Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Davenport becoming a part-time driver under BWRC

Something is way off, no doubt. He has cancelled numerous races on his schedule. Money running dry with BW? JD lists Fairbury as his favorite track and he cancels? Then he cancels the race he is the defending champ at (Silver Dollar Nationals). Davenport is kind of just another guy these days. Large fan base...however, how can the fans continue to support a driver who is starting to cancel big money shows on a regular basis? Only 8 venues in 3 months (June, July, August). This is assuming he doesn't cancel the North/South and Batesville in August.

As a fan, one must accept the good with the bad. The highs and the lows. If one quits being a fan because of disappointing results, then one is really not much of a fan to begin with.
    8/13/16

^^^^^True statement. Hard to blame the driver if the car owner is the one behind the cancellations as well. I'm thinking he would love to race as much as possible but the higher powers are saying no.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 07-18-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Definitely surprised he wasn't at Tri County. It's his home track.It was only $3500.00 to win and I'm sure having the trouble at Wythe was a factor.

I doubt Barry runs dry of money! He might not spend it,but he ain't ran out of it.

I'd look for him to start driving for Donald Bradsher if the BWRC stuff doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I'd look for him to start driving for Donald Bradsher if the BWRC stuff doesn't work out.
    You mean, if the BWRC stuff keeps not working out?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Something is way off, no doubt. He has cancelled numerous races on his schedule. Money running dry with BW? JD lists Fairbury as his favorite track and he cancels? Then he cancels the race he is the defending champ at (Silver Dollar Nationals). Davenport is kind of just another guy these days. Large fan base...however, how can the fans continue to support a driver who is starting to cancel big money shows on a regular basis? Only 8 venues in 3 months (June, July, August). This is assuming he doesn't cancel the North/South and Batesville in August.
    Will you kindly change you screen name? You are like the opposite of a PR man. Your words have consequences, they effect things. Lets say JD is looking for more sponsorship, but they read your posts about him being washed up and a mid-pack no-show, do you think its helping him? Try being an "ACTUAL" fan and support him or move on. Bunch of spoiled millennial, keyboard jockeys is all that's on 4m anymore.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Will you kindly change you screen name? You are like the opposite of a PR man. Your words have consequences, they effect things. Lets say JD is looking for more sponsorship, but they read your posts about him being washed up and a mid-pack no-show, do you think its helping him? Try being an "ACTUAL" fan and support him or move on. Bunch of spoiled millennial, keyboard jockeys is all that's on 4m anymore.
    Are you saying no one including potential sponsors should know that super pooper is canceling races?

Not having another single southern nationals race on his schedule is what's concerning.

Having worked year in PR I can guarantee you that potential sponsors will spend a lot more time looking at actual performance or lack thereof than they would at a fan message board.

I like JD. I was actually blown away earlier in the year when I got on to check out the new website and they had every bit of merchandise from dog collars to shot glasses ready to go.......maybe some of that will be on clearance @ Charlotte.

My question is how can you root for a guy who doesn't race?? I'm going to the PDC...so, I should wear a JD shirt? No, I'm goimg to support someone who shows up. This wasnt a "mechanical" decision. He has over 2 full weeks to prepare the car for his "favorite race track"

I heard he is going to drive McCreadie's backup Longhorn....

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I heard he is going to drive McCreadie's backup Longhorn....
    How sure are you on this statement?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    How sure are you on this statement?
    Somewhere between 0% and 1%. LOL......it does sound like a feasible plan though right??

I look for this too!

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Somewhere between 0% and 1%. LOL......it does sound like a feasible plan though right??
    Tmac has offered him to drive a backup before

I think he would do good in ducks equiptment. I dnt see jd going a month w/o racing

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    I know you're on like your third screen name, but what has consequences is running like sh!t. They've run like crap and broke, or been running not too bad and broke. That matters way more than guy stating what is on his website, which is public, and anyone can see. Sponsors are the least of his worries. Finding speed, and dependability are what he needs. I like JD, so make of it what you will.

Love how everything has to go back to millennials, which I'm not. The stereotypes just don't cut it, every generation has people we perceive in a negative way. Age has nothing to do with it. Go around a group of people, ignorance and selfishness is not age discriminatory.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.