Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Birky To Race 8/7-8/8 @ Farley and West Liberty

Per Alissa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    Per Alissa!!!
    It must be true because we all know Alissa wears the pants in that family.

Well...you don't have to be a hater. She runs the FB page and its been blowing up this morning. Exciting to see him back at the track.

Well...you don't have to be a hater. She runs the FB page and its been blowing up this morning. Exciting to see him back at the track.
    I like Birky, hope he has better luck than his last comeback attempt at La Salle.

Per Alissa!!!
    That's one way to increase attendance for a race in Iowa. Promoters be promoting.....

What car will he be driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Otokomae View Post
    What car will he be driving?
    I'm gonna guess one of Jason Rauns cars since he is co-promoting the events. Just a guess tho.

Seems to be talk of MARS dropping their sanction on short notice, always two sides to a story so not sure what happened. Birky will draw more fans in Eastern Iowa than MARS ever would, if the promoter was responsible for getting him on board it's a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I'm gonna guess one of Jason Rauns cars since he is co-promoting the events. Just a guess tho.
    Correct....

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Seems to be talk of MARS dropping their sanction on short notice, always two sides to a story so not sure what happened. Birky will draw more fans in Eastern Iowa than MARS ever would, if the promoter was responsible for getting him on board it's a good move.
    Could it be Karma, biting MARS in the butt for the deal at 34 raceway Slocum race. I heard Mars wanted to negotiate the standard fee and the tracks said negotiate this. It does explain where they got the money to get Bloomquist, Pierce, Moyer and Birky to race. I'd say a good trade, for the drivers that Mars was going to come with. Makes me wonder how many other 10k shows does Mars have?

I'd just put the stupid fuker on ignore as I did.

Hope Birky runs good. Good luck to him and his family.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Nice move by the Farley group......Always a pleasure to see Birkhofer on the track. Just remember Birky was mostly self funded and with a young family it was getting tougher to balance family and racing. Leaving racing behind was the right decision for him and his family. I applaud him for that but still think its great to see him put that helmet on.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Nice move by the Farley group......Always a pleasure to see Birkhofer on the track. Just remember Birky was mostly self funded and with a young family it was getting tougher to balance family and racing. Leaving racing behind was the right decision for him and his family. I applaud him for that but still think its great to see him put that helmet on.
    After the way his last stint ended, I didn't think we would see him do it again. To me him getting back in a car again, shows me he still has that fire. It may not be as big but it's still there. If he can finish in the top 5, that would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I'd just put the stupid fuker on ignore as I did.

Hope Birky runs good. Good luck to him and his family.
    Wash your mouth out with soap boy!

Still wonder what happened when his wife posted about him being immature and he suddenly retired again

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Still wonder what happened when his wife posted about him being immature and he suddenly retired again
    Dominatrix....

thrilled to see birky back.

the bigger story is what MARS once was and what it has become.

such a short trip from one of those most respectable regional series to an embarrassment to series promotions. fully expect to be able to say goodbye over the winter.

JMO
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Couldn't agree more about MARS....These races are now under UMP and Corn Belt Clash Sanction. So happy that someone is eastern Iowa is promoting Open Late Model Racing.

Being a big Brian Birkhofer fan, I wish him well. Good to see him back in the seat but I wouldn't expect things to go any different than the last time he jumped into the seat after being out for a year. It's not easy being away from the game for that long and then think you can jump back in and have the same skills as before.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    MARS is part of world racing group which UMP is part of
    Believe some guy from somewhere bought MARS and all of a sudden he has become a big league promoter. Even the World Racing Group wanted this turkey gone.

Noticed Kankakee and Fairbury has MARS races next week......Good luck with that, at least the ALMS is co sanctioning
    Last edited by MUD MAESTRO; 08-04-2017 at 08:42 AM.