Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ROLL CALL: Richmond Raceway, July 22nd, Butterball memorial

Who's all going? Should be a good night for late models and mods.

Somebody that's been to Richmond before give a first timer some info on the place. Do they have lawn chair area ? Best place to sit ? Can I bring in small cooler ? Good concessions ? Track easy to find ? Any info be helpful

I will try to answer all of your questions in the order presented: No, None, No, No, No.

D@mn is the place that bad ? So in other words it won't be worth going too ?

Been there 8-10 times and just never really cared for the place, but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    D@mn is the place that bad ? So in other words it won't be worth going too ?
    it's worth the trip. you will see a good race.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

The facility is rough, but the racing can be exciting. Very tight, fender rubbing action.

Both times I have been there, I seen a lot of bent up race cars, and it took rubber. Heats were not bad though.

Does anyone have a list of possible entries for Saturday's Butterball Memorial?

Lots of guys running southern nationals and buckeye dirt week that would normally show up for this type of regional race. It's going to be weird to see who shows for this one.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
    I will try to answer all of your questions in the order presented: No, None, No, No, No.
    TOTALLY agree. I've been 3 times in 30 years, and I only live about 75 miles from the track. I go once about every 10 years and each time I say I'll never go back. Then I think maybe it's changed, and I cave in and go back. The last time I went, which was last year for the Butterball (so after the "new" track surface was put down a couple years ago), I got up and left before the feature, which is the first and only time I've ever done that in my 40+ years of dirt late model racing. All three times I've been pi$$ed at myself for even going.

I'm usually not one to post negative things about anything, driver, facilities, etc... but anyone that thinks Richmond is a "good/decent little track" has surely never been to another dirt track anywhere. I'm aware that not everyone will agree with that (Tyler Carpenter), but this is my first-hand, personal experience and that is my opinion.

I guess to be fair, the guy that has the BBQ stand there probably has the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever eaten in my life.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm only about 30 miles away, but it's not worth the drive for just a "chance" of a good race. I've been twice in the past 10 years.

D@mn I'm going to be driving little over 400 miles and now y'all got me to thinking I should reconsider making the trip

they have (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good nachos.

I have seen some really good races at Richmond over the years. After they brought the new dirt in a few years ago, not so much. The track will rubber up quick, and be a one groove train! You have to qualify good.

Gotta love 4m. I didn't ask about the track or an opinion. Simply asked what drivers were going.

Justin Ratliff
    Jason Jameson
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Somebody that's been to Richmond before give a first timer some info on the place. Do they have lawn chair area ? Best place to sit ? Can I bring in small cooler ? Good concessions ? Track easy to find ? Any info be helpful
    Better have some sealed goggles. You set right against the track and the car wind will grit blast you most of the time. Been there, experienced, " The Action Track".

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Murray Photos View Post
    Gotta love 4m. I didn't ask about the track or an opinion. Simply asked what drivers were going.
    You gotta start asking the real questions. Oops your main mission is photos!

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    they have (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good nachos.
    Well, alll riiighteeee thennnn!!!!!