Default Right front shock valving for a rough track

just wondering what valving to run in my right front shock on a rough race track?

Lots of variation, this is honestly to broad of a question as there honestly isn't a specific number that comes to mind. The spring and wheel rate influences the amount of damping needed when traveling through rough paths along with the tire load , weight of components etc. your best bet is consult a shock builder that can build a shock for your application.

A higher dampening force at shaft speeds over 5"/sec would be what you need to focus on for control over bumps. Typical off shelf shocks aren't getting it done anymore as you will most likely sacrifice many handling characteristics by increasing your high speed control by moving to say for instance from a 5 valve to say a 7 to get your rough track shock.

Now days we build shocks to time the weight transfer to each corner then build high speed control into the higher shaft speeds to aid that rough condition.

Hope this helps.

Some where between a 5r/3c and a 7r/4c in a digressive valve is were I would start, but I agree with BG

what if it were a dry slick what rate would you reccomend?

Same for the slick , there are many variations of front end geometry especially in mods. in the slick we have some extreme exotic valvings that are wining out west in the Midwest high rebound seems to be the trend vs the south where we have cars on stuff that just doesn't work hear in the Ohio valley.
    Shocks by BGR army

R/F 5R/3C L/F 7R/3C both digressive ,R/R 208/72 linear, l/r COB piston ,250lbs of gas pressure, starting at 600lbs @ 2'' compression. That would be the baseline I would start with.