Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Max Blair Article

http://www.post-journal.com/sports/l...aximum-effort/

Awesome talent! I wish someone would give him a ride so that he could run with the WoO or Lucas Oil.

Why does he need someone to give him a ride?? He has great equipment.
    What he needs is a couple big sponsors that would support him hitting the road.
    The same can be said for Jared Miley.
    Fact is Western and Northwestern Pa is loaded with young late model talent that is just a couple big sponsors away from hitting the big time......

Quote Originally Posted by chubfrankfan View Post
    http://www.post-journal.com/sports/l...aximum-effort/Awesome talent! I wish someone would give him a ride so that he could run with the WoO or Lucas Oil.
    More good drivers than rides. Relationship or Sponsorships is what creates rides. But Max is a great driver.

I would thought by now someone would sponsor him follow the WoO. He can drive, I can see him battle Tyler and Madden for 2nd or 3rd in points. Would like see max and unzicker on the WoO tour for full season.

My bad........I should have said it would be nice if someone could sponsor and financially support his program. I agree, he does have awesome equipment and can drive the wheels off his car.......just needs additional funds.

Maybe if he wants noticed he should run more than Stateline and Eriez. I noticed him at Lernerville during the Firecracker sitting in the stands. At some point you have to venture out a little and get your feet wet. A 100 mile, 2 hr. haul doesn't require a major sponsor.

Big time sponsorship is every racers pipe dream. Hard to come by nowdays.
    8/13/16

He still driving his dad's car?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Maybe if he wants noticed he should run more than Stateline and Eriez. I noticed him at Lernerville during the Firecracker sitting in the stands. At some point you have to venture out a little and get your feet wet. A 100 mile, 2 hr. haul doesn't require a major sponsor.
    I guess beating the WoO and one of the hottest drivers in the country this year on the national scene doesn't get you noticed??

Well it was sorta at his home track but yes he did beat them. Once.

John Kennedy gave him the chance to race with the big boys and he failed. he was a back marker most of the time. Beating up on locals dont make you ready to take on the big boys of lucas or woo every week!

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    I guess beating the WoO and one of the hottest drivers in the country this year on the national scene doesn't get you noticed??
    Always fun when it happens but he's definitely not the first driver to upset the big boys when having the home field advantage. Until he leaves the roost I'll stand by my opinion, be it right or wrong. I'm not a Max hater, just saying show me something more.
    Last edited by bleedblue55; 08-01-2017 at 07:57 PM.

He didn't wanna participate in a daytime snoozer, or a one lane freight train at nite. It was hard enought to watch, let alone compete in.

It's easier to be a big fish in a little pond than venturing into deep water where there are bigger fish.With that said,even beating the big boys once at your home track is impressive for a local/semi regional racer.There are drivers that try it all over the country every week and very few succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by NWPA View Post
    He didn't wanna participate in a daytime snoozer, or a one lane freight train at nite. It was hard enought to watch, let alone compete in.
    I'm sure all the drivers shared that sentiment, but they did it.

I can see him not wanting to run the Firecracker because buying tries for potentially three days of racing that he's not going to use anywhere else doesn't make the most financial sense. However, there is a single day WoO show at Lernerville coming up. Buying one day of tires should make more sense Also, there's the Pittsburgher in October. Would be cool to see him run that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    John Kennedy gave him the chance to race with the big boys and he failed. he was a back marker most of the time. Beating up on locals dont make you ready to take on the big boys of lucas or woo every week!
    That's a terrible example. John Kennedy was taking money from his business to fund Clanton, Blair, and Lobb. And to try and do the NDRL deal.

He got himself in trouble with his companies board I believe it was, all at about the time NDRL tanked and Max had that ride.

That was not a good opportunity. No sooner did he get it, and go to tracks in AZ, it was gone. The money was gone, everything.

People can hate on Max all they want. I too think he comes off not very likable, but his talent is undeniable. And he wins pretty much anywhere he goes, and yes, that's more than two tracks.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    That's a terrible example. John Kennedy was taking money from his business to fund Clanton, Blair, and Lobb. And to try and do the NDRL deal.He got himself in trouble with his companies board I believe it was, all at about the time NDRL tanked and Max had that ride.That was not a good opportunity. No sooner did he get it, and go to tracks in AZ, it was gone. The money was gone, everything.People can hate on Max all they want. I too think he comes off not very likable, but his talent is undeniable. And he wins pretty much anywhere he goes, and yes, that's more than two tracks.
    And that was also his 1st full year in a Super Late. Comparing Apples to Oranges there.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    And that was also his 1st full year in a Super Late. Comparing Apples to Oranges there.
    You're exactly right.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

What driver has jumped out their regional and beat the Lucas or WoO every weekend?