Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hudson O'Neal

Default Hudson O'Neal

Hudson O'Neal has been pretty impressive the last 2 nights finishing 3rd and 2nd respectively against some pretty good competition. .

Yes there is some good young guns coming up. Devin Moran blew a right rear 24 laps in while leading.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Yes there is some good young guns coming up. Devin Moran blew a right rear 24 laps in while leading.
    Yeah I like Moran as well.

I am glad you started a thread I wanted to start. I hesitate because it winds up a trash session about you know who. LOL
    Hudson is down right impressive, he is going to win races before long. Moran is downright impressive too. Personally I am happy for Eddie Carrier too.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I am glad you started a thread I wanted to start. I hesitate because it winds up a trash session about you know who. LOL
    Hudson is down right impressive, he is going to win races before long. Moran is downright impressive too. Personally I am happy for Eddie Carrier too.
    I agree glad to see Carrier get the win against some good competition.
    Yes both Moran and Hudson are impressive. The sport is in good hands with the youngster we have now.

Yeah I know what you mean about the trash session I'm sure if we wait long enough it will happen.

Doesn't seem that long ago I remember Hudson tagging along with his dad at races. He was probably about 8-10 yrs. old. Hard to believe he's in a Super Late model already. He has certainly been impressive.
    8/13/16

Yeah I have known John Gill and Donnie O for years. Like them both. Both have young sons starting to race. Hudson seem for sure to be the "Real Deal Jr.". Not sure how John's son is doing though. He was at Florence a few times last year I think, but not sure if he still is racing.

This O'Neil kid appears to have a bright future awaiting him. IIRC young Mr. O'Neil ran top 5 driving a wingless 410 sprint car at Brownstown, IN a couple of years ago. Very impressive since those things are beasts.

On his website he has listed as his most wanted win: 'Chili Bowl Midget Nationals' - Tulsa (OK) Expo Center!! Gotta' love that!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Yeah I have known John Gill and Donnie O for years. Like them both. Both have young sons starting to race. Hudson seem for sure to be the "Real Deal Jr.". Not sure how John's son is doing though. He was at Florence a few times last year I think, but not sure if he still is racing.
    Hudson is light years ahead of Remington Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Rollover View Post
    Hudson is light years ahead of Remington Gill
    Not knocking Hudson, but he has the advantage that his dad is still on the tour with a premier team. So top flight equipment, cutting edge setups and exposure to many many tracks across the country and racing door to door with some of the best. To my knowledge Remington hasn't had those same advantages, so not an apples to apples comparison or completely fair. Lots of talented young drivers coming along, but if I had a team I'd go with Devin Moran first, he's good on equipment and still gets the job done.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I believe Hudson just got his driver's license within the past couple weeks as well. How many people can say they qualified top 2 for the World before they were allowed to drive to the races? The coolest thing about him and Moran are the way they carry themselves on and off the track. Unlike some of the other punks coming up, these two know what racing is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Not knocking Hudson, but he has the advantage that his dad is still on the tour with a premier team. So top flight equipment, cutting edge setups and exposure to many many tracks across the country and racing door to door with some of the best. To my knowledge Remington hasn't had those same advantages, so not an apples to apples comparison or completely fair. Lots of talented young drivers coming along, but if I had a team I'd go with Devin Moran first, he's good on equipment and still gets the job done.
    I get what your saying but they raced a crate show at Bloomington about a month ago and Hudson was in a black 24 car I believe not the normal excellent equipment he normally has. Hudson schooled Remington in the race. Not for sure how good the car was he was driving that night. From what Ive seen personally I cant see Remington ever being more then a local driver.

Lightbulb

I get what your saying but they raced a crate show at Bloomington about a month ago and Hudson was in a black 24 car I believe not the normal excellent equipment he normally has. Hudson schooled Remington in the race. Not for sure how good the car was he was driving that night. From what Ive seen personally I cant see Remington ever being more then a local driver.
    He may only ever be a local, but comparing a local crate driver to essentially a top tier tour driver simply because of who there fathers are isn't a fair thing to do in my eyes. My bet is Hudson had more laps in after florida than Remington has for the whole season. Laps make the difference, no comparison.
    I was a highwayman
    and I am still alive

Hudsons car is owned by the Burns family out of Indiana.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

He may only ever be a local, but comparing a local crate driver to essentially a top tier tour driver simply because of who there fathers are isn't a fair thing to do in my eyes. My bet is Hudson had more laps in after florida than Remington has for the whole season. Laps make the difference, no comparison.
    nobody compared them by who their fathers where from what i seen. laps do make a difference im just pointing the obvious hudson is the better driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    Hudsons car is owned by the Burns family out of Indiana.
    And they have a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I saw Hudson's first super race. It was obvious in about 2 laps that the kid was a rare talent.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs up

nobody compared them by who their fathers where from what i seen. laps do make a difference im just pointing the obvious hudson is the better driver.
    That's fine, I just wasn't clear why he was being singled out.
    Was it a match race between just those 2 cars or were there 22 other drivers who got schooled too?
    Best of luck to Remington and Hudson, 2 fine young chauffeurs on the rise.
    Last edited by Highwayman; 07-07-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    I was a highwayman
    and I am still alive

Hudson is a good talent, he's also always had the best equipment. I've been watching this Brandon Overton kid. He's really impressive! He schooled the Lucas boys at Cherokee last night, and has won numerous series races this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Hudson is a good talent, he's also always had the best equipment. I've been watching this Brandon Overton kid. He's really impressive! He schooled the Lucas boys at Cherokee last night, and has won numerous series races this year.
    Ain't no sh!t. Overton and The Dream, a Dream Team.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.