Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Thieves at PDC Fairbury

Bill Schlieper had his toolbox stolen off of his 4 wheeler in the pits at Fairbury tonight! Please keep an eye out for it. Please let him know if anyone hears anything. Thanks!

In this day and age you have to keep everything locked up tighter than Fort Knox or have someone watching over things constantly.
    Heck not long ago there was a news story about some dirt bag that over many years stole millions of $$$ in cash, jewelry, and other stuff from drivers and fans by following NASCAR, Indy Car, NHRA, etc all over the USA.

Not much worse than a thief!

Thievery has become a way of life for a fairly large segment of the population, including some in the dirt racing community. It has become a cottage industry, of sorts, in all walks of life. Many in that industry believe it is their moral right, and yes, their duty to steal something that is not locked down simply because they feel they are without guilt. The thieves have been taught sometime in their lives that the ultimate guilt lies with the owner that failed to secure their belongings in such a way that thwart's such scum bags.

We'd all like to believe that all those involved in the sport we love so much are above being common thieves but as our group learned at Eldora over ten years ago, when you're at the racetrack thieves are among you and they're race fans, just like us.

At the MOWA show a couple weeks ago a FALS fire pit was stolen from a campsite. It was custom cut sheetmetal pit and would stand out if seen. Dont know if it has been recovered.

I'm sure what's in that box is pretty important

There is not a thing worst then a person that will not Work for what they steal....its like 18% of the cost of everything is for the people that will not work for it but take it... Its so Sad...

Fire pit that was stolen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Well we can't just shot 'em.

Yes it is sad Gary.
    There inlies the problem, Blackie. There is little fear of consequences going beyond probation or some namby-pamby plea agreement. I'm not advocating turning things into the Wild West where they would hang a man for stealing a horse but owners should be given a little latitude in protecting their property. The scumbag thieves would thing twice, maybe even 3 times, if there was a distinct possibility of a 9 MM hollow point headed in their direction at around 1150' per second. But as you said, (gasp) we can't have that!!

That's a dam shame. It took well thought out skill to make that. Hope the m f er thet took it falls face first onto it branding it it across his/her face!
    lol That would be justice. I'd seen the pictures of this stolen firepit before. I couldn't help but think "What is the thief going to do with this firepit? It's not like he could take it out in public and use it." Then again maybe he is that dumb.

Well we can't just shot 'em. We could sentence them to liteys/slipper sniffers house for a week and make them listen to that shT!

Yes it is sad Gary.
    Why cant we just shot them....If we could a lot of it would stop....If I found one of them in my house they have a limp when i get done...

I remember back in the early 2000's when Bill Schlieper helped law enforcement catch a guy who was using fake cashier's checks to buy high money purchases. I'm thinking it was the DTWC at Atomic Speedway.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    There inlies the problem, Blackie. There is little fear of consequences going beyond probation or some namby-pamby plea agreement. I'm not advocating turning things into the Wild West where they would hang a man for stealing a horse but owners should be given a little latitude in protecting their property. The scumbag thieves would thing twice, maybe even 3 times, if there was a distinct possibility of a 9 MM hollow point headed in their direction at around 1150' per second. But as you said, (gasp) we can't have that!!
    A Cop told me if they in your house (In ILL) Shot them if the fall out the door .. He said pick them up toss them back in the house... If they in 40 feet of me I put 1 or 2 in the leg they limp for shour...40 feet i can do a 2in spread, In the leg... They not die but they be hurt ....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    A Cop told me if they in your house (In ILL) Shot them if the fall out the door .. He said pick them up toss them back in the house... If they in 40 feet of me I put 1 or 2 in the leg they limp for shour...40 feet i can do a 2in spread, In the leg... They not die but they be hurt ....
    They come in your house you better shoot to kill. Because otherwise, decent chance they can sue your a$$. Because they can argue some stupid sh!t.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Fire pit that was stolen
    I'd give them one chance to give me an honest answer on how they come across it. And if they are dishonest, as they already were, at the least I'd destroy that fuker in front of them. Or play dumb and steal it back that night, and leave them a nice little note.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thievery has become a way of life for a fairly large segment of the population, including some in the dirt racing community. It has become a cottage industry, of sorts, in all walks of life. Many in that industry believe it is their moral right, and yes, their duty to steal something that is not locked down simply because they feel they are without guilt. The thieves have been taught sometime in their lives that the ultimate guilt lies with the owner that failed to secure their belongings in such a way that thwart's such scum bags.

We'd all like to believe that all those involved in the sport we love so much are above being common thieves but as our group learned at Eldora over ten years ago, when you're at the racetrack thieves are among you and they're race fans, just like us.
    Very true CIRF.

Yeah, with the jails as full as they are, common theft is basically a slap on the wrist. Best case is to have a firearm on you or nearby to encourage them to "move on".

See a gang shot out one time..75 or more shots were fired..No more then 50 feet a part..out in the open... with 7 people 5 guns... 3 people were hit, 2 in one, 1 in each in 2 others.....If i been in the shot out there been 4 dead and i used maybe 8 or 9 of my 15 B...First thing you need to do if you get a gun Learn how to use it.... Most of the shots were over the heads of the others cause they do not know how to use them....

In Pa. we have the Castle Doctrine that protects us. Break into my home, vehicle, or threaten the lives of me, my family, or any other bystanders be it on private or public property I can and will use deadly force. No warning shots no attempts to wound or disable it will be center mass with hollow points.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    See a gang shot out one time..75 or more shots were fired..No more then 50 feet a part..out in the open... with 7 people 5 guns... 3 people were hit, 2 in one, 1 in each in 2 others.....If i been in the shot out there been 4 dead and i used maybe 8 or 9 of my 15 B...First thing you need to do if you get a gun Learn how to use it.... Most of the shots were over the heads of the others cause they do not know how to use them....
    There you go again.....lolololol

A few years ago at the World Finals our toter got broken into. Money was stolen not only from our rig, but a few others that were parked in our row. The bad thing is when your team is at the fence watching, anybody can go in and out of your trailer. You can lock the toter, but you can't close up the trailer everytime you go on the track. It's a shame that we even have to worry about things like this at the race track.