Default Kid Rocket takes command of Lucas Oil Late Model Point Standings

Kid Rocket takes command of Lucas Oil Late Model Point Standings

Josh Richards has been hot during the month of July posting four wins, two seconds, two fourths and a fifth in Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series competition. That hotstreak has allowed Richards to go from being in third place in points 225 behind Scott Bloomquist following “The Clash at the Mag” in Mid-June to taking a 190 point lead lead coming into the Silver Dollar Nationals.

Richards opened July with a pair of wins in Ohio, then had four top fives sandwiched in between the Ohio wins and a pair at Granite City and Wheatland last weekend. Last night at Brown County Speedway in South Dakota he ran second to Bloomquist. Coming into the Silver Dollar Nationals Richards has 5,635 points followed by Bloomquist at 5,445 and Tim McCreadie at 5,385.

I-80 Speedway is located one block north of Interstate 80 Exit 420, halfway between Omaha and Lincoln. The Physical Address is 13909 - 238th Street, Greenwood, NE. For more information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Just think how big the lead would be if he was in the Rocket house car.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelfan View Post
    Just think how big the lead would be if he was in the Rocket house car.
    He is in a rocket house car........they have more than one.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    He is in a rocket house car........they have more than one.
    That was my first thought

Not sure how "commanding" of lead that is. That could turn around almost in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by barbecueboy View Post
    he is in a rocket house car........they have more than one.
    i think he meant if they had house car horsepower from the beginning !

Not that this is a valuable comment, but if I had to choose Richards or Sheppard in a 2-car race, in equal equipment, to save my house, I'd have to go Sheppard. He is gritty, hungry. I like that. Josh is a darn good wheelman too, but in a bar fight, I know who I'd rather have.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post

Not sure how "commanding" of lead that is. That could turn around almost in one night.
    A worse case scenario for Josh would be a last place or show up points totalling 75. A bloomquist win would be 200 points and a fast time bonus would make it 210. He won't make it up in 2 or 3 nights (only because Josh is so consistent), but it's easily within reach. Heck, T Mac's not out of it if he were to get on a roll. He's close. If Tim was to find a little something, he could go on a streak as well and be right in the hunt. This Lucas thing is way far from over yet.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Not that this is a valuable comment, but if I had to choose Richards or Sheppard in a 2-car race, in equal equipment, to save my house, I'd have to go Sheppard. He is gritty, hungry. I like that. Josh is a darn good wheelman too, but in a bar fight, I know who I'd rather have.
    Brandon Shepard just finished 2nd at the Dream in June. I do not think Josh Richards has EVER finished 2nd at either the Dream or the World 100. I got to go with your thinking on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Brandon Shepard just finished 2nd at the Dream in June. I do not think Josh Richards has EVER finished 2nd at either the Dream or the World 100. I got to go with your thinking on this one...
    I don't think he even has a top 10 let alone top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post

Two night to be specific. That is why they race the races, instead of taking our word for it.