Thread: GRT won't turn

Default GRT won't turn

I have a 04 GRT that is tight getting in. I have been working with the bars on the rear and nothing seems to help much. I'm thinking of resetting every thing on the rear to base and work on the front of the car. I have it set up per GRT except for about 75# lr bite. Question is, would a longer rf lower help it to turn in. It has a 17 5/8 on now. Thinking of trying a 19". Rf spring is a 400 and was thinking of going to a 350. I know more info about set up is need and I have it, just wondering about these changes.

Using a longer RF lower should tighten it more on entry, same as the softer RF spring. With that model car I would think more LR bite, stiffer LR spring, softer LF spring, less rebound on 5th coil, LRF shock, more left side %, more rear %, trail RR back some, sure there are some more things that would help.

Take angle out of PH bar. Raise r lower 4 link @ frame.

I have raised the lower bar a couple holes. Raised the J bar one hole on pinion. It's some better but still not as much change as I wanted. Maybe just need to keep moving in that direction with adjustments. Being I didn't get the results I thought from the rear I would work on the frt of car. Maybe I'm thinking in wrong direction. If I run in deep and hard it enters better but I usually get loose off if I'm not carefull. If I crank in some bite will it help that. Im running in much deeper than everyone else.

add some trail to the right rear, this will make it turn in better.

Thanks. I'll try these suggestions and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1 View Post
    Thanks. I'll try these suggestions and see how it goes.
    Pretty common in a GRT the front end doesn't work to well a lot of guys redo the geometry changin spindles and such

pm billetbirdcage....I heard he's the guru on that year goat!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!