Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I can say last year was great at the North/South. It was my first time ever at Florence and I'm going back again this year for the North/South. Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Well that's disappointing, after years of hearing how great Florence is and how the north/south is a "bucket list" event. Last couple years...track prep sucks, camping sucks, racing sucks...etc.

So which one is it? Should we all get their at least once in our lives or should we punt and go elsewhere??
    They will get it right for the N/S, they have the last few years. The last stinker N/S I remember was 2011 when Owens won train race. Everyone was all worried about there being too many laps put on the track with the double heat format, I think it's been perfect.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 07-16-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Last year's N/S was one of the all-time great track prep performances. 3-wide racing for 3 straight nights doesn't happen too often. Anybody with common sense (which isn't too many people on 4m) knows that no tracks put as much effort into track prep for regular shows as big shows. The passing point heats force them to prep the hell out of the track. The N/S will be fine. Hopefully it rains again Saturday afternoon again like it did last year.

Yes, the Florence track will be fine for the N/S weekend. If bloomy starts up front he usually dominates the race than gets beat later in the event. Not the track's fault. Racing around the track is usually pretty good. Yes I am bias for Florence, but it is the best track I have been to with Eldora being a close second

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Yes, the Florence track will be fine for the N/S weekend. If bloomy starts up front he usually dominates the race than gets beat later in the event. Not the track's fault. Racing around the track is usually pretty good. Yes I am bias for Florence, but it is the best track I have been to with Eldora being a close second
    Have you been to Fairbury? I'd rank Fairbury 1 and Florence 2. Both are different tracks, though. One is a 1/4 mile bullring and the other is 1/2 mile.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Shaff30 View Post
    track prep sucks and racing is turning into a follow the leader parade. Something needs to be done. North south is coming up and if things don't change, I won't be coming. Boring racing when there's only one line and no passing! Get your act together Florence or you'll be losing more fans than just me....
    I'm guessing your guy didn't win so you blame it on track prep...
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I be happy to take your tix if you're tired of the place

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Have you been to Fairbury? I'd rank Fairbury 1 and Florence 2. Both are different tracks, though. One is a 1/4 mile bullring and the other is 1/2 mile.
    I have only seen Fairbury on DOD. Looked like good racing.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    There is a whole lot better racing out there than Florence Speedway. It can be great, but it is far from certain. FALS is on another level entirely.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There is a whole lot better racing out there than Florence Speedway. It can be great, but it is far from certain. FALS is on another level entirely.
    No doubt Fairbury is the best. However, I really was impressed with my North South trip to Florence last year. So, I'm basing it off one experience. Hoping for the same this year when I go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    I'm guessing your guy didn't win so you blame it on track prep...
    Or maybe they are short on car and are tired of being blown away by high runners!!! hahahahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Probably closer to 75' wide. Should be a easy fix. Splash some water around the bottom.
    Waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaff30 View Post
    Clayton, my first post was about prepping the top of the track. My next post was about the track being better dry and slick. Evidently hooked on phonics didn't work for you!

It never will. He rode the short bus!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

There went that noise again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    There went that noise again!!
    Needs a suppository in both ends 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Needs a suppository in both ends 
    Just got my laugh of the day!!! hahahahaahaaaaa

Y'all ever seen a track in PA named Challenger? Such shame only was there once and it's gone! Track was bad ass.

Track was pretty decent with side by side racing in heats and then they screwed the track up before the features when they worked on it. Just would like to see a good race when spending my hard earned money to get in. And no "Waterhead" if you could understand things a little easier it's too hard on equipment for the weekly budget racers and easier to run the cushion for the bigger budget teams. I can type slower next time for you if you like.

So you like to pretend race. I see!!! Just wipe off the dust you're ready again!

But do type slower next time. Like one word per day!! hahahaaa
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-17-2017 at 07:55 PM.

As a self proclaimed " NASCAR and Dirt Motors racing expert" sitting in your parents basement in your underwear sucking the data from their Wifi, I would think that you, being an "Expert" would prefer some good side by side racing action rather than all of the features rim riding around the top in single file. But I also am assuming your idea of rim riding and Playing in the mud may be something else entirely, probably suited to a different type of web site than a dirt racing forum. Thanks for gracing this page with your witty comebacks and "expertise" on the subject!😂