Default wiring permanent magnet starter

Powermaster XS Torque permanent magnet starter, normal remote solenoid. Originally had standard style mini starter with main cable coming from solenoid to starter, then jumper wire to switch terminal. Powermaster recommends not using this method due to potential run on with starter. If I am using Quickcar starter bump and ignition switch, with the 50-200 wiring harness (Middle red wire to battery post on solenoid, outside red to starter post on solenoid) is this still an issue? If so, which terminal from the solenoid should be used for the switch terminal on starter, the "S" or "I" terminal?

Quote Originally Posted by dfhotlm33c View Post
    Powermaster XS Torque permanent magnet starter, normal remote solenoid. Originally had standard style mini starter with main cable coming from solenoid to starter, then jumper wire to switch terminal. Powermaster recommends not using this method due to potential run on with starter. If I am using Quickcar starter bump and ignition switch, with the 50-200 wiring harness (Middle red wire to battery post on solenoid, outside red to starter post on solenoid) is this still an issue? If so, which terminal from the solenoid should be used for the switch terminal on starter, the "S" or "I" terminal?
    Not sure I follow you but:

The S terminal is the one you need to go hot to make power go thru the soleniod, the I terminal goes hot when the soleniod is activated (spinning engine) and used to go to the coil to put a full 12 volts to the coil when cranking instead of the resisted 9V. Basically you don't need or use the I terminal anymore unless you need something to be hot only when cranking

Hopefully that answers your question