Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

As a self proclaimed " NASCAR and Dirt Motors racing expert" sitting in your parents basement in your underwear sucking the data from their Wifi, I would think that you, being an "Expert" would prefer some good side by side racing action rather than all of the features rim riding around the top in single file. But I also am assuming your idea of rim riding and Playing in the mud may be something else entirely, probably suited to a different type of web site than a dirt racing forum. Thanks for gracing this page with your witty comebacks and "expertise" on the subject!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaff30 View Post
    As a self proclaimed " NASCAR and Dirt Motors racing expert" sitting in your parents basement in your underwear sucking the data from their Wifi, I would think that you, being an "Expert" would prefer some good side by side racing action rather than all of the features rim riding around the top in single file. But I also am assuming your idea of rim riding and Playing in the mud may be something else entirely, probably suited to a different type of web site than a dirt racing forum. Thanks for gracing this page with your witty comebacks and "expertise" on the subject!
    I've seen too much of that side by side racing on that dryslick. Seems it's only on the restarts though. hahahaha

Been there and done that since 1978. Back when they used a disk and had real racing. Basement indeed, you pretend too much.

Want to see my "CERTIFIED" degree????
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-17-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Default Dry n Slick

I love how it can rain all week and yet florence can race .... I can only assume this is because they leave the track hard n packed .... Now saying that I also have seen the last several yrs some great racing at the North n South all through the heat races ..... But.....than they water and prep the track for an hour before the feature .... Im not an expert and dont claim to be ....But all the cars that I watched run good on the bottom have to move up to the top .... The only car I saw run the middle was bloomer .... As a fan in the stands I dont like the one hour track prep ... Now if im wrong please correct me ( im ok with that ) .... IMO the king family have run this track for years and must know what their doing .... I cant figure out why they would water the track and change the surface when the racing has been 3 wide all night .... I just cant get a grip on why they do it ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Same thing last night! Good racing in all the heats then they decide to water down the track before the feature. And wouldn't you know it, little passing and a lot of rim riding. Atleast that Landrum kid pulled a nice slide job to advance a position, but that was the only highlight of last nights LM feature!

that disk must have found it`s way to the scrap yard or buried in deep chit over the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaff30 View Post
    it's too hard on equipment for the weekly budget racers and easier to run the cushion for the bigger budget teams. I can type slower next time for you if you like.
    I wouldn't venture into Illinois for any dirt racing. You;ll find it's just the opposite.

On a side note, I did see EPJ up on the cushion for a short while Saturday night. Larry Moring must have told him, if you want to drive my car, get up there on the cushion with the real racers. I checked his pit stall afterwards just to make sure it was Earl behind the wheel. Nice job big guy. You can do it
    8/13/16

i wish they would pay more attention to the bottom of the track. the guys running the outside groove are fun to watch but many of us cant afford to trash our cars every week scraping that wall. its usually too wet to run on the bottom or no water at all. otherwise florence has a great racetrack as long as there are teams that can afford the wear and tear. this is a personal request though as im one of the guys that dont like tearing my car up for $100 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Y'all ever seen a track in PA named Challenger? Such shame only was there once and it's gone! Track was bad ass.
    Yes it was. Till a couple morons ruined it. And Jack and Donna Lentz shut the doors. Sweet location too.

Was there for a NEWS race in about 1996? maybe. $5k to win, Francis, Charlie Swartz, and I think Chub Frank. Awesome racing, great place. I assume it still stands, just rotting away. Jack used to go out there on a big old smooth drummed roller and roll the track.

Great people, who just had some people that ruined it for them. Others are closer to that area that know more, but I think a track worker was almost killed by a stock driver who lost his sh!t.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

They water the track and have the Intermission for one reason, we call it the Hot Dog 100 !!

get them folks up out of there seats and go down and buy up them hot dogs!!

Krom.

Just say no...