Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We are here. Looking forward to a great night!!!

For what it's worth I am sitting in the 2nd set of stands in turn 4. White shirt, Ford hat, 5th row up in the center. Feel free to stop and say hello...... Alan slmcrewchief99

Women made me move. Back straight. Last set of stands before the pit entrance.

Finish: Sheppard, Wells, Eckert, Clanton, Frank, Babb, Pierce, Moran, Bagley, Moyer. Sheppard may have had an illegally grooved tire per Facebook.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Sheppard won but hearing he had illegal tire...

Update: Tire is deemed legal.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Women made me move. Back straight. Last set of stands before the pit entrance.
    What did you think of the racing?

WOW is all I can say. How did Shirley, Pierce, and Erb not wreck before Lap 28

Pierce had an interesting tweet earlier about a certain squirrel finding a nut.. I'm guessing this thread should get entertaining tomorrow after you guys see the video...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Barry Seal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mudweiser View Post
    Pierce had an interesting tweet earlier about a certain squirrel finding a nut.. I'm guessing this thread should get entertaining tomorrow after you guys see the video...
    Never thought I would agree with bobby pierce. FFS how many times did Tyler Erb get (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ked by him. Talk about overrated. Reminded me of the old shirley, run five laps and guaranteed he would overdrive it and mess up. You can say what you want about Madden, but it was well deserved. Kudos to Madden.

Default Dang

Very exciting stuff right there. Shirley, Erb, and Pierce, if you'd told me they all crashed each other out, after watching the first like 30 laps, I wouldn't have been surprised. And Shirley was holding them other two up big time. Erb had that cushion really working. Bobby seemed to be trying something other than banging it off the cushion so he'd have a better chance in the long run I'd guess. Then for whatever reason Shirley gives Pierce a body slam. Erb and Pierce coulda pulled that move on Shirley or each other, cause Erb gave Bobby some breaks, and they both gave Shirley breaks, but they ran each other surprisingly well. Shirley was holding them up severely and was a moving road block. Guessing his body slam gave Pierce the LR flat.

But the icing on the cake is that retarded move Shirley put on Madden. Madden should beat his fukin a$$. He clean drove through Madden. And Shirley had messed up again and Madden made a good pass. And I don't really care for Madden. But he was driving a very good, smart race. Not cushion banging, just a smart methodical race. And Shirley dumps him and gives Pierce a flat. So I'd say Shirley better have a few cars that someone else bought, cause Bobby and especially Chris, owe him one.

Erb and Pierce, very exciting, and surprisingly clean, been nice to see them two battle it out, and if they coulda caught BShepp.

But, hey, that was wayyy more exciting than about any race I've seen this year yet.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 07-02-2017 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Trying to applaud Bobby and Tyler
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Wow, what a first trip to I 55! Congrats to Shirley on f'ing up a fantastic race. Never have liked that guy and last night was reassurance on why. Was hoping Madden would drag him out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Wow, what a first trip to I 55! Congrats to Shirley on f'ing up a fantastic race. Never have liked that guy and last night was reassurance on why. Was hoping Madden would drag him out of the car.
    It looked so blatant it ain't even funny.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Illstate it was very good. Just like it is always advertised at Pevely. I'm surprised at the surface. Always thought it stayed hooked up all night but it went slick all over. Kinda like how the Mag will do. I'm not knocking it cause thats the surface we are used to. Now as far as the Pierce flat. All 3 of those guys slid each other. And several times they slid across their nose and the other car had to check up. Say what you want but Shirley just crossed over and didn't lift. I was sitting on the back stretch looking right at it. I say it all the time. If sliding a car is how you pass, then expect a bad outcome if you do.
    The crash did mess up a great shootout of a finish. I do have a question though. In Snats rules it says all cars that spin and make contact in the spin must restart tail back. Moran slid in there under Terbo, made contact, and stopped. Yet he got his spot back. It's not a big deal just don't understand the call.

Great race.
    And how about the crowd....it was packed.

You said it best Chupp and Bloomer fan. Shirley always tries to block a pass but I have never seen him get into guys like he did last night. But that was a great race. I think Pierce would have had something for Sheppard if not for the flat tire. I for one love watching slide jobs and cross overs! Thinking about making the 3 hr drive to Lincoln tonight but have to work Monday.

Correction, Moran slid under Frankie and stopped....

Illstate it was very good. Just like it is always advertised at Pevely. I'm surprised at the surface. Always thought it stayed hooked up all night but it went slick all over. Kinda like how the Mag will do. I'm not knocking it cause thats the surface we are used to. Now as far as the Pierce flat. All 3 of those guys slid each other. And several times they slid across their nose and the other car had to check up. Say what you want but Shirley just crossed over and didn't lift. I was sitting on the back stretch looking right at it. I say it all the time. If sliding a car is how you pass, then expect a bad outcome if you do.
    The crash did mess up a great shootout of a finish. I do have a question though. In Snats rules it says all cars that spin and make contact in the spin must restart tail back. Moran slid in there under Terbo, made contact, and stopped. Yet he got his spot back. It's not a big deal just don't understand the call.
    Lol, I wouldn't call Madden's pass an exact slider. Shirley f'd up coming out of 2 and Madden took the lane. Shirley drilled him before he even entered 3, you don't crossover into someone's left rear that late down the back shoot. I was looking straight at it from turn 4.

Correction, Moran slid under Frankie and stopped....
    I too was surprised he got his spot back. He clearly stopped as part of the wreck even if he had nowhere to go.

Jabber I never said anything about the Shirley/Madden crash as a slider gone bad. They had already got together when I looked that way. I just said the crash ruined a possible awesome finish.