently since it sounds like it may be a tournament, or something. If it is a recent development then send the dopey soccer game to FBN and FS2.

We don't get FBN or FS2 and I really don't want to go to some noisy stick and ball sports bar with a bunch of idiot Cubs fans hootin' and hollerin' with the sound on the race channel muted.

Fox business channel. What a joke.MIKIE waltrip, and his brother, that all of a sudden loves anybody with the earnhardt name. Remember richmond, charlotte, darlington and more. Dale made him eat more concrete and guardrail . He talks like Sr. Liked him. WRONGThey both need to just go away.Soccer. Yea it s*cks. People send there kids so they get a participation trophy and little Johnnie and Suze don't get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Last time I checked, racing was in the top 3 in the number of fans....soccer wasn't one of the three!
    Haha, that's not even close to accurate. I've been a dirt late model and NASCAR fan since I was old enough to walk. I hate soccer. But numbers-wise, soccer far outweighs stock car racing. It's silly to suggest otherwise. This was a no-brainer for FOX. I'll be watching the truck race on FBC.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    If the attendance and viewership for the Cup races keep trending the way it is, it may end up on FBN as well. The last two weeks, I'd be surprised to hear the tracks were 50% full.
    Two weeks? More like two years. NASCAR is removing seats from their tracks and are still lucky to fill 50% of what's left. It won't be long til they have to restructure their TV contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    how do you know he is? I have plenty of friend that are gay, does not bother me, why does it you?
    victim

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Haha, that's not even close to accurate. I've been a dirt late model and NASCAR fan since I was old enough to walk. I hate soccer. But numbers-wise, soccer far outweighs stock car racing. It's silly to suggest otherwise. This was a no-brainer for FOX. I'll be watching the truck race on FBC.
    Not too sure about that! That was according to Ernie Saxton, well known racecar sponsorship guru, a few years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Two weeks? More like two years. NASCAR is removing seats from their tracks and are still lucky to fill 50% of what's left. It won't be long til they have to restructure their TV contracts.
    You're right. I was just using that as an example, because it was fresh. They have removed seats, covered over seats until most tracks seat around 40-60 thousand....15 years ago, they were expanding all the tracks, adding new seats, and if I remember correctly, the reason Kentucky didnt get a cup date for so long was because it only seated 60,000 or so.

They are going to have to figure something out. Monster only signed a 2 year deal, and I fully expect them to bail on Nascar after next year.