Thumbs down Truck Race at Eldora

Pretty disappointed in the race. Stages at a dirt track? I think the race pretty much S U C K E D!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Pretty disappointed in the race. Stages at a dirt track? I think the race pretty much S U C K E D!
    Wonder how many green flag laps they actually got in??

Truck are for hauling race cars. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post

Truck are for hauling race cars. lol
    And trucks run on asphalt better then they do on eldora dirtphalt.

I think the stage racing had to do with not having enough spaces to pit. They were pitting in two groups and you restarted where you finished the stage at.

I enjoyed watching some of those guys race toward the front ,and Pierce was dramatic going back and forth in the pack. I thought it was going to be his year. I will agree that the overall excitement level was lame...and I'm even a long time Crafton fan. Not one of his bandwagon fans that came after championships.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I think the stage racing had to do with not having enough spaces to pit. They were pitting in two groups and you restarted where you finished the stage at.
    They race in stages like cup cars
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

They have been using stages all 5 years

I'm saying that's why they still had stage racing and didn't do away with it just for Eldora.

The trucks are way to slow at eldora that is the biggest problem they have the same problem with that deal at St. Louis.

The relationship of speed to overall racing entertainment isn't really a valid one. Incredibly fast racing can be, and sometimes is, incredibly boring. It can't be denied that the trucks at Eldora are in fact slow compared to the dirt late models. On the same token the dirt late models are slow compared to the WoO sprint cars. I've been to the Kings Royal a couple of times and that comparison has been a topic of conversation with some saying how slow and awkward the dirt late models are compared to the winged sprint cars at Eldora.

It's really all relative. We've seen some great racing from the trucks, as we have from the late models and sprinters. If someone can allow themselves to enjoy the truck racing on dirt without any preconceived notions it actually is rather exciting.

Just try hanging an additional 1000 lbs. and take away 4 inches of width per tire from a late model and see how fast it is at Eldora. The same can be said when comparing late models to winged sprints.

Hang a truck body on a modified and put Goodyears on it. Better racing and in their world, cheap.

Not doubting what you're saying but what do you do about the 1,100 lb. weight difference?

The NASCAR truck suspensions aren't designed and built within the actual NASCAR truck rules for racing on dirt. One of the tracks in MI has been running trucks for close to 20 years. Started out as leaf springs and coil overs. Then some went to 3 links and now most are on 4 links. I'm not sure what's going on there now. I haven't been in 2-3 years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VZAmpHVkrvA

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The relationship of speed to overall racing entertainment isn't really a valid one. Incredibly fast racing can be, and sometimes is, incredibly boring. It can't be denied that the trucks at Eldora are in fact slow compared to the dirt late models. On the same token the dirt late models are slow compared to the WoO sprint cars. I've been to the Kings Royal a couple of times and that comparison has been a topic of conversation with some saying how slow and awkward the dirt late models are compared to the winged sprint cars at Eldora.

It's really all relative. We've seen some great racing from the trucks, as we have from the late models and sprinters. If someone can allow themselves to enjoy the truck racing on dirt without any preconceived notions it actually is rather exciting.

Just try hanging an additional 1000 lbs. and take away 4 inches of width per tire from a late model and see how fast it is at Eldora. The same can be said when comparing late models to winged sprints.
    Late models are like 2-21/2 seconds off of winged sprint cars. NASCRAP trucks are 2-2 1/2 seconds off of street stocks. There is a huge difference there.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 07-21-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It is pretty sad that even as slow and lethargic as the Nascar trucks are at Eldora......that is still the best Nascar race of the year. That is sad for Nascar.

What I find amazing about all this is that even at the best paved venue the trucks might only draw 5000 to 8000 people and at Eldora on the dirt they drew my guess 15 - 18000 butts in the seats....
    That says a lot for what the fans really want they want big production races on dirt...
    Now may be the time for a track like Rockingham or North Wilkesboro to put some dirt down and come back to life at the same time maybe take the dirt late models to bigger venues. Build a better car! a faster car a heavier car that is a dirt late model not a NASCAR car.
    Hey NASCAR here's mud in your eye!
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Late models are like 2-21/2 seconds off of winged sprint cars. NASCRAP trucks are 2-2 1/2 seconds off of street stocks. There is a huge difference there.
    You're absolutely right, there is a huge difference between the speed of dirt late models and full on winged sprint cars. It's quite noticeable from the grandstands especially at Eldora.
    Last edited by CIRF; 07-21-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Some of the trucks in qualifying were pretty close in lap times at the dream...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    during the Dream late models ran 20 plus second laps during the race. Thats why I don't go to Eldora anymore.On an average night the street cars are faster than that.