Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Max can well a car. Unfortunately he and his father have this tude that they are not spending money to race. Wrong NO, but, don't complain about not having that big ride. Instead of racing weekly start hitting some of the local tri-state money races. Prove yourself and maybe a ride will open up or a local sponsorship will come to talk. I would rather have a handful of 5 to 10 grand sponsors that could cover my expenses, get on a tour were you get show money and earnings. Many do that today that are out there on tour. The Blairs think there connection with rocket is going to get him a top of the line ride. Keep dreaming.

For his age, he has won a pile of races, and championships. He was in the top 3 in the country with Fastrak for a few years before that series left the north-east, one year he was the National champ, weekly champ, and finished 2nd in the regional touring deal. His first SLM season started in Arizona, and followed the NDRL tour until that ended. When NDRL went away so did his ride, I don't have the stats but he may have raced 15-20 races before it all went away so to grade him on that isn't really fair to anyone. In his two WOO starts this year he has a win, and a top 5, yes they where both in PA, but it shows he can compete with them. Yes he has the equipment to run with, and win against the WOO when they are nearby, but he dont have 2 cars ready to race, he dont have 2-3 good motors, and who knows if his hauler is reliable enough to get out on tour. His family don't come from money, his dad was a Tech at the local chevy dealer, and might still be which could create a travel issue. What he earns racing goes back into the team to make it better, heck he totaled his SLM earlier this year, he is driving his dads car which means they obviously haven't replaced his car yet. If you cant afford to have the cars, equipment, engines, parts ect to run a major tour the right way why risk losing what you do have? Madden said it himself at the beginning of the year that in prior years he didn't have what he needed to go on tour, and its taken him how many years to build up things to do it. When Max has what he needs to do it he will be within the top ten in the country.
    Last edited by Latemodel333; 08-29-2017 at 09:58 PM.

That's what is killing late model racing, big money teams.lets go back to building our own stuff not this buy and bolt on crap.

Rumor has it Chub Frank is going to retire after this year at least from the Woo series? If that be true for next year I would like to see Max in the seat of the 1* go on tour with the Woo!
    Last edited by onclay; 08-30-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    If you don't know it, why make a fool of yourself by saying it!

Hes got 30 wins what track does he race at most?

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Hes got 30 wins what track does he race at most?
    Crates and supers, Stateline, Eriez, and McKean are some of his usual tracks.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He has these wins at your local track. YES, he has beat the WoO guys this year. They go race for money yet PPMS has had a couple decent paying shows and they head north to stateline and eriez. I cann't see someone giving him a tour ride

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    He has these wins at your local track. YES, he has beat the WoO guys this year. They go race for money yet PPMS has had a couple decent paying shows and they head north to stateline and eriez. I cann't see someone giving him a tour ride
    Could it possibly be he does not like PPMS. I'll stop there, but I'd be willing to bet there's some things he doesn't like about PMS.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

My guess is he is running for points at one of his local tracks, or he was racing with the ULMS someplace else. Another possibility is that PPMS is hard on motors and if you only have one good piece why risk losing it. He is not afraid to venture out when it makes sense, he has went to the world finals the last year or two. Wish him the best and hope one day he gets what he needs to go out on tour.

The dirt track at Charlotte for what I have been told is not a track that's easy on motors. Plan to make it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Could it possibly be he does not like PPMS. I'll stop there, but I'd be willing to bet there's some things he doesn't like about PMS.
    He had no problems racing at PPMS when he was still primarily a crate driver.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I can relate to that even though my thing and his thing could be different. But I'd guess the source of those things are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Latemodel333 View Post
    My guess is he is running for points at one of his local tracks, or he was racing with the ULMS someplace else. Another possibility is that PPMS is hard on motors and if you only have one good piece why risk losing it. He is not afraid to venture out when it makes sense, he has went to the world finals the last year or two. Wish him the best and hope one day he gets what he needs to go out on tour.
    He's leading the points for the Supers and the Crates at Stateline. Here we go with the North going south and south going north stuff again. Miley is more or less a regional guy anymore so he don't count. Ferree has been up north once. Norris hasn't. Lyle hasn't. Pegher has been there a couple times, mostly in the crate. Lux I'm not sure could ts considering he lives dead center in Franklin. Why travel south when he can win just as much here. Pointless arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He had no problems racing at PPMS when he was still primarily a crate driver.
    And if motors are one issue, that'd be why in a crate he'd go there and a super no. I see many reasons why people wouldn't wanna go there, just my opinion though. And honestly, he's fukin good, no matter what. And no I don't really care for his demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I can relate to that even though my thing and his thing could be different. But I'd guess the source of those things are similar.
    Lol, all kinds of thingies.

And if motors are one issue, that'd be why in a crate he'd go there and a super no. I see many reasons why people wouldn't wanna go there, just my opinion though. And honestly, he's fukin good, no matter what. And no I don't really care for his demeanor.
    I think he's good too, and I get why they might not go to PPMS. The place is crazy hard on motors, especially the way they prep it anymore. They have a lot of problems at PPMS, but the track prep isn't one of them. They have that place smooth and racy with some tack in it just about every night out so you can run it pretty much WFO if you want. And I also get why they don't go to Lernerville, too. Neither Max nor his dad has ever been particularly good there, why go and buy the UMP tires if you're likely to run midpack at best.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    He's leading the points for the Supers and the Crates at Stateline. Here we go with the North going south and south going north stuff again. Miley is more or less a regional guy anymore so he don't count. Ferree has been up north once. Norris hasn't. Lyle hasn't. Pegher has been there a couple times, mostly in the crate. Lux I'm not sure could ts considering he lives dead center in Franklin. Why travel south when he can win just as much here. Pointless arguments.
    Lux drives for a guy from Leechburg, that's why he's at Lernerville most nights.

Lux drives for a guy from Leechburg, that's why he's at Lernerville most nights.
    You remember back when Matt was one stout stock driver? And he was good in mods too. He's a good driver, and a pretty decent guy from the times I've been around him a little.

I think he's good too, and I get why they might not go to PPMS. The place is crazy hard on motors, especially the way they prep it anymore. They have a lot of problems at PPMS, but the track prep isn't one of them. They have that place smooth and racy with some tack in it just about every night out so you can run it pretty much WFO if you want. And I also get why they don't go to Lernerville, too. Neither Max nor his dad has ever been particularly good there, why go and buy the UMP tires if you're likely to run midpack at best.
    Yeah, and I know supposedly they set the cars up a little different for them UMP tires too.

You remember back when Matt was one stout stock driver? And he was good in mods too. He's a good driver, and a pretty decent guy from the times I've been around him a little.
    He got himself a mod again last year and has been running it sporadically.