Default Mansfield Raceway

Thanks for bringing the dirt back! One of the best facilities out there! We can't wait to go back!

My opinion is that it is only a matter of time before the DTWC will be held at this facility...

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    My opinion is that it is only a matter of time before the DTWC will be held at this facility...
    I hope you're right, the DTWC has overstayed its welcome at PRP and the facilities and racing would be much better at Mansfield.

The track appears to be about a full half mile in size.

Looks like seating for about 4500 max. unless they have built some new stands.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-03-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Said 4/10's. Racing looked good. Seating?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    The track appears to be about a full half mile in size.

Looks like seating for about 4500 max. unless they have built some new stands.
    The main grandstand seats 7500.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    The main grandstand seats 7500.
    Did they build some new ones? The main stands on the front stretch are about 500 feet long on Google Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I hope you're right, the DTWC has overstayed its welcome at PRP and the facilities and racing would be much better at Mansfield.
    People bitch€d for years, wanting this race to find a home and it stay there, now it's found a home, you want it to move again. Do I think prp is the best place for it racing wise? No. I don't want to see this race get back on this track carousel again. The racing sucked for years at Pennsboro and nobody complained. The last two at prp have been decent.

People seem to forget it was at Lawrenceburg for one year, which is basically offers the same facilities that Mansfield has to offer. That lasted a year and it was on the moved again. It's not about the facilities either.

The DTWC is not going to move anytime soon.

I was glad to see this race was a success though.

I'm all for the DTWC moving around. The only reason Lawrenceburg didn't get another shot was because of the geographical location. IMO the DTWC should only stay in one place for 3 years maximum, then move it.

How to you figure Mansfield is a better location than lawrenceburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Did they build some new ones? The main stands on the front stretch are about 500 feet long on Google Earth.
    Lived in Mansfield when the new grandstands were built. It was always claimed that they held 7500. Also that is what the website claims.
    Last edited by Mams; 07-05-2017 at 08:26 AM.

I think Oakshade would be a great track for the DTWC, 2 and 3 wide racing all the way around the track! Florence is also a fantastic track, 2 crown jewels at Florence is not a bad thing!

I would love to see it moved from the current PRP. most of the time that track is a bottom feeder, blow all the river silt up on the racing surface one drove dustbowl. unless mother nature waters the $hit out of it.
    no banking. flat up next to the wall. cannot even use the whole track.

only thing I see it has going for it is the camping space. other than that nothing
    But what do I know
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I think Oakshade would be a great track for the DTWC, 2 and 3 wide racing all the way around the track! Florence is also a fantastic track, 2 crown jewels at Florence is not a bad thing!
    Oakshade would certainly help fans relive the experience of Pennsboro.

Oakshade would be a great racetrack. However the facilities could not support the crowd that shows up for this race...
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

just put dirt back on bristol
    victim

Mansfield appears to be just slightly longer than 4/10ths (.433 mile) when measured up near the wall. Looks like a nice facility on the satellite imaging.

Was the asphalt removed or was dirt laid down over top?

Asphalt was removed. It's a great facility

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Oakshade is definitely not the place to have something as big as the DTWC facilities are far from adequate the once 3 wide racing has not been the case most of the times in my opinion the track needs new clay I cant say when the last time that has happened but most of the time dust is heavy by the end of hot laps.Turn 1 & 2 ya never know what your gonna get bouncing from one hole to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    the once 3 wide racing has not been the case most of the times in my opinion the track needs new clay I cant say when the last time that has happened but most of the time dust is heavy by the end of hot laps.Turn 1 & 2 ya never know what your gonna get bouncing from one hole to the next.
    I saw that in the video of the AELT race there. Didn't look like what the comments you read about how great the place is.