Default Another NASCAR Debacle!

Just watched the YouTube highlights of the 2017 Brickyard 400 since we didn't watch on Sunday. First off, the finish was a little shady with NASCAR holding the yellow until Kasey had passed the line on the backstretch that deems the race will finish under yellow.

The green-white-checker gimmick cost litterally millions at the end of the Brickyard. Between ruined and junked equipment and winnings that went away from teams that would have had a good finish but wrecked out because of the 2 or 3 GWC's it cost some teams heavily. GWC should be done away with and the races should end at the advertised distance and save teams hundreds of thousands of dollars and possibly an injured driver. But, we all know that isn't going to happen. NASCAR will never admit that their precious, drunken hillbilly pleasin' gimmick is a certified joke.

Could there have been 50,000 people in the stands? Sure didn't look like it! The Indy 500 draws 300,000 to 350,000 and the Cup cars can't draw even 50,000. Sad, to say the least, but not surprising!! Gimmick racing at it's best! LOL!
    Last edited by CIRF; 07-26-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Tin foil is on sale.

You ruined the NASCAR section with your Sh!t sling and now your back at it once again.

I call upon all decent members to PM the Mods to ban this clown once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You ruined the NASCAR section with your Sh!t sling and now your back at it once again.

I call upon all decent members to PM the Mods to ban this clown once again.
    We all know Nascar sucks right now, but cirf takes it a little too far!

I guess he's mad cuz Larson got wrecked in one of the gwc"s!

Terence, you need to take your pills. The doctors at the clinic tell me you had a breakdown a couple weeks ago, and ran thru the doctors office in underwear and a MAGA hat. Please call your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    We all know Nascar sucks right now, but cirf takes it a little too far!

I guess he's mad cuz Larson got wrecked in one of the gwc"s!
    Hmmm. I didn't realize the truth was too far. Please point out something from the original post that is not factual. I honestly wasn't aware that Larson got crashed out during one of the numerous attempts at GWC.
    What I said about the GWC gimmick should be done away with is my opinion. I've yet to be paid for my opinions concerning NASCAR so it's worth absolutely $0 to anyone but me.

I have never been a fan of the GWC gimmick. It can produce a tremendous amount of damage and costs to race teams at the least, and injured drivers at the worst. It was originally a knee jerk reaction to drunken hillbillies throwing full beer cans at Jeff Gordon's car at Talladega when Gordo beat Earnhardt Jr. before the GWC gimmick was instituted.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Just watched the YouTube highlights of the 2017 Brickyard 400 since we didn't watch on Sunday. First off, the finish was a little shady with NASCAR holding the yellow until Kasey had passed the line on the backstretch that deems the race will finish under yellow. The green-white-checker gimmick cost litterally millions at the end of the Brickyard. Between ruined and junked equipment and winnings that went away from teams that would have had a good finish but wrecked out because of the 2 or 3 GWC's it cost some teams heavily. GWC should be done away with and the races should end at the advertised distance and save teams hundreds of thousands of dollars and possibly an injured driver. But, we all know that isn't going to happen. NASCAR will never admit that their precious, drunken hillbilly pleasin' gimmick is a certified joke. Could there have been 50,000 people in the stands? Sure didn't look like it! The Indy 500 draws 300,000 to 350,000 and the Cup cars can't draw even 50,000. Sad, to say the least, but not surprising!! Gimmick racing at it's best! LOL!
    It was ridiculous for sure ! Even with the camera crews trying to withhold grandstand shots it was easy to tell that attendance suffered greatly. One would think that NASCAR is on the brink of bankruptcy if they don't drop the gimmick game now and revert back to their roots that made the sport so successful the 1st 50 years .

The highlight for me was when Truex wrecked the turtlehead.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    The highlight for me was when Truex wrecked the turtlehead.
    Pretty discusting ! Each team should get some folding chairs and tables and start clobbering each other with them such as they do with the Vince McMahon promotions. At least he knows how to draw the crowds in. It wont be long I imagine before profession bowling, volleyball, and poker will have a bigger TV audience if NASCAR don't give up on the GIMMICK racing !

For once lil' pee wee jr. didn't lose it all by hisself like he did at Daytona in February and a couple of other times this season. I have to admit he was a victim of circumstance and he didn't say anything stupid after the crash as he's often inclined to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hmmm. I didn't realize the truth was too far. Please point out something from the original post that is not factual. I honestly wasn't aware that Larson got crashed out during one of the numerous attempts at GWC.
    What I said about the GWC gimmick should be done away with is my opinion. I've yet to be paid for my opinions concerning NASCAR so it's worth absolutely $0 to anyone but me.

I have never been a fan of the GWC gimmick. It can produce a tremendous amount of damage and costs to race teams at the least, and injured drivers at the worst. It was originally a knee jerk reaction to drunken hillbillies throwing full beer cans at Jeff Gordon's car at Talladega when Gordo beat Earnhardt Jr. before the GWC gimmick was instituted.
    Im a purist and don't like their gimmicks. However, Im in favor of finishing under green. I think they throw the yellow way to quick now and don't let some of the wrecks sort themselves out. I liked the old days of racing back to the yellow, but safety first should prevail!

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Im a purist and don't like their gimmicks. However, Im in favor of finishing under green. I think they throw the yellow way to quick now and don't let some of the wrecks sort themselves out. I liked the old days of racing back to the yellow, but safety first should prevail!
    I agree that in the interest of safety racing back to the yellow is not a good policy. I am more in favor of throwing the red as opposed to going past the advertised distance. I also agree that every effort should be made to finish the race under green flag conditions.

What we saw last Sunday was not a good ending all the way around. Several attempts to finish under green served only to demolish hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and actually put drivers in harms way and the race still finished under the yellow. Had the race been officiated in a fair manner there would have been another GWC. They let Kahne go past the line on the backstretch before putting out the yellow so the race would finish but the yellow should have come out way before it did.

it would be nice if Nascar would drop IMS and KY Speedways both have been very bad racing and give Iowa Speedway a race and Watkins Glenn.

Umm, they already race at Watkins Glen...

yelp road course race for the championship.

INDY is not built for stock cars. Dumb idea to put them out there and it gets dumber every year.