Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-mac wins i 80

Quote Originally Posted by Bforwarned View Post
    Love this race every year. Tmac was in another class. If there is one thing I don't agree on its how the big names purposely bring out the yellow to make a tire or set-up change. I say if you intentionally bring a yellow out, your night is done. Sucks for the fans. Tmac was getting ready to put Bloomer a lap down when the first one happened.
    Make em go one lap down, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Make em go one lap down, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.
    100% agree, O'Neal and Richards both stopped on purpose to change tires.

It would be such a simple rule, if you bring out a yellow to change a tire without having a flat then you lose 1 lap

awesome job by TMAC & crew

Quote Originally Posted by Bforwarned View Post
    If there is one thing I don't agree on its how the big names purposely bring out the yellow to make a tire or set-up change. I say if you intentionally bring a yellow out, your night is done. Sucks for the fans. Tmac was getting ready to put Bloomer a lap down when the first one happened.

It's absolutely ridiculous and seems to get worse every big race. I think they should automatically be put a lap down if not parked.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    100% agree, O'Neal and Richards both stopped on purpose to change tires.It would be such a simple rule, if you bring out a yellow to change a tire without having a flat then you lose 1 lap
    The not so simple part is who determines if the tire is flat. Flats are so common that I can see why it is not good for the racing to put guys a lap down.

100% agree, O'Neal and Richards both stopped on purpose to change tires.It would be such a simple rule, if you bring out a yellow to change a tire without having a flat then you lose 1 lap
    Richards stopped for a helmet change. No issues if he give up his spot for safety. They put a new tire on while he was in. The deal with O'Neal isn't the first time he has done it a couple times this year. Bloomquist does it more than anyone that's why Lucas won't fix the problem. It's really simple Lucas has officials in the hot pit... if the tire isn't flat on the car that caused the caution then that car goes 1 lap down. Anyone else that pits because of the caution should be able to change tires.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Richards stopped for a helmet change. No issues if he give up his spot for safety. They put a new tire on while he was in. The deal with O'Neal isn't the first time he has done it a couple times this year. Bloomquist does it more than anyone that's why Lucas won't fix the problem. It's really simple Lucas has officials in the hot pit... if the tire isn't flat on the car that caused the caution then that car goes 1 lap down. Anyone else that pits because of the caution should be able to change tires.
    The rule is...if the tire isn't flat, you don't get the courtesy laps to change it. Seems fair to me.

We should really think this over before putting them a lap down. there are other ways to bring out a caution flag. I think most of us would rather see it the way it is, instead of crashing someone on purpose, or having a teem mate crash them.

It is always fun to see if they can work their way back to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    You both are missing the key component of the passing points system, the track has to be capable of producing actual conditions you can pass in. And I-80 is one of them tracks, but there aren't very many as good as I-80.

I agree, in the right conditions, it's good. But I'll never be fully on board with the lottery style pick a number format. I don't spend thousands on a car, countless man hours, and have a fast hot rod, to start eighth, while some guy whose a second plus off the pace starts on the pole or close to it because of a good lottery pick.

Local shows, pill drawing is fine, larger events, seen the consequences of a slow guy up front, and the fast guys behind him . Ends is torn up sh!t.
    The bigger point is, if a track can't produce a good race it must be in the wrong business. Fix the track. One thing that is over looked, is where on the track, these TT laps are run and what it does to the track. They are usually ran on the bottom, exactly where they rubber down later in the evening. If they have to race for that starting spot, they have to run where the guy in front is not. This alone helps that rubber down area. A old trick is run the fast line on the first timed lap and go to the bottom for the second lap and make the rest of the track dirty for the rest, by spewing loose clots on the rest of the track. Watch for this sometime. Don't look for that moving cushion if you follow that guy. You will be running the bottom, where it's cleaned off.

Yes there is a chance of a bad draw, but if you do it with a double inverted heat, your other heat will be a good draw. It really needs at least a 50 lap A main to allow for drivers that got shuffled to the rear to put on a show. I think this format can actually help that stinker track, instead of just letting it go to the closed track bone yard.

What the heck was Shirley thinking on the restart where Junghans rolled over? Wow he almost wrecked half the field!

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    What the heck was Shirley thinking on the restart where Junghans rolled over? Wow he almost wrecked half the field!
    It was odd how he just turned left and jammed up the entire field, nearly took out the top 2 in points (Richards and Bloomquist)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The bigger point is, if a track can't produce a good race it must be in the wrong business. Fix the track. One thing that is over looked, is where on the track, these TT laps are run and what it does to the track. They are usually ran on the bottom, exactly where they rubber down later in the evening. If they have to race for that starting spot, they have to run where the guy in front is not. This alone helps that rubber down area. A old trick is run the fast line on the first timed lap and go to the bottom for the second lap and make the rest of the track dirty for the rest, by spewing loose clots on the rest of the track. Watch for this sometime. Don't look for that moving cushion if you follow that guy. You will be running the bottom, where it's cleaned off.

Yes there is a chance of a bad draw, but if you do it with a double inverted heat, your other heat will be a good draw. It really needs at least a 50 lap A main to allow for drivers that got shuffled to the rear to put on a show. I think this format can actually help that stinker track, instead of just letting it go to the closed track bone yard.
    Can't really disagree with ya, don't think it's a bad idea at all. There are some tracks though, that, well, no kinda format or gimmick will fix.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It was odd how he just turned left and jammed up the entire field, nearly took out the top 2 in points (Richards and Bloomquist)
    He has seriously been driving very "aggressively ", be a nice way to put it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    He has seriously been driving very "aggressively ", be a nice way to put it.
    More like a SQUIRREL....and you know what they say about that.....

...race with the squirrels and you'll get your nuts cracked!

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    He will be looking for $50,000 more at Cedar Lake in 2 weeks.
    Don't hurt to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Don't hurt to look.
    It does if you yourself looks in the mirror!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    How they hangin, lite-out jr!

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    How they hangin, lite-out jr!
    I believe you have got the wrong person
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    You tryin' to be funny???????