Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

smlcrewchief99... I think your spot on about the track. You had a longgggg a$$ drive this weekend. I hope you were able to enjoy some of your trip this weekend. The Mod race last night sounded like a wild one. With a car going on its roof & 1st and 2nd getting taken out buy a big wreck. With Kenny Wallace going on to win. And TY for giving updates last night.

Slm, I wasn't there so I don't know about track conditions. What has everyone upset is the promoter , he is the one that also owns Boswell. Think about this, why wasn't there more cars there?almost half were crates, yes there is a reason. Mike has absolutely no people skills what so ever. He treats fans and drivers like shi t. Don't believe try talking to him. Dirt racing does not need him. He is lucky to have six car features on weekly shows and 60 fans. Drivers that live 10 minutes from his track drive two hours elsewhere to race. See the picture? I'm done

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Slm, I wasn't there so I don't know about track conditions. What has everyone upset is the promoter , he is the one that also owns Boswell. Think about this, why wasn't there more cars there?almost half were crates, yes there is a reason. Mike has absolutely no people skills what so ever. He treats fans and drivers like shi t. Don't believe try talking to him. Dirt racing does not need him. He is lucky to have six car features on weekly shows and 60 fans. Drivers that live 10 minutes from his track drive two hours elsewhere to race. See the picture? I'm done
    And he wants to build a new track in Indiana too.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Golddirt I understand fully what you are saying. Being a track owner/promoter is not for everyone. It takes people skills beyond belief to take on such a task. It sounds like this guy doesn't have those skills. I hate that for the fans as well as the racers. This kind of thing happens in every region. It may take a year or 2 but most of the time these things tend to work themselves out because this kind of promoter can't withstand the loss. He will step away and someone else will take his place.
    I am sorry for the rant I went on last night. I feel like I got called out by a couple of guys and it kinda got to me. There seems to always be a select few that think they know EVERYTHING and only their opinion is allowed. I will always value that said opinion if they happen to be in attendance and have a clue what they are talking about. But don't call me out and make a joke about it, especially if you aren't there to see it in person. I was there from 3pm till midnight. I know exactly what I saw and described it just like I saw it. So that's why I responded like I did. I usually don't get too upset about those kind of comments but sometimes you just have to stand you ground. It's time to make that stand.
    I was over 10hrs from home. I enjoyed every minute of it. No matter how good or bad the racing was it was worth every penny it cost me to be there. I sat around some really cool guys at Highland and Danville. Met SSU18 and talked to him for a few minutes at Highland also. Got to watch some guys race that I haven't seen before. So those are the memories I made this weekend. It's something I will always remember. The good Lord has blessed me with WAY more than I deserve. Just to be able to make it there is more than I ever expected I could ever do. If my sales counterpart didn't have to have a new pacemaker and take vacation the rest of the week, I would still be there. I really wanted to follow the tour to Michigan and Ohio. There is always next year though. And like I've said before. Maybe I will be there again but in the pits with our own race team beating on body panels with all the other crewguys.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Golddirt I understand fully what you are saying. Being a track owner/promoter is not for everyone. It takes people skills beyond belief to take on such a task. It sounds like this guy doesn't have those skills. I hate that for the fans as well as the racers. This kind of thing happens in every region. It may take a year or 2 but most of the time these things tend to work themselves out because this kind of promoter can't withstand the loss. He will step away and someone else will take his place.
    I am sorry for the rant I went on last night. I feel like I got called out by a couple of guys and it kinda got to me. There seems to always be a select few that think they know EVERYTHING and only their opinion is allowed. I will always value that said opinion if they happen to be in attendance and have a clue what they are talking about. But don't call me out and make a joke about it, especially if you aren't there to see it in person. I was there from 3pm till midnight. I know exactly what I saw and described it just like I saw it. So that's why I responded like I did. I usually don't get too upset about those kind of comments but sometimes you just have to stand you ground. It's time to make that stand.
    I was over 10hrs from home. I enjoyed every minute of it. No matter how good or bad the racing was it was worth every penny it cost me to be there. I sat around some really cool guys at Highland and Danville. Met SSU18 and talked to him for a few minutes at Highland also. Got to watch some guys race that I haven't seen before. So those are the memories I made this weekend. It's something I will always remember. The good Lord has blessed me with WAY more than I deserve. Just to be able to make it there is more than I ever expected I could ever do. If my sales counterpart didn't have to have a new pacemaker and take vacation the rest of the week, I would still be there. I really wanted to follow the tour to Michigan and Ohio. There is always next year though. And like I've said before. Maybe I will be there again but in the pits with our own race team beating on body panels with all the other crewguys.
    Okay sir, you were there and I was not. So until I see a video of this race I will not comment any further than to say, was there dust or not? And also if the track had been packed between races those cushion problems could have been prevented possibly? Or do you just plain like a dry slick racetrack?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Okay sir, you were there and I was not. So until I see a video of this race I will not comment any further than to say, was there dust or not? And also if the track had been packed between races those cushion problems could have been prevented possibly? Or do you just plain like a dry slick racetrack?
    I seen the race on DOD, the dirt looked different than what we see in the Midwest but it didn't look dusty just rough.

This guy could F==k up road kill...

Watching the replay on DoD, there was no dust. The track looked pretty narrow with a rough cushion. No more than two wide. You could tell how rough it was by hearing the engines rev up when they would hit rough spots in the corners and start bouncing. Too bad for the race teams and fans.

They pulled a box blade over the cushion every time and knocked it off. The track was wet enough that when the cars got back on it that the cushion came right back on it again. They did that a half dozen times. At intermission they put the Motor Grader on it. Graded all the way to the top of the track. But again because it had so much moisture in it that it came back again. Only this time the cushion was about 1/3rd off the bottom in 1 & 2 and about the middle of 3 & 4. The packing that was done at the start of the night was done by the supers. How often does your main draw pack??? Each packing after that, it was done by 2 trucks and a Dodge Durango that would barely run. I personally walked to my RV at intermission when it was graded off. It still had enough moisture in it that you could here it in the sound off their tires as I walked close to the track. Whether you agree or not that's just fine. It's your opinion. But in some rare cases there is such a thing as too much water. This was 1 of those times.
    And no, I don't plain just like dry slick tracks. Traction is not a problem if it's a multi groove track. Dry slick is not a problem if it multi groove. 1 lane racing, no matter the surface, is not fun to watch. The night before I complained as much as anyone about Highland NOT having enough water on it. They totally reworked the track after time trials and made it better. It just didn't hold up to 50 laps. About 25 to 30 laps in the track went 1 lane on the bottom. It sucked. Point blank. So no, I don't "plain love dry slick".

Very good points SLM. Dam n this sounds like the old 4m !!!good discussions about racing !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    This guy could F==k up road kill...
    more like a wet dream

I was there and I feel like slmcrewchief99 is spot on with everything he said. Cushion too big and too close to bottom.

This is my hometown track. It sucks to see it go downhill. Through the years, a lot of the past promoters and employee say that it's not easy working with the fairboard. It's also hard that the local economy isn't in a position to support weekly racing at this track.

Good point phats it didn't use to be that way

Can remember when this was one of the bests tracks... the man that knew how to do the track there is Dead... And now so is the track... And the fair board there is a bunch of A$$ holes and that ant changed...

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    They pulled a box blade over the cushion every time and knocked it off. The track was wet enough that when the cars got back on it that the cushion came right back on it again. They did that a half dozen times. At intermission they put the Motor Grader on it. Graded all the way to the top of the track. But again because it had so much moisture in it that it came back again. Only this time the cushion was about 1/3rd off the bottom in 1 & 2 and about the middle of 3 & 4. The packing that was done at the start of the night was done by the supers. How often does your main draw pack??? Each packing after that, it was done by 2 trucks and a Dodge Durango that would barely run. I personally walked to my RV at intermission when it was graded off. It still had enough moisture in it that you could here it in the sound off their tires as I walked close to the track. Whether you agree or not that's just fine. It's your opinion. But in some rare cases there is such a thing as too much water. This was 1 of those times.
    And no, I don't plain just like dry slick tracks. Traction is not a problem if it's a multi groove track. Dry slick is not a problem if it multi groove. 1 lane racing, no matter the surface, is not fun to watch. The night before I complained as much as anyone about Highland NOT having enough water on it. They totally reworked the track after time trials and made it better. It just didn't hold up to 50 laps. About 25 to 30 laps in the track went 1 lane on the bottom. It sucked. Point blank. So no, I don't "plain love dry slick".
    Thank you for explaining this all out. Was there a lot of rain the days before the race and it managed to soak into the track too much, by chance?

I went to Danville a long time ago and remember the dirt as being pretty black and also not pure clay. Is it still that way?

Thank you for explaining this all out. Was there a lot of rain the days before the race and it managed to soak into the track too much, by chance?

I went to Danville a long time ago and remember the dirt as being pretty black and also not pure clay. Is it still that way?
    Black dirt 100% clay 0% and the dirt is burned up...To much burn tires mixed in now....Has not been refreshed in years....

Sounds like ole Blackstown Speedway, where there is enough rubber in the track to make a semi load of tires!!!