Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    how do you know he is? I have plenty of friend that are gay, does not bother me, why does it you?
    I have some gay friends... but they ant nemrods... Like him...

The Gold cup is a soccer tournament I think that happens every few years before the world cup BTW FOX has the broadcast rights for the World Cup next year so it only makes since for them to pump that. Here is what ESPN did a about a decade ago they got the rights for the World Cup really (realizing that some how the boring crap is the most popular sport in the World and kids play it every weekend morning) They started promoting the hell out of it and the Skinny Jeans Hipsters ate it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Sorry if insulted your gay lover boyfriend......lol
    Sorry sweetie, I'm not the one insulting him for turning down your sexual advances. But, watcha you'll find out, I don't care what people do, not my business, nor is it yours.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    The Gold cup is a soccer tournament I think that happens every few years before the world cup BTW FOX has the broadcast rights for the World Cup next year so it only makes since for them to pump that. Here is what ESPN did a about a decade ago they got the rights for the World Cup really (realizing that some how the boring crap is the most popular sport in the World and kids play it every weekend morning) They started promoting the hell out of it and the Skinny Jeans Hipsters ate it up.
    I'm guessing if it's the number one sport there is, more than so called hipsters watch it. I don't, not for me, but I won't dog it either. NASCAR stuff is not doing good, we all know that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

BB MODS to run same night as trucks
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Haha, that's not even close to accurate. I've been a dirt late model and NASCAR fan since I was old enough to walk. I hate soccer. But numbers-wise, soccer far outweighs stock car racing. It's silly to suggest otherwise. This was a no-brainer for FOX. I'll be watching the truck race on FBC.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Exactly.....are we living in Europe now?

Last time I checked, racing was in the top 3 in the number of fans....soccer wasn't one of the three!
    In 2016, MLS reported an average attendance of 21,692 per game, with total attendance exceeding 7.3 million overall, both breaking previous MLS attendance records

Nascar. Average 100k
    Total attendance 3.6

While more attend per race in nascar, the stadiums are 3x more capacity. Soccer about 25-30k capacity. Nascar around 90 k capacity.

Also one is a growing sport and the other is a growing nap time.

I sont lije either, just thought id share some facts

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    In 2016, MLS reported an average attendance of 21,692 per game, with total attendance exceeding 7.3 million overall, both breaking previous MLS attendance records

Nascar. Average 100k
    Total attendance 3.6

While more attend per race in nascar, the stadiums are 3x more capacity. Soccer about 25-30k capacity. Nascar around 90 k capacity.

And MLS isn't the big time soccer. It's the European stuff, and South America/Mexico. I'm not completely up on, but Messe and Ronaldo, I think it's Ronaldo, is thee highest paid athlete period right now.

Still a better move than Toni's "...let's have nascar trucks on a dirt track but make the dirt as close to being a paved track as much as we can!"

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post

Nascar. Average 100k
    Total attendance 3.6

I think some are forgetting ALL racing, not just nascrap!

I don't care how popular futball, aka soccer, is in Europe and/or South America. What those people like and watch on TV is of no concern or consequence to me. I won't knock it accept to say it is a boring game to watch. Futball, to some extent, has been force fed to Americans, and especially to young people, for decades in the hopes it would become a major American sport and it hasn't gained much traction in popularity until recent years. Much of it's popularity is due to the fact there are upwards of 12 million (some estimates go as high as 20 million) illegal aliens in this country that know nothing much of anything besides futball in regards to sporting events.

When I saw that the Eldora truck race was being preempted by some futball game and is being bumped off of a channel that I pay good money to receive onto a couple of channels that I don't receive it understandably pissed me off. At this point I'd be happier with an internet PPV!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I don't care how popular futball, aka soccer, is in Europe and/or South America. What those people like and watch on TV is of no concern or consequence to me. I won't knock it accept to say it is a boring game to watch. Futball, to some extent, has been force fed to Americans, and especially to young people, for decades in the hopes it would become a major American sport and it hasn't gained much traction in popularity until recent years. Much of it's popularity is due to the fact there are upwards of 12 million (some estimates go as high as 20 million) illegal aliens in this country that know nothing much of anything besides futball in regards to sporting events.When I saw that the Eldora truck race was being preempted by some futball game and is being bumped off of a channel that I pay good money to receive onto a couple of channels that I don't receive it understandably pissed me off. At this point I'd be happier with an internet PPV!
    Right I could see them cutting to commercial with ten laps to go...

Here's some numbers that will blow boring futball completely out of the water. I'm very proud to be a small part the spectator stats!

And a hell of a lot more than soccer here in America!!

For you Directtv viewers FBN is 359 and FS2 is 618. I'm in luck I get both of those channels. Some of you might get those channels and not even know you have the,

If ratings and advertiser support is there they will show it on premium channels, the message to NASCAR and its fans is clear as a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    If ratings and advertiser support is there they will show it on premium channels, the message to NASCAR and its fans is clear as a bell.
    If I'm understanding the situation correctly the Eldora truck race has the ratings and advertiser's support but due to Fox selling their souls to soccer heads in the form of broadcast contracts that allow for an infirm tournament schedule the race is preempted. Since it's inception the truck race on dirt has been the highest rated truck race of the season.

And you're right, the message is clear as a bell. The soccer heads have better lawyers negotiating their contracts than NASCAR and let the ratings be dammed.