Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Florence speedway single groove racetrack is getting boring!

track prep sucks and racing is turning into a follow the leader parade. Something needs to be done. North south is coming up and if things don't change, I won't be coming. Boring racing when there's only one line and no passing! Get your act together Florence or you'll be losing more fans than just me....

Dry n Slick .... I wish I knew more about running a dirt track so I could give you an intelligent reply ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Top dominant again?

Racetrack is around 40' wide, but the track prep guys are only capable of making the top 4' raceable. It was fun to watch once, but over it now!

Probably closer to 75' wide. Should be a easy fix. Splash some water around the bottom.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Shaff30 View Post
    track prep sucks and racing is turning into a follow the leader parade. Something needs to be done. North south is coming up and if things don't change, I won't be coming. Boring racing when there's only one line and no passing! Get your act together Florence or you'll be losing more fans than just me....
    Then you,and the others that feel that way should stay at home,and let the other fans that want to attend get the seats that will be available,in a already sold out event.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Things get pretty exciting there around lap 89 !

I was surprised to see more crate's than late models ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Been there only once this season. Tired of the dryslick track. The last two years have been downhill on track prep.

When Florence is slicked over top to bottom, it's one of the premier surfaces in all of racing. The only time I've seen it bad is when it was wet. Some tracks are better dryslick. Florence is one of them.

Well that's disappointing, after years of hearing how great Florence is and how the north/south is a "bucket list" event. Last couple years...track prep sucks, camping sucks, racing sucks...etc.

So which one is it? Should we all get their at least once in our lives or should we punt and go elsewhere??

Well then go, and judge for yourself. Maybe it will turn out okay, lot of fans to think about that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Well that's disappointing, after years of hearing how great Florence is and how the north/south is a "bucket list" event. Last couple years...track prep sucks, camping sucks, racing sucks...etc.

So which one is it? Should we all get their at least once in our lives or should we punt and go elsewhere??
    There's two types of people on 4m you should ignore. People who create an account just to trash someone or something. And people who've been on 4m for 20 years trashing the same subject. Don't take anything they say seriously. Florence and the North/South are definitely bucket list worthy, as is the Hall Of Fame.

I have heard of some teams talk and can't afford to keep beating there cars and engines up having to run the cushion on a weekly basis and my guess would be thats why car count is declining. I understand that as I'm sure it's very expensive even to run weekly and make it thru the night with no damages. I also hate to see the car counts decline.Florence Speedway has always been better racing when dry slick track bottom to top

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    There's two types of people on 4m you should ignore. People who create an account just to trash someone or something. And people who've been on 4m for 20 years trashing the same subject. Don't take anything they say seriously. Florence and the North/South are definitely bucket list worthy, as is the Hall Of Fame.
    I try to ignore your posts but you will get called out when YOU are guilty of doing just that. You are always putting down tracks, drivers, and cars at many race tracks but ALWAYS praising anything and everything at Florence Speedway only. Your insane bias is just too laughable.

So just who needs to be taken seriously and who does not? Now go wash that brown nose.

Your third post on here contradicts your thread title and first post. Why the total turn around. Did you not mean it when you said:

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I try to ignore your posts but you will get called out when YOU are guilty of doing just that. You are always putting down tracks, drivers, and cars at many race tracks but ALWAYS praising anything and everything at Florence Speedway only. Your insane bias is just too laughable.

So just who needs to be taken seriously and who does not? Now go wash that brown nose.
    You could count on one hand the number of tracks I've ever said anything negative about in my 20 years on 4m. I talk positive about Florence because it's one of the top venues in the sport. Most people realize that.

I rest my case. hahahahahaaaaa

Clayton, my first post was about prepping the top of the track. My next post was about the track being better dry and slick. Evidently hooked on phonics didn't work for you!

Clayton, my first post was about prepping the top of the track. My next post was about the track being better dry and slick. Evidently hooked on phonics didn't work for you!
    What does phonics have to do with this topic. You want it dryslick on the top too? Must be a car owner or driver. hahahahaa
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-16-2017 at 08:48 PM.