Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default PDC peaked or can grow bigger?

The PDC has seen unbelievable growth the last 5 years since the date change and the arrival of WoO. Of course the great racing surface is the hook that brings late models fans to the Mecca of Illinois short track dirt racing but can it continue to grow or will it out grow its facilities? Huge crowds and high car counts are great but the venue is bursting at the seams. More seating and improved rest rooms have temporally addressed a need to host such a popular event but pit space is becoming limited and parking for fans is a nightmare......Offering shuttle service to far away parking lots would help the parking problem. Make Saturdays program Late model semis and feature with the mod feature only on Saturday. Clearing the pits of 40 or so mods certainly eases room in the pits and moves the main show along.

Note.....Great LM feature for the first 50 laps and great LM feature for the last 50 laps to determine runner ups. Just my observation.

Amen.......
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Has become a big cluster :;!,

2 complete shows for Friday and Saturday. 15,000 to 20,000 to win each night.

Really can't expand the facility. it's in a neighborhood surrounded by houses on 3 sides and a public golf course on the other side....they can't add anymore seats because they have no room for parking now...
    the track is owned by the AMERICAN LEGION so l don't think they have the assets to spend money on buying property for expansion. as a guy that stays in a motorhome at the track, it's hard for me to say,
    but the campers take up a lot of space at the track.. if they could move camping somewhere close to the track it would create a lot more parking or some more pits.... it's my favorite place to go ,so l hope it continues for years to come....
    Last edited by highgroove; 07-31-2017 at 08:05 AM.

For the sake of the fans and sport, I hope the PDC keeps getting bigger and better.

Think they have the 1st step covered...support of the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    For the sake of the fans and sport, I hope the PDC keeps getting bigger and better.

Think they have the 1st step covered...support of the town.
    Bigger isn't always better. They have a nice thing going.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It won't be easy to expand seating. Short of completely redoing the backstretch seating, they could maybe squeeze one more smaller set of bleachers where the bus sits in turn 2. Hopefully they can do PPV in the future as that should ease the demand just a bit.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Indeed it has. When you get to a track 2 hours early and still have to park in B F Egypt, not good. I would rather it go back to being unsanctioned.
    8/13/16

I parked against the south fence at the water plant and got there between 4 and 430 both days. Come into town from the south and you dont have to deal with the "city" traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    You're very observant, when you want to be.
    I have never been a fan of the two day shows. I have never been to two day shows and never will unless they run 2 complete shows.
    Last edited by kidrock; 07-31-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Loved this years format basically 8 features friday night. Saturday it seemed like there was a lack of racing. Would like to see the #FALS Draw come back. There has been rumors all year that the track is adding more seating in turn 2. It is defiantly needed.

It was my first time at FALS, and I was impressed. I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about, you Illinois boys are lucky to have that place. I've never seen a race track race like it does. Loved the cushion and slide jobs, wish the bottom would have been a little better but it was a great show nonetheless. The atmosphere was great. Sure the place was packed but I wouldn't care if I had to walk a mile to get to the track. We definitely will be back next year.

It was a fabulous weekend. Would seem the next step is for there to be a live PPV availability as the place is truly limited from getting much bigger barring some major investment in new seating. I wonder if doing something different with the covered grandstand is in their long range plans? A big section of stadium type bleachers there could go up fairly high & seat more people than are currently seated there. Would cost lots of $ tho.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I have never been a fan of the two day shows. I have never been to two day shows and never will unless they run 2 complete shows.
    How do you know if your not a fan of them if you haven't been to one?

There's a lot of nostalgia with the Grandstands. They are important to the fair people (and the Fairbury Fair is a big part of the history there - 141st annual is this year), plus as mentioned the cost to replace them would be very high. So I believe long term plan for them is just maintenance at this point. But the board always looks at all options and will continue doing whatever they can to improve the grounds and make the events better.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It was your loss this weekend. Awesome features Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    I agree too many people now and it's time to get rid of the mortifieds and go to reserved seating in the grandstands. On the blanket run Saturday I seen people falling while running up stairs, elderly and handicapped people getting knocked aside all while Fairbury workers are standing back and laughing.

Edit....And whoever bring those beach balls, those are for the beach not grandstands at a racetrack.
    Last edited by ptown; 07-31-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I agree too many people now and it's time to get rid of the mortifieds and go to reserved seating in the grandstands. On the blanket run Saturday I seen people falling while running up stairs, elderly and handicapped people getting knocked aside all while Fairbury workers are standing back and laughing.

Edit....And whoever bring those beach balls, those are for the beach not grandstands at a racetrack.
    The modifieds put on the best show of the weekend imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    The modifieds put on the best show of the weekend imo.
    I agree, my point was just do late models raise the purse to 50k then the PDC becomes a crown jewel.