Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Davenport/ BWRC: How many engines did they go through?

Always liked the Barry Wright cars. News stories say they ran out of engines. How many engines did they go through and what were the reasons? Anybody in the know out there have the details?

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    JD destroys way more equipment then he is worth.
    You are not worth a pos!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Blackie..... coming strong!!!!

I've said on here before that Hatfields were POSs and wondered why a top flite team would go with them.

JD took the orange spoiler off bloomer and immediately went to the bottom of the bucket, along with Bobbie Pierce I mite ad, I wonder what's going to happen to kid rocket if he continues and takes home the orange spoiler ? Personally, I think w JD in the equipment he is in, the remainder of the year should be some dam good racing. Know the rumors of the 6 car getting back out. It will be interesting. I just wish kid rocket was in the valvoline #1 instead of the best ride. I think that crew is a step above the best crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Always liked the Barry Wright cars. News stories say they ran out of engines. How many engines did they go through and what were the reasons? Anybody in the know out there have the details?
    They were Hatfields, it was a few. When he was with Kevin and Lee Roy, very few. Old man built quite a piece.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Now Black, we both know JD was worth plenty with the amount of money he won the previous 3 years.

Lightbulb

Don't know a number, but they were all Hatfields. Last time out with Super they killed one and then wiped out the back up car the same night. In previous years Barry has almost always used Clements power, but I can only speculate as to why they didn't this go round. The only exception I can think of is Bloomquist who was running Cornett back then and Brandon Kinzer and he used Mopars, not sure who built those. Other than those (2) most every other time someone was in the BWRC housecar it was Clements power, Hatfield was an anomaly. There are several who will disagree with me on this, but I believe the engines were a big part of what held them back and ultimately torpedoed their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    If engines were spoilers and quarter panels JD could break Hendrick and Roush in 9 weeks. Couldn't even use the super man cape half the time because the buttons were ripped of the deck lol
    Think you have JD confused with Booby Pierce, just saying. JD was wild earlier in his career and took a lot of chances, not unlike an early Dale Earnhardt, but his time with Rumley was less so, but he could turn it on if he heeded to.
    Last edited by Highwayman; 08-10-2017 at 07:22 AM.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Did they pop those motors when they broke the driveshafts or did that happen on a different night. I know it was in the past but I remember Billy Moyer having a lot of success with Hatfields.

Obviously one to many??????

Did they pop those motors when they broke the driveshafts or did that happen on a different night. I know it was in the past but I remember Billy Moyer having a lot of success with Hatfields.
    I have NO knowledge of Moyer ever running Hatfield, usually Clements, Jay D!ckens or ProPower. Back in the day he ran Draime and one out of California but the name escapes me. Only driver I ever remember having any success with Hatfield on the national level was Marshal Green, but that was after he won the DTWC and several HAT races with a Custom/Warrior. I'm sure they exist but I don't know them.
    Last edited by Highwayman; 08-11-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    I was a highwayman
    and I am still alive

BWRC lost the sponsor for the house car just as the season was above to kick off. Clements motors aren't cheap and the funds were not there to purchase them. Insert Hatfield who saw it as a marketing opportunity to get more SLM business but things didn't work out like planned.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    BWRC lost the sponsor for the house car just as the season was above to kick off. Clements motors aren't cheap and the funds were not there to purchase them. Insert Hatfield who saw it as a marketing opportunity to get more SLM business but things didn't work out like planned.
    Exactly as I thought, Barry almost always uses Clements.
    I was a highwayman
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    I have NO knowledge of Moyer ever running Hatfield, usually Clements, Jay D!ckens or ProPower. Back in the day he ran Draime and one out of California but the name escapes me. Only driver I ever remember having any success with Hatfield on the national level was Marshal Green, but that was after he won the DTWC and several HAT races with a Custom/Warrior. I'm sure they exist but I don't know them.
    I would almost bet Terry Phillips won more races with a Hatfield motor than anyone, both Late Model and Modified.

1 is understandable. 2 is bad luck. 3 you better be finding a new builder.

You can't tell me clemens would not have leased BW a motor if he needed one. New house car with JD wheeling it, there is a lot more to this story that no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    You can't tell me clemens would not have leased BW a motor if he needed one. New house car with JD wheeling it, there is a lot more to this story that no one knows.
    Barry has leased motors from clements in the past.

Clements lease might not been available due to Barry using other motors for the past couple of years???? They had Barry's Clements motor in at one point, but broke it too!

Barry was testing with his new driver Ross Balies using Ross motor and had motor trouble

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Barry was testing with his new driver Ross Balies using Ross motor and had motor trouble
    Where did you hear this?
    -Adam Conners

He dnt.... he smelled it. Its in the air in sc.