Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloomer Tire Accident

Tire exploded after they left it airing up and forgot about it
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have to admit bloomer does make me smile ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I have to admit bloomer does make me smile ....
    Not quite sure I'd smile about that. They are extremely lucky none of them, another team, track personnel, or a spectator, were not injured or killed. Stupid mistake where you get in a hurry, and it coulda injured or killed someone right now.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Looks like they soaked that one a little too long.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Looks like they soaked that one a little too long.
    No dumba$$, they were airing it up, got sidetracked, and left it airing up till it exploded.

Cannot comprehend how some see the humor in this. It 100% woulda killed or fuked them up bad, if someone would have been a foot or two closer, and if he hadn't been in an end stall.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

My guess is bloomers crew was so high last nite they didnt know about the explosion till they read about it on 4m ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I go with soaking too long!

Why is he still having to use Hudgkins hauler? He supposedly was getting a new one in the offseason. It doesn't take 8 months to get a hauler. I hear Hudgkins was supposed to get an updated car in exchange for loaning the hauler and has yet to see it. I believe I'd be taking my hauler back.

My guess is bloomers crew was so high last nite they didnt know about the explosion till they read about it on 4m ....

snort snort

I seen a while back Scott brought the flake back on board. As good as Scott is, imagine if he actually had a top notch crew. Like C&B said, that could have ended up way worse than it did. Thank God nobody got hurt.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Why is he still having to use Hudgkins hauler? He supposedly was getting a new one in the offseason. It doesn't take 8 months to get a hauler. I hear Hudgkins was supposed to get an updated car in exchange for loaning the hauler and has yet to see it. I believe I'd be taking my hauler back.
    Mistakes happen, but I agree, if somebody was borrowing my hauler and blew a hole in the side due to negligence or whatever I'd be wanting my hauler back and I'd expect it fixed when I got it back.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Latest twist in this saga is that Hudkins is supposedly looking to buy the Rocket1 big blue rig which is for sale. Mark seems to get a new one every 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Latest twist in this saga is that Hudkins is supposedly looking to buy the Rocket1 big blue rig which is for sale. Mark seems to get a new one every 3-4 years.
    If that's true, I can't blame Hudkins, if I was going to buy a used hauler, the Rocket rig would be the one I'd want to buy. Mark spares no expense when he gets them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I can never see those images when the little box is in the LF corner... when it's in the middle I can see it... guess I don't know the secret handshake!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

That wasn't talcum powder they were cleaning up after the explosion!

Seriously......when you blow the side of the hauler out, someone could have been seriously hurt or killed! The facebook pic I saw was ugly!

Wonder what tune some of you would sing if it happened to someone you like. Amazing, the ignorance on here.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Wonder what tune some of you would sing if it happened to someone you like. Amazing, the ignorance on here.
    Thought the same thing.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

When you go to a bead lock, it is much like a split rim. When I was in fighter squadron VF101, we lost a guy airing up a main gear landing wheel. Rim wasn't torqued or put in a cage for air and took the top of his head off, just above the eye brows.. They get 550 lbs psi on a Carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Wouldn't happen to me, period.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Glad nobody was injured, the pic looked pretty severe. I'm not really sure how you forget about airing up a tire though. It doesn't take that long. They don't need to try to multi-task apparently. But in all seriousness, it is amazing and fortunate that more stuff like this doesn't happen more often than it does.