Default Straps on car while towing

Best way to transport car? straps on frame pulling down tight on tow shocks or over tire letting car be free also with tow shocks? What I am wondering is pulling down tight on the chassis is it holding the chassis under stress and hurting the chassis in any way? Which way is the better option?

Always tied our chassis down with the straps. That keeps the car from bouncing. Also use our air jack under the back bumper and just put a little tension on it to keep the car from moving.

Putting 100 miles on my shocks just getting too the track seems like a bad idea.
    I prefer tying it down on all four corners.

If you've got the chassis pulled down, any bouncing that the car does in the trailer is going to be pretty low speed and not much worse then putting around the track in wheel packing.

we change the shocks to some old blue afcos and old springs just for towing it back and forth. i was wondering if pulling the chassis down and loading up all the springs was putting the chassis under stress or tweaking it going down the road.

Never tried it, but what about cutting v-notches in some big wood blocks and putting them under the frame? Tighten it down solid and no suspension movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Basecircle View Post
    Never tried it, but what about cutting v-notches in some big wood blocks and putting them under the frame? Tighten it down solid and no suspension movement.
    I'd be worried about it becoming a fulcrum for weight "bouncing" on either side of it.