Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up #91 Rusty Schlenk Bags another Win in a Rayburn !!!

Congrats to Rusty on a dazzling 2017 so far, defying the critics, stupefying the scoffers and silencing the naysayers. Proving you can still win in a car built in Whiteland, Indiana.

http://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire.php?id=2804
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

Make that two wins this weekend. Banked another $4000 at I 96!

Win # 9 for 2017!

Them sweet cheery's are adding up fast!! Run that Rayburn just as you do... Let 'em run their mouth..

I was surprised by Rusty's schedule this weekend. He raced at FALS Friday but skipped out during the night before the big dogs showed up for the 10 G Sat. show. Surely he's not skeerd of a lil Hell Tour competition? He ran decent the night before at Spoon.
    8/13/16

I'm suprised he didn't run Oakshades AELMT for $4000 Saturday night. Oakshade is his hometown track. Instead he ran Fremont for ALMS points for some reason. The Ethanol series is a much better paying series.

Being fairly new to following Dirt Late Models, but can someone fill me in on what appears to be a biased against CJ Rayburn and for that matter some of the older chassis builders, i.e. Barry Wright, Mastersbuilt, GRT, Warrior etc on this board. Isn't Rayburn considered an iconic figure in this sport? From looking at it afar, it looks like CJ is trying to get back to prominence in the chassis building business, but most on here do not wish him or the others much success? What am I missing?

Many jealous of schlenk for way he runs his schedule and Rayburn is stubborn in his ways regarding swing arm and swearing it's better than 4 link

Just a bunch of Monkey See Monkey do in Late Model racing,so if you're not in an XR1 or any other High Priced gimmick you must be wrong,LMAO. Rusty knows what he is doing,so let the would be critics keep proving him right! You have to be some kind of special idiot to pay $75k for a dirt late model roller. 80% is driver. I can put a few racers in anything and they will win. Just look at lap times now vs. 20 years ago,not much difference,but a lot more HP and better tires,shocks and BUll(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word),but they are not going that much faster. Rayburn stubborn,that's an understatement, but if you know or believe you're right wouldn't you stand up for your beliefs? Someone will come up with something brilliant and the naysayers will claim its stupid until they get their ass kicked a few times, then they will all want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Many jealous of schlenk for way he runs his schedule and Rayburn is stubborn in his ways regarding swing arm and swearing it's better than 4 link
    To a lot of us, "Swing Arm" is better than 4 link. Ask Kevin Rumley if he thinks 4 link is best... Spoiler alert, he already said "NO", it isn't.

@ BTX, there are some followers of a certain popular brand that deems anyone not in that particular car as being stupid and/or backward. They tend to use peer pressure and insults to try and make others join their herd of sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    To a lot of us, "Swing Arm" is better than 4 link. Ask Kevin Rumley if he thinks 4 link is best... Spoiler alert, he already said "NO", it isn't.

@ BTX, there are some followers of a certain popular brand that deems anyone not in that particular car as being stupid and/or backward. They tend to use peer pressure and insults to try and make others join their herd of sheeple.
    I guess that makes Bloomer a know-nothing dummy then!

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    What did he say or do, to make you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post

4 link is far from best. There are a lot of better options. But the rule nazis prefer we buy double-secret shocks and other gadgets to crutch it along.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I've never messed with swing arm to speak much on but Rusty was on 4 link left and z link right Saturday. Swing arm seems to get best forward bite but doesn't turn as well as 4 link. I'm watching closely to see how this goes. To me all chassis the same. Just bunch of steel. The real magic is where things mounted and used together. That's what seperates the tour guys from regional and then local. They know better what their doing with their adjustments. Prices of chassis have gone retarded. No steel worth what some of these companies getting!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    No, that's not what I said. You can go fast in a 4 link, no question. You can go fast in other suspensions too, but these people that insist, "you do as they do" or your backward, they get under my skin. I prefer suspension and brand diversity, to each his own without the put downs. Like Kevin Rumley, I too see the flaws and short comings of 4 link, so I prefer other systems.

I miss the mid & late 90's when there was several different suspensions available

I miss leaf spring cars when it was a matter of what your right foot could or couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    I'm suprised he didn't run Oakshades AELMT for $4000 Saturday night. Oakshade is his hometown track. Instead he ran Fremont for ALMS points for some reason. The Ethanol series is a much better paying series.
    ALMS pays UMP Points Rusty is leading the UMP points.Big Picture Racing

Schlenk gets win # 10 at Oakshade.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteplate View Post
    ALMS pays UMP Points Rusty is leading the UMP points.Big Picture Racing
    AELMT is also UMP points.......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cast-iron-junkie View Post
    schlenk gets win # 10 at oakshade.
    rock on !!!