Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Davenport racing schedule

Wanting to get everyone's thoughts on JD having zero races between the Dream and July 6th. One month of NO wheeling. Will it be just what the BWRC team needs to reboot the batteries, or is it a precursor for what's to come with over half the season now complete. He has raced 30 times with only 1 victory, and only 25 remaining on the schedule. You can count on about 5 of those being rained out. It will be JD's lightest race schedule in years. Does he still have that fire that burns inside, to be the best and prove all the naysayers wrong, or has his flame run its course and will he move on from full time racing beginning in 2018. Perhaps even a new ride? I think JD is good for dirt track racing and would love to see him regain some of that moxy he once had. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about Davenport and his future.

JD's not done by no means. Watch and see what happens!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    JD's not done by no means. Watch and see what happens!
    You said that a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    You said that a month ago.
    Gone Fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Wanting to get everyone's thoughts on JD having zero races between the Dream and July 6th. One month of NO wheeling. Will it be just what the BWRC team needs to reboot the batteries, or is it a precursor for what's to come with over half the season now complete. He has raced 30 times with only 1 victory, and only 25 remaining on the schedule. You can count on about 5 of those being rained out. It will be JD's lightest race schedule in years. Does he still have that fire that burns inside, to be the best and prove all the naysayers wrong, or has his flame run its course and will he move on from full time racing beginning in 2018. Perhaps even a new ride? I think JD is good for dirt track racing and would love to see him regain some of that moxy he once had. I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about Davenport and his future.
    a lot of this has been said about the Newport Nightmare as well, my take is, with all the big time racers being so equal in equipment , and so many stifling rules, its easy to fall into a slump, but you keep digging , and i dont think these two are washed up by any means , just regrouping.....

Depends on Barry and what changes he makes to his program. If he stays status quo I think JD will be looking. There close but changes definitely need to be made. Both to the chassis and possibly power plant. How much change BWRC is willing to undertake will determine what JD does I believe.

The rock h roll express reunited?

The rock h roll express reunited?
    There was a rumor about the band getting back together.That pretty 6 car is collecting a lot of dust.

There was a rumor about the band getting back together.That pretty 6 car is collecting a lot of dust.
    Kevin had to pull coil wires off the other day as engines were trying to fire up wanting to race

I think those cars are used up as they ran like crap last times they were ran. Good refreshing or new ones would be good idea.

I think those cars are used up as they ran like crap last times they were ran. Good refreshing or new ones would be good idea.
    Yes, brand new ones are in the works,..perhaps lol

Idk why but jd seems to run his best in a longhorn. Ik it has alot to do w rumley but he seems comfertable in them. Not that there the only good winning chassis cuz theres others that roll pretty good into victory lane

Longhorn fits his style better. I wouldn't mind even seeing how he would be in an XR1. No reason JD shouldn't be a top 10 driver.

Who are the naysayers you speak of?

Longhorn fits his style better. I wouldn't mind even seeing how he would be in an XR1. No reason JD shouldn't be a top 10 driver.

Has he ever been in a rocket for many times?

Man.... you just opend up a can off worms w that last sentance on here

Sounds like Barry needs to change back to the old style and scrap this 'icon' chassis. JD did pretty well in the old style back in the day. Why fix something thats not broke?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Sounds like Barry needs to change back to the old style and scrap this 'icon' chassis. JD did pretty well in the old style back in the day. Why fix something thats not broke?
    I think there was a little bit of rolling the dice involved. If you hit it big with a new chassis, then you're going to make a lot of cash

Pro Power or Andy Durham would help too...

Lightbulb Mission Complete, move on.

Idk why but jd seems to run his best in a longhorn. Ik it has alot to do w rumley but he seems comfertable in them. Not that there the only good winning chassis cuz theres others that roll pretty good into victory lane
    You guys saw him run awesome for 1 really stellar season in a Longhorn and now that is the only car that fits his style... Look 2015 was a perfect storm for sure but not JD's only claim to fame. I've seen JD kick a$$ in a BWRC and a Rayburn in 2 different classes at the same track on the same night. The Rayburn was HIS personal car and the only swingarm in the field, on a dry slick flat dusty track against 23, 4 links. The BWRC was a custom built car he had Barry modify to simulate his Rayburn on the RR, known locally as the, "Stealth" car. His first win for Rumley was in a Rocket. He ran in the top 5 in Lucas Oil points in a BWRC for CBR, and was top 3 for a while that season too. JD has dominated the southern nationals in a BWRC multiple times. JD's was quick in a Bloomquist chassis too. If you want to believe there is some magic in a Longhorn that JD can't make it without, thats your business, but the record book says otherwise. Lastly, trying to rekindle the Rumley/Davenport pairing by mentioning bogus rumors on 4m won't work. Kevin reached his goals, succeeded and moved on to the next chapter in his life as did JD. They came, they conquered and for 1 glorious season they showed the world what was possible, but it was mission complete.

Next chapter...
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.