Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-mac wins i 80

Default T-mac wins i 80

congrats to tmac and team longhorn!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Looks like about $54,000 to me. Which is the largest pay day of his career.

I would say that was a win he needed. Not just because it was a LOLMS event but for his LM career in general. They definitely had the right stuff tonight.

He won a big race a few yrs back that was like 50k. Im thinking duck river but i might b wrong.

He will be looking for $50,000 more at Cedar Lake in 2 weeks.

Amazing car to come from 15th that quick to the lead and the car/tires never faded

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Amazing car to come from 15th that quick to the lead and the car/tires never faded
    No joke i thought his tires wouldnt hold up. I bet hes tickled to death right now!

He won at Cedar Lake a few years ago I believe. Maybe like 2013. That would have been $50k

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    He won at Cedar Lake a few years ago I believe. Maybe like 2013. That would have been $50k

Ok ik he won a big race just wasnt sure of track. Thanks for correcting

He was leading in 21 laps. Bshepp came from 32nd, Bronson came from 17th, Bloomquist was caught up in the Junghans roll over while running around 11th I think, pitted twice during the race. Babb came from the back after an early flat.

There were 5 cautions I believe for cars either stopping or slowing on the track.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 07-22-2017 at 11:40 PM.

This event proves how much qualifying sucks. Show up to the track and draw for a starting spot, make the fast guys pass some cars like you see at this race every year.

Congrats TMac!

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    This event proves how much qualifying sucks. Show up to the track and draw for a starting spot, make the fast guys pass some cars like you see at this race every year.
    You are 100% correct. Passing point systems produce a lot more "racing" than the freight-train format, and it is not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    You are 100% correct. Passing point systems produce a lot more "racing" than the freight-train format, and it is not even close.
    You both are missing the key component of the passing points system, the track has to be capable of producing actual conditions you can pass in. And I-80 is one of them tracks, but there aren't very many as good as I-80.

I agree, in the right conditions, it's good. But I'll never be fully on board with the lottery style pick a number format. I don't spend thousands on a car, countless man hours, and have a fast hot rod, to start eighth, while some guy whose a second plus off the pace starts on the pole or close to it because of a good lottery pick.

Local shows, pill drawing is fine, larger events, seen the consequences of a slow guy up front, and the fast guys behind him . Ends is torn up sh!t.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Just watched the video .....Great racing all over the track ....Top to bottom ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Congrats tmac now on to Fairbury with a pocket full of money.

5 straight weekends of Crown Jewels (I-80, Fairbury, Cedar Lake, Florence and Batesville)

Great time of year to be running well

How do you see the deal with brian shirley n Oneal .....Seems like it was early in the race to be that agressive ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Love this race every year. Tmac was in another class. If there is one thing I don't agree on its how the big names purposely bring out the yellow to make a tire or set-up change. I say if you intentionally bring a yellow out, your night is done. Sucks for the fans. Tmac was getting ready to put Bloomer a lap down when the first one happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    How do you see the deal with brian shirley n Oneal .....Seems like it was early in the race to be that agressive ....
    Looked like Brian got loose off the corner and had to decide between the wall or the Deal. Probably made the right choice. Just hard racing.
    8/13/16