Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I don't even think Bloomquist has done this......

Sunday night after the Central Pa 410 Sprint Speedweek race at Path Valley Kyle Larson posted on Twitter that he sold $13k+ of shirts and other merchandise that night.
    That's one heck of a payday for a few hours!
    He also stated that is a whole lot more than he gets from his NASCAR merchandise sales after everyone gets their cut......

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Sunday night after the Central Pa 410 Sprint Speedweek race at Path Valley Kyle Larson posted on Twitter that he sold $13k+ of shirts and other merchandise that night.
    That's one heck of a payday for a few hours!
    He also stated that is a whole lot more than he gets from his NASCAR merchandise sales after everyone gets their cut......
    Man, I can't say I disagree, but if you watch that trailer at the World 100, I dunno. Knowing kids shirts are like 20, adults are 30+, and his have always been more, I'd bet he's right there. Always the biggest line there, even when JD was on his streak.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I just can't see paying 30 for a T-shirt no matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I agree, why I don't have very many of his. Last one I bought, because it was cool, was the one with him after he'd won his first World and I think he was dating Katrina the first time around. And the back was a recent pic. Sadly, a lot of the shirts have reached his price point now. People wanting fancier graphics at a better quality.

Most of your clothing stores aren't much better. Though usually they have a buy one at like 25-30 and get the next half off.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Just for the record it won't Bloomquist that did it but 3 or
    4 years ago this particular driver was so HOT him alone sold over 35k at world 100 so I'm confident Bloomquist sold more than 35 k that race .

So in a 6 hour night at an average of $25 a shirt, you would have to sell 86 shirts per hour to get up to $13,000 (which is not profit) but I've never seen over a few shirts an hour at anyone's trailer.

A few years back, The O Show sold a lot of merchandise, No matter were you went to watch a race, There would be several people with a Jimmy shirt!

They give out awards for selling merchandise?

Money$$$$$$$..

pretty sure pierce last world 100 at other times JD, Owens Bloomer and Moyer too

Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    yeah a booby prize
    A booby bobblehead?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Read. A story on Chris Rock he used to sell his t shirts fir 30 and 40 dollars and people would by one, he cut his price to 15 dollars not only did more people buy them they would buy 3 or 4 at a time he said at the end of the day he made more profit at the lower price then he ever did at the higher price.

$20 bucks is the maximum I will pay for a racing shirt.....that being said, my wife laid down the law,I could not buy any new ones till I got rid of some of the old ones. So being the good husband I went through my drawer and I paired it down to 10 or so. Now I got a bucket full of rags in my garage. She was right, as usual, some were nearly 10 years old. A side note....the worst thing is to buy a new shirt and the driver suddenly changes teams and the shirt becomes instantly obsolete. Might be saver to buy track, series or event shirts instead of a driver shirt.

What about sweat shirts? I have Lucas Oil one. Paid $30 for it. That's my Max. I won't buy another. Doesn't have a schedule or year on it. Just a regular sweat shirt with their logo

IF Scott would ever bring back the 18 car for the world, he would decimate that number. I'm not Bloomquist fan at all, but that car is iconic to the sport.

When a Mark Martin refrig magnet went to $7.95, I quit buying.

A friend of a friend pulled a sovereign trailer for a team for 3 yrs. He got a new truck/trailer and a road map. LOL. Most of the time the driver gave him a family member/girlfriend of his at the racetrack. He got rooms on the road. Worked from florida until season end. No idea what he made, but he did tell us the guy made a lot more money than anyone could imagine. So is it a big part of there income, I believe so. The dumb ass missed the show at the kings royal and got booted. Last I new he was working in nascar land as a fabricator.
    Last edited by dirtcrazy4u; 07-04-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Pierce sold over 50k when he had the dependable carbuerator throwback. That was in one weekend

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    $20 bucks is the maximum I will pay for a racing shirt.....that being said, my wife laid down the law,I could not buy any new ones till I got rid of some of the old ones. So being the good husband I went through my drawer and I paired it down to 10 or so. Now I got a bucket full of rags in my garage. She was right, as usual, some were nearly 10 years old. A side note....the worst thing is to buy a new shirt and the driver suddenly changes teams and the shirt becomes instantly obsolete. Might be saver to buy track, series or event shirts instead of a driver shirt.
    A buddy of mine took some of old shirts to a quilter and had a blanket made out of them. I've probably got close 100 or more myself. A lot of them I don't wear anymore. Every now and then I'll break one out from 2008 and it turns a lot of heads.

The only shirts I've bought were a Sleepy Tripp shirt from the late 70's and a PDC deal from FALS last year... that's if you don't count the thousands I bought to resell when I was promoting.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019