Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    I believe the race went all 100 laps without a caution flag (WOW)
    Yes you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I missed that. I thought for sure with about 5 to go there would be.

Beyond boring. Overton could not lap 16th place car for over half the race. This rates right with some of the terrible DTWC train races. Awful just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Wow, what a breakout season for Overton. We'd seen him a lot here in Georgia, but I'm guessing he's surprising a whole lot of folks around the country.
    You would think so but not on 4m everybody predicted it knew hed be great all along...

WOO should be giving refunds for anyone that attended that $hit show and DOD should be as well for anyone that bought the PPV. After about 40 laps in there wasn't one pass including the leaders passing lap cars. 2017 Firecracker @ Lernerville Speedway wins worst race of the year. I know the weather was an issue but the little bit of track prep after the day time show was a disgrace. WOO needs the track crew they use to have. Bad track prep all during speedweeks at Volusia now bad track prep at Lernerville. Hope they can get the old crew back before Charlotte or it won't be worth going.

What did you want them to do ? Water the track more ? After the ammount of rain that came down your lucky you saw a race. Highly doubtful but in those cases the track crews hands were tied. All anyone could have hoped for was the track coming in on its own and it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    You would think so but not on 4m everybody predicted it knew hed be great all along...
    Great car and great driver is a no brainer. The guy had zero resources on the woo compared to what he has now.

But actually, most 4mers north of the mason-dixon are pretty surprised. Which is what the poster was saying.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 06-25-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    WOO should be giving refunds for anyone that attended that $hit show and DOD should be as well for anyone that bought the PPV. After about 40 laps in there wasn't one pass including the leaders passing lap cars. 2017 Firecracker @ Lernerville Speedway wins worst race of the year. I know the weather was an issue but the little bit of track prep after the day time show was a disgrace. WOO needs the track crew they use to have. Bad track prep all during speedweeks at Volusia now bad track prep at Lernerville. Hope they can get the old crew back before Charlotte or it won't be worth going.
    I don't believe the woo preps a track when they come to town??
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Pretty sure your right.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The crew that use to work at Lernerville/WOO did the track prep at most all of the WOO promoted and some of the co promoted events. Volusia, Lernerville, Syracuse, Las Vegas and Charlotte. They were the best. For a track that had that much rain to be that dry for both races was a disgrace. I have seen weather there before about the same with an afternoon race and the old crew fixed track back for a great night race. All I am saying is when you have that kind of event and you are charging premiums for tickets, camping and etc. you have to do a little more...

Lernerville is still prepped by the same folks who did the job when WoO owned the place. Track conditions on Saturday night were a victim of the weather, and the fact that two shows had to be run on the same date. If they would have prepped the track more after the afternoon program, the show would have lasted until well after midnight. Don Martin was always careful not to antagonize his Buffalo Twp. neighbors, and the surrounding areas have built up markedly since those days.

Quote Originally Posted by flash49 View Post
    Lernerville is still prepped by the same folks who did the job when WoO owned the place. Track conditions on Saturday night were a victim of the weather, and the fact that two shows had to be run on the same date. If they would have prepped the track more after the afternoon program, the show would have lasted until well after midnight. Don Martin was always careful not to antagonize his Buffalo Twp. neighbors, and the surrounding areas have built up markedly since those days.
    You are wrong... Dan is the only one left from the old crew that worked for WRG. Chad, Gary and Larry were the crew that prep the major events. Those guys are the one I am talking about. Dan never traveled with that group. And Chad was in charge of track prep when WOO owned and was there up until this year. Ask the locals how bad the track prep has been all this year.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 06-25-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    You are wrong... Dan is the only one left from the old crew that worked for WRG. Chad, Gary and Larry were the crew that prep the major events. Those guys are the one I am talking about. Dan never traveled with that group. And Chad was in charge of track prep when WOO owned and was there up until this year. Ask the locals how bad the track prep has been all this year.
    I am a local. There has been no complaints about the track. For someone that calls themselves only facts, you know jack sh*t.

And I don't know what people expected. The track has bee black slick from top to bottom for every Firecracker except the one Richards won. The race it self has never been all that interesting. The lack of passing in these races now is due to the b.s. rules to make all the cars exactly the same.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 06-25-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Everything is in the eye of the beholder. From my vantage point what we saw yesterday & last night was not a race it was a train. It pains me to criticize Lernerville because it has been one of my favorites but if whoever was responsible for track preparation could not do any better than that because of weather or whatever they would again in my opinion have served the fans better by canceling the races & giving us a full refund. My recent experiences with WRG events at Oswego, Volusia & Lernerville have all been real bad. Lucas at Sharon however still stands out as the biggest ripoff of them all because they made it into a non points race and practically all the drivers pulled off. I am giving Oswego one more try. I will not be renewing at Volusia or Lernerville until I see highlights of good racing returning which I sincerely hope will be the case. I will never attend Sharon Speedway again. That was larceny- no 2nd chances there.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I am a local. There has been no complaints about the track. For someone that calls themselves only facts, you know jack sh*t.
    Pretty sure the local racers I know aren't happy... maybe the fans and yourself are. Good for you. Fact is they had the same conditions in 2013 ran 3 shows with the afternoon show rubbering up then Chad with his crew fixed the track back for the 100 lapped and it wasn't a train race. It is one thing to have a train race in the middle of the afternoon but to have the track rubbered on lap 10 of a night race is another story. By the way I have never said you don't know Jack $hit when I thought you didn't. And I have thought that more than once. Lernerville 2017 2 WOO races both won from pole with almost zero passing. And the afternoon race was the dustiest race I have ever paid to not see. Those are facts.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 06-25-2017 at 12:11 PM.

I am a local and go to Lernerville every Friday night and the track prep has been as good or better at Lernerville since the Tomson's took over. The races yesterday started much later in the afternoon because of the inundated track than in the previous year that you speak of. As I said, the owners don't want to be running after midnight. Lots of people who live near the race track aren't race fans and could case a lot of trouble as has happened at many tracks throughout the land. Dan Bauman was always the brains of the track crew anyhow.
    Last edited by flash49; 06-25-2017 at 02:49 PM.

I am a local and go to Lernerville every Friday night and the track prep has been as good or better at Lernerville since the Tomson's took over. The races yesterday started much later in the afternoon because of the inundated track than in the previous year that you speak of. As I said, the owners don't want to be running after midnight. Lots of people who live near the race track aren't race fans and could case a lot of trouble as has happened at many tracks throughout the land. Dan Bauman was always the brains of the track crew anyhow.
    That was the year Josh Richards swept the weekend and the 100 lapper was run after a rain shower in the afternoon in between races. And the track ended up super topside dominant with a huge cushion. IIRC, 7 or 8 cars finished because everybody else broke.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Wong Flash. Gary Risch Jr was in charge. He got ran out by current MGMT at Lernerville and quit the woo also. Chad was the right hand man for Dan and he quit this year also due to getting a better job with the township in Sarver.

Dan knows as much about track prep as the other guys, and learned from the best, Earl Bauman. And the track prep has been fine since WoO departed, and the racing has been super. Obviously, the track was not good for the Firecracker, for a variety of reasons, none of which has to do with who is doing the prep work.

I've been to almost every regular show at Lernerville this year and I haven't seen a big difference in track prep compared to years past, with one exception, last week's regular show. Last week's track was terrible in my opinion, it was one of the driest and slickest tracks I remember seeing there. At the time they announced that the track was prepped that way to give our local drivers some exposure to different track conditions and to help them prepare for the Firecracker. In hindsight I wonder if they kept the track packed down and sealed because they were expecting so much rain in the week before the Firecracker and they didn't want it to rut up like Sharon did. If that's the case they must have gone overboard because I can't imagine how the track could have been so dry with as much rain as we got in the area on Thursday and Friday. It is strange because usually Lernerville has very good track conditions week in and week out. Overall I feel lucky to have that track close enough for me to go every week.