Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Summer Nationals drivers taking a night off?

Does anyone know if Moyer, Pierce, Babb and the rest of the summer nationals drivers are attending the World of Outlaws Late Model race at Joliet on Wednesday? I'm sure some of them need a break from the poorly named hell tour but I can't see them passing up a $10k to win race.

The way I figure, there is no way Pierce does. So if Moyer and Babb do, their chances of winning the points is over.

Their is no summer national race scheduled that night. Are they going to rest up or are they going to Joliet?

ahhhh, yeah that was ignorant of me I was thinking Plymouth was Weds night. 1 or 2 might go. I doubt the old retired man would, but ya never know. Probably depends on how they run tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Does anyone know if Moyer, Pierce, Babb and the rest of the summer nationals drivers are attending the World of Outlaws Late Model race at Joliet on Wednesday? I'm sure some of them need a break from the poorly named hell tour but I can't see them passing up a $10k to win race.
    No they won't be at Joliet.

Why is the Hell Tour poorly named?

With Bloomquist being less than 2 hours away in Plymouth Thursday night, any chance he will try to stop by for $10,000. You'd have to give him the advantage at a track nobody has run on.
    Last edited by bullring; 06-26-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    No they won't be at Joliet. Why is the Hell Tour poorly named?
    It sounds like a silly name for a race series. It may be good for some kind of death metal concert series but I don't get the connection for dirt late models. Oh we could add some more flames on the shirts and the back drops!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    It sounds like a silly name for a race series. It may be good for some kind of death metal concert series but I don't get the connection for dirt late models. Oh we could add some more flames on the shirts and the back drops!
    Some people will complain about anything, lighten up Francis.

Probably because of it's grueling schedule obviously. That's why it's called the "hell" tour. They like to use dramatic wording to get people intrigued. It's a marketing scheme.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 06-27-2017 at 08:21 AM.

I'll bet Erb is at Joliet

Erb has it on his schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Some people will complain about anything, lighten up Francis.
    I'm not complaining. Everyone says the car counts are lower and the stands aren't packed. I don't see John Deere or Caterpillar knocking down the door to sponsor the series or anything. Maybe the points fund would be double what it is, and they might be racing for more than 5K a night. Just sayin,and just my opinion.

I'm sure they would welcome a title sponsor. Not sure if they have even tried.

When first started it was not named the "hell tour" that came later but, if you think about it it's perfectly named. You race 29 races in 5 weeks. You get done between 10:30-12:00 at night you load up and either hit the road or stay over night and hit the road the next morning and arrive at the next scheduled track get your car prepared for that nights race and after that race you do it all over again. All the while in usually 90 plus degree whether and not sleeping in your own bed night after night no showers some nights and after 5 weeks you say man that was hell. Figure of speech of course.

Pierce will be there I asked him on facebook
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sorry, I knew why it was called that, I'm sure it's a good inside joke among all the crew members.I think most of the racer consider it paradise!

Pierce Just posted that he will not be there!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Probably because of it's grueling schedule obviously. That's why it's called the "hell" tour. They like to use dramatic wording to get people intrigued. It's a marketing scheme.
    I thought "hell tour" was just a nickname, "Dirtcar (UMP) summernationals" is its official name or I thought.

might have been the race of the year tonight at Plymouth

Why was Bloomer at Plymouth?

Was he in the area for some reason?