Thread: GRT setup help

Default GRT setup help

New 17 GRT, having trouble getting it to go in the slick, I am 100% by the book with CPD shocks. Looking for opinions on what guys are doing when the track slicks off. My pullbar is 1" off the right of rear end and all the way to left on frame. LR chain is 18" which is about 4.5" drop and rr is 1". Most of the GRT cars I'm seeing have tons of drive off and I'm really struggling there. Pm me if you feel needed, thanks

Did you ever find anything on this? I'm in the same boat as you this rear. c

I always centered the pull bar both front and back. Taking chain on the right rear all the way to ride height is something we did a lot of. Soften the pull bar helps as well there are several different things you can do that will fix these problems.

what kind of pull bar do you like on it?

What other stuff would you recommend keepittacky? Tired of the same old answer "tune with shocks" from GRT and "change the car" from my shock guy.

We ran a lot of quickcar stuff. I have messed with the xfactor and whers pullbar as well. When it got slick I always used 1 red 1 orange and 1 yellow, with 1/4-3/8 preload. The only problem with this setup is the biscuits tend to collapse the first time you run them when they are new. Most of the time I ran them in hot laps. Take it out and reset the preload. Things we did depended a lot on the size of the race track. Here’s kind of a list of things to try. Move pullbar to the left 1/4 inch on the rear end. Soften the pull barShorten the rr chain. Move the j bar down on the pinion 1/2 inch. Decrease stragger. Less spring rate on the right front. These are some options you could try. Remember You don’t want to be too tight in the slick if you can’t turn and your breaking traction to rotate the car you are loosing forward drive.

When I ran a G-12 I kept the pullbar 1" from the left side of the rearend bracket, all the way left on the chassis mount. 20 degrees of angle, with a 1050 ( I think ) Blue/Grey XFactor bushing on a 2 way. Shorten the right side 1/4" when slick helps to get you thru the middle and better set up for drive off the turn. 80lbs of LR in the car with driver weight 175 springs across the back. 0 stagger. Never changed anything from heats to slick features except maybe for the RR wheel offset to a 4". Won a lot with that car. Good luck.

your running your lr chain too short, 18 isnt enough. I had two phillips cars and he told me 19, he and joe disagree... but from my experience at a track messing with all this stuff till all my tires were bald 18.75 was the spot for the lr chain.

the rr chain will give you all the drive you could possibly need or want if you tighten it down, BUT when you hit a bump it loses all of the traction for that split second, it feels a bit like a pogo stick because thats what its doing. the good traction will likely out weight the bad and youll be faster unless the track is just rough all over.

pull bar the best one is the afco 3 way adjustable talk to bob harris for a special spring for it and run a purple bushing, i rated that spring set up and at 1 inch it was over 1600 lbs, it really ramps up fast, which is getting to darn near solid once your out of the corner and wanting to get going

bob harris shocks were the best i ever tried also, I had integra by phillips, some biltien bv, zero 1 package of fox shocks and a local guys bilstien bv.. bobs shocks were night and day different and worked as they should.

can you please explain a little more how the rr chain adds drive and how to set this up?

I used a bearing type like this:

https://pitstopusa.com/i-23942258-pp...uspension.html

You will see how it works. Ran mine with 3" of slack from ride height at rest when it was slick. Dont forget to wrap your chain with something like electrical tape or a heat shrink wrap so it does not get a kink in it.