Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Bobby

6th place dumb a$$ haters

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Gay Michael Waltrip is much worse.
    Pure class
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Track was finally coming to him he needed a long run...counting caution laps is bogus in a 150 lapper on a half mile...

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    6th place isn't a win. Why the language for?

6th place finish is not a bad finish for how the night started. It wouldn't have mattered if he had won the haters would be on here complaining about something.

Love him or hate him, as a late model fan I think it's great to see one of our own run so well in something he hasn't got much experience in. The kid came from the back, like he always does, to challenge for a top 5.

He izzzzzzzzz BOBBY FN PIERCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Love him or hate him, as a late model fan I think it's great to see one of our own run so well in something he hasn't got much experience in. The kid came from the back, like he always does, to challenge for a top 5.

He izzzzzzzzz BOBBY FN PIERCE!
    And if you don't like it eat ---- lol

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    6th place finish is not a bad finish for how the night started. It wouldn't have mattered if he had won the haters would be on here complaining about something.
    One of the big pierce haters isnt been posting in a while. Since data base error started.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Pierce showed up yesterday to a truck that was no where near done so they lost out on a lot of the practice time that the rest of the teams enjoyed. He also lost rear brakes at the beginning of A-Main and was able to run in the top 6 with front brakes only. I would say he did pretty good considering all that happened and the 5 teams that beat him are full time teams with good equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    No question as for why there are haters.

I say Bobby finished pretty good from being a lap down! Just had alittle to much bad luck!

The haters on here are pretty pathetic. Quite a life some must have. Watching a race and hustling to a message board to bash a driver as the race is taking place. So eager to speak your worthless dribble, you can't even wait till the race is over.
    Early in the race, the Kid went a lap down when a truck spun in front of him leaving him no where to go and he came to a stop. Being a lap down, he then raced back to a 6th place finish. Their were guys like Christopher Bell, Rico Abreu, JJ Yelley, Johnny Sauter, Chris Windom, and Schrader, who all finished well behind Pierce. I'd say Pierce had a decent night considering he was out of his element and racing against some of the top in their business.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The haters on here are pretty pathetic. Quite a life some must have. Watching a race and hustling to a message board to bash a driver as the race is taking place. So eager to speak your worthless dribble, you can't even wait till the race is over.
    Early in the race, the Kid went a lap down when a truck spun in front of him leaving him no where to go and he came to a stop. Being a lap down, he then raced back to a 6th place finish. Their were guys like Christopher Bell, Rico Abreu, JJ Yelley, Johnny Sauter, Chris Windom, and Schrader, who all finished well behind Pierce. I'd say Pierce had a decent night considering he was out of his element and racing against some of the top in their business.
    Good post Highside

Unhappy Something smells wrong

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for somebody to look worse than Bloomquist did, but I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    I stand corrected. Bobby finished 1 spot higher than Scott because 1 truck pulled in. Either way both looked terrible.
    More like No_Weak_Stinks. You're babbling out of your @zz and nobody can breathe. Bloomquist was pathetic in a truck. Pierce finished 6th and probably passed more trucks last night than anyone else considering he went to the tail and raced back to the front. If you are going to comment again on this thread, please hang up a air freshener or a Glade stickup out of respect for your fellow 4m members.
    8/13/16

If your reading comprehension was a little better you'd see I said Bloomquist was terrible in the truck. You'd also see I was talking about the heat race where Pierce looked as bad as Bloomquist did. I never said anything about the main. He did a lot better in the main. I'm not a Pierce hater. I wanted to see him do good and represent the LM guys, and I'm glad he got it together for the main.

I was shocked at how bad he was in the heat, but he did get going nicely there at the end of the race. Too many cautions. I agree with an earlier poster, I'd rather see them run 100 green laps and not count cautions. No need to have "Stages" for that race, just one more excuse to through a caution. They need to enforce the ole two spins and your out of the race rule too.

I thought for the longest time that Ty Dillon was going to crawl up there and win it. He was good and smooth early and then went to lunch.

All in all I enjoyed having something to watch last night. Wish they would do more on dirt. I didn't think the event in its entirety was nearly as good as previous years, but still just fine. Better than asphalt.

Not a Bobby fan, not a Bobby apologist, nor am I a Bobby hater. I'm not keen on a few of his "fan boys" on this site, but they're not looking for my approval. The feeling is mutual.

That said, the kid had a rough night to start, no question, but I think he redeemed himself quite nicely.

Especially, considering the piece of crap truck he was driving. Did any one else see the segment during the heats that showed the steering wheel that was on the #63 truck??

Old beat up, wrapped in electrical tape, pos,...just a small reflection of the ride itself.

All things considered, a hard-earned 6th place finish was a good night in that truck.
    Last edited by Zonks32x; 07-20-2017 at 09:05 AM.

I didn't really make much of the steering wheel thing. I just assumed that is what he was comfortable with. I was never a major racer but I always had goofy tape, padding, etc on my steering wheels, whatever made it more comfortable. Looked stupid but worked fine. The nut behind the wheel was the bigger problem than the wheel in my case. I bought probably 3-4 steering wheels when I started until I found one that I liked. Steering wheel is about like a baseball glove or what have you. First thing I'd do would be to rub in the dirt, rough it up with a bench grinder a bit, take some of the slick off.

I agree with the take on that team. The steering wheel is one thing (I almost thought it was from my car by the look of it), but how on earth were they not ready for practice? Bobby is the one who just finished racing 20 some nights over 30 some days, not that truck team. I think he did a great job, all things considered! I also felt bad for him as he talked about missing most of practice. He came into that race, probably with high expectations of himself, but certainly from others as this race was in his "domain." And he's already won the most prestigious LM race at Eldora, so a lot of eyes were on him.

I couldn't have told you his trucks number before the race (which is to say I know nothing about them), but they didn't strike me as a 6th place team, yet he got them there. Good job kid!

Pierce is probably getting all there is to get out of the ride he has, and maybe a little more. He has nothing to be ashamed of in regards to his NASCAR truck exploits. To bounce back to a top 10 finish last night is admirable, for sure.

Last year and 2015 might have been Pierce's best chance at winning but both years' he got beat by better drivers. In 2015 Pierce and Bell swapped the lead a couple of times but in the end Bell proved a bit too much. In 2016 Larson went a lap down and methodically worked his way back to the front and drove around Pierce on his way to the victory in the process.

Hopefully Pierce can once again get himself in position to win this race sometime in the future and I hope he does.