Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JD

Default JD

Seen the car has a bent front clip from the wreck at Cherokee. They only have the one car???? Noticed he wasn't going to Smoky Mountain. How much longer does he stay with BWRC...
    Last edited by Hoosier_Dirt; 07-09-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Not saying your wrong, I'm just wondering how on earth does a house car only have 1 car??

Haven't seen them run since Feb but he had a second car in the top of the trailer at Golden Isles in Feb. Will he get a super late model win this year?

Funny, I heard several others ask the same thing. Since when does someone miss a 10K race because of a bent clip? This new JD that everyone is seeing, has definitely caused him to not only stop his growing fan base from expanding, it has actually caused his fan base to start shrinking.

Yea, they all jumped on board with TMac

Didn't JD say last year he was not going to be running as many races this year?

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Funny, I heard several others ask the same thing. Since when does someone miss a 10K race because of a bent clip? This new JD that everyone is seeing, has definitely caused him to not only stop his growing fan base from expanding, it has actually caused his fan base to start shrinking.
    Someone that's not chasing points and bent the front clip the night before.

I've seen drivers skip events for far less.

Quote Originally Posted by #falsuperman View Post
    funny, i heard several others ask the same thing. Since when does someone miss a 10k race because of a bent clip? This new jd that everyone is seeing, has definitely caused him to not only stop his growing fan base from expanding, it has actually caused his fan base to start shrinking.

bent $ clip!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Yea, they all jumped on board with TMac
    Not quite... just waiting to see what happens

$hit it can't drive any worse than it already did, might as well bend the back too.

Maybe they was onto something the night he bent the clip, it's a smart move in my opinion...

Fix the car take that package to the next track see if they hit on something good.. why take a wrecked car to the next track and run terrible and bang your head trying to figure was it the bent car or the setup that made it not perform..

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsman08 View Post
    Maybe they was onto something the night he bent the clip, it's a smart move in my opinion...

Fix the car take that package to the next track see if they hit on something good.. why take a wrecked car to the next track and run terrible and bang your head trying to figure was it the bent car or the setup that made it not perform..

We'll find out sat night at wythe speedway. That was a brand new car and its first race. Hope they get it back right and it rolls good sat night. Good luck to them!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    $hit it can't drive any worse than it already did, might as well bend the back too.
    i like jd but this an the bent money clip dig had me laughin!!!! To funny!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Didn't JD say last year he was not going to be running as many races this year?
    Yes he did...and he wasn't lying either: 5 in February, 6 in March, 7 in April, 8 in May, 4 in June (3 races were the Dream), 2 so far in July with a total of 5 if the next 3 races don't get rained out or they don't cancel. 3 races scheduled for August (2 are the N/S 100). Septemeber looks to be the big month with 11 races scheduled. If all the remaining scheduled races don't get rained out, JD will have run 57 races for the year. Lowest total for him in a decade. They are developing a brand new chassis. So, I do understand the lighter schedule, for the most part.

Stats so far this year: 32 races-- 10 top 5 finishes (4 Lucas, 1 WOO)....18 top 10 finishes. 1 win (crate), 2 DNS (Both were Show me races). Last top 5 for JD was 5th at Show Me 100, where he actually had fans excited for his impressive run from 26th to 5th. That was May 28th. Since then, nothing very good has happened. Biggest payday of the year is 3K (crate race). Not a friendly return to date. Still hopefully him and BW figure this thing out. They have another 3 1/2 months.

Yep. There are plenty of decent paying crate races. I'm surprised a lot of the guys having slumps in supers don't go down and pick the cherries at some crate races. Money is money, if your doing it for a living, make no apologies.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Stats so far this year: 32 races-- 10 top 5 finishes (4 Lucas, 1 WOO)....18 top 10 finishes. 1 win (crate), 2 DNS (Both were Show me races). Last top 5 for JD was 5th at Show Me 100, where he actually had fans excited for his impressive run from 26th to 5th. That was May 28th. Since then, nothing very good has happened. Biggest payday of the year is 3K (crate race). Not a friendly return to date. Still hopefully him and BW figure this thing out. They have another 3 1/2 months.
    You must have ADD or something, definitely a Millennial because no attention span at all. You say he hasn't done anything since May 28th, but I know of at least 2 Series races since then that he was leading and taken out... The sponsor they had lined up for the year bolted with a bad attitude. I have no idea how many cars they have at present, but I'm sure they don't have Rocket money and 10 cars laying around, "Just in case". You race with the funding you have. If fans are jumping ship because of some hard times, then they aren't fans, no sir.

They've got the chassis/engine sorted, they are putting up good speed and running up front, just bad luck is getting in the way. I know you holding out hope that JD will jump ship and beg Kevin to let him back in his car, but at this point I don't think either want that, its over, it ran its course, goals were met, its time to move on. I'm sure if you have a couple hundred thousand laying around Barry & JD will be glad to take it and build some backups to appease the "Fair weather Fans" but barring that, it is what it is. If you really are a fan, try being supportive instead of subversive all the time.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

My comment was based solely on where he finished. They don't pay you extra money to run well for 40 laps and finish 18th. I like JD. I'm also a realist. As a fan, you should be able to express opinions (good and bad). I know he was running well the other night. Overton still had the better car. Taken out or not, JD was not going to win that race. He definitely had a chance at a podium finish. Anyway, my post was solely based on FINAL RESULTS, not "what could've been". Like I said, hopefully Davenport and BW get this figured out in the next 3 months.

You're no fan, you're no fan at all.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Default Superman

JD has an ownership stake in BWRC's that was part of his deal for going there.....they are struggling and i think it will continue. Barry will not spend the money for an engineer and until he does they wont be competitive. As far as fair weather fans.....well go pull for bloomer cause u were never a fan of JD. The guy did not forget how to drive but the equipment is not where it needs to be.