Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tony Izzo tells his side of the story regarding the Thaw Brawl/WRG fiasco

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Thumbs up

Wow. He made too much dam sense right there. I'm sure the FBI and morality police will be in to tell us why his viewpoint is wrong.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I'm sure the FBI and morality police will be in to tell us why his viewpoint is wrong.
    You mean DoD? They sided with Driggers that week.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Yeah he makes it all very clear to me that he wasn't going to just ask how high when Sam said jump! Tony had nothing to go on when he was told Richards couldn't race. Sam bailed when he knew Tony was in the right. If something is pending it holds no warrent for action Sam knew this Tony did to. Thats why Sam wanted Tony to remove him because Sam couldn't! Way to go Tony! As a fan, I appreciate your professionalism and will always suport your track!!!!

He was told what would happen if he let him race, then cries when it happened. Turn the place back into a drive in.

There's three sides to this story. Driggers' side, Izzo's side, and the truth. We'll never know the truth.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    He was told what would happen if he let him race, then cries when it happened. Turn the place back into a drive in.
    I agree and let's not forget Mr high and mighty Izzo ended weekly racing at LaSalle. That was another amateurish and horribly written article.

I believe the one who cares about the fans and drivers. The other one is just a money grabbing thug. My way or highway.......shows the total lack of respect for the fans, drivers and most of all a respected race promoter.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    I believe the one who cares about the fans and drivers. The other one is just a money grabbing thug. My way or highway.......shows the total lack of respect for the fans, drivers and most of all a respected race promoter.
    I going to have to agree MM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/18 TBA
    2024 Season: 6 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

We will never know the truth, I'm sure other long standing issues between the two party's played a factor! The "politics" of racing.

My thing with this is. Why was Sam the only UMP official to leave? He claims it would of taken to long to get transponders or whatever else. But if your pulling your sanction then do it 100%. He half a$$ed it and then cried to WRG to save his own a$$.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

I don't see that happening to LaSalla any time soon. Lucas and other promoters will pick up events there.

But it does take track owner and promoter to put on the shows. Who really knows the full truth about this. Looks like Sam trying bully tracks at times, he forgets if all tracks do like Tony did to dirtcar or World Racing Group they can't make money. But Tony might let his head get to big because of what his track draws on sales. he don't need promoters, he can do it on his own. Can't blame each side doing what they did Both right in their own way.

Think both parts ego are getting in the way, it take both put on great shows couple times a year. Fans and drivers look forward to them events, Lose lose for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    My thing with this is. Why was Sam the only UMP official to leave? He claims it would of taken to long to get transponders or whatever else. But if your pulling your sanction then do it 100%. He half a$$ed it and then cried to WRG to save his own a$$.
    Think you right about wrg saving his a$$. I don't care if wrg and dirtcar have ties. If some get ban from dirtcar it shouldnt effect driver running a WoO event. Makes you wonder why you don't hear this kind of stuff in Lucas often. Think Lucas is way more professional and reason why Forrest getting bigger and more driver are moving over to Lucas tour.

After seeing both sides of the story and knowing how some of the other promoters feel about WRG, it's a sanctioning body that has too much power and the abuse of it. It does make you wonder if UMP returned the $120 per entry sanctioning fee to all the entrants. It wasn't a sanctioned event.

If the over 200 tracks don't get together and replace UMP with something that was fair and equitable, they are just waiting their turn to get ripped by them. This is why there are so many, used to be sanctioning organizations.

Notice Driggers pretty much hiding at the dream? I did. Sitting in his little gay buggy and sneaking between the haulers to go to the bathroom.

I've raced at La Salle, Been part of pit crews at La Salle, The Izzo's have been nothing but nice to me or who I was at the track with. When Dennis Erb's Dad passed away the Izzo's supported him. When I showed up with my poor excuse of late model the were great. Kerry Ann asked why the announcer had no information on me. They strive to put the best show on and entertain the crowd.

Why is it the promoter's job to tell the guy not to race? Isn't it the promoter's job to promote the race, get the track ready, make sure concessions are available, bathrooms are clean, etc.?

If the race is sanctioned by UMP or whoever, and the UMP (or whatever sanction) director is there, why doesn't that director go up there and tell the guy he can't race? They're calling all the on-track shots already, so they should have the balls to tell a team it can't race.

Or am I using too much common sense?

Good post Norm!

Driggers is a limp wrist boy

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Notice Driggers pretty much hiding at the dream? I did. Sitting in his little gay buggy and sneaking between the haulers to go to the bathroom.
    Wasn't he doing the scales?