Thread: wiring

Default wiring

well i have a question, i have a wissota mid west mod, and i think i may have found the fix to my issue i had before, this may be a stupid question, but do i need to have the ford 4 post selinoid in my wiring from the battery to the toggle and start switch to the starter and so forth, and if i don't will it effect the way the car performes and will it butn out the starter?

Helps with hot starting but you don't HAVE to have it...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Helps with hot starting but you don't HAVE to have it...
    ok, so when i start a race, the heat race, i get about four laps in and the car starts to sputter and die, i have no power to keep tge car running, is the starter drawing continuos power to drain my battery, what am i doing wrong, i rewired the entire system, and it still does it, it has been five weeks of the same thing, and now it fried my starter

Quote Originally Posted by lapps View Post
    ok, so when i start a race, the heat race, i get about four laps in and the car starts to sputter and die, i have no power to keep tge car running, is the starter drawing continuos power to drain my battery, what am i doing wrong, i rewired the entire system, and it still does it, it has been five weeks of the same thing, and now it fried my starter
    are you connected to the correct terminal on the solenoid - i use a "quickcar" solenoid and there is only one terminal -- on the ones with two small terminals use the one on the left as you are looking at the solenoid -- if you hook it up to the right terminal it will burn everything up

I agree with LIS20, i used the quickcar solenoid before and put in a new solenoid after having electrical problems. i ran into problems with the car not wanting to start and battery always seemed to be low on juice. ended up being a loose motor mount. it was frying my temp gauge as soon as i put a new one in. took the mounts off and cleaned them up and re-tightened them and haven't had a problem since.