Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the help everyone! It is much appreciated! Thank You!

That 3" number was actually the 4" number my mistake.

I made some changes and went through the car and found somethings. Will try it again on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DK1 View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone! It is much appreciated! Thank You!

That 3" number was actually the 4" number my mistake.

I made some changes and went through the car and found somethings. Will try it again on Friday.
    That makes more sense. Good luck!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

So are you guys always looking for X amount of load at 4" of travel? Or does that value change throughout the night? Which is more important, the wheel load or achieving the desired travel?

As the track slicks off & lap times get slower, the car will generate less load. The RF front must either be softened or preload taken out of bump stop to allow the same travel with less load. How much depends on track condition & driving style.

Preload taken out of bumpstop??Did You mean spring?

Probably meant shims out of the bump stop.

Correct, remove packers to delay bump stop engagement, resulting in more travel with less force.

Got it, now I'm with you.

Travel is way more important from a camber gain and geometry standpoint, but these days much more importantly from an aero standpoint. Granted on exit you do see some nose lift because the shocking they use in the slick to get some weight transfer

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Seen that exact thing before, hikes fine if there is some brown but if both tires in the black it's flat as a pancake no matter bar angles or etc. Is your battery mounted to the right over on the X, instead of over behind driver or over LR area? Is you left side % less then 54.0% (like 53.8% with driver)? I'm assuming this is a non xr1 car correct?

Do you recommend moving battery to center of car?

Your driveshaft isn't too long is it? and hitting trans just may not notice it in the traction cause there is traction there
    We had this problem and overlooked it for some time until we found the driveshaft was too long and bottoming out against trans... didn’t seem to hurt when track was heavy but not enough drop when it slicked off

alot of guys have this problem with drivelines and is often overlooked i cant stress enough u have to make sure it aint bindin or bottoming out or every thing ur doin or have done is worth nothing.