Default Imca stock car, loose entry. Pulls left bad on straightaway?

Imca stockcar, loose entry and pulls bad left on straightaway when you arent steering right? What causes this? Also does it just loading on the trailer? I have 3/4" front stagger and almost 0 rear stagger. Im guessing this is why its loose on entry. Any help would be appreciated!

Pulling left constantly could be caused by alot of caster split. It also can be caused by the right side wheel base being longer than the left side wheel base.

Caster split comes to mind first and would cause a loose entry. Other things that may be of issue may be a lot of unwanted drag in the left side ( stuck brake caliper, frozen wheel bearing, some type of drag.)

Ok thanks, i only have 3.5 degrees of caster split. But im not sure what it is causing this. As soon as i lift on entry the cars just snaps sideways, i cant even touch the brakes even with them all on front brake!

how much LR weight do you have on scales?
    the more LR low weight in car, the more free on entry it will be.
    might check shocks to make sure you do not have a bent shaft.
    How is the car sprung?
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Default left pull

a tight car with a lot of rear tire stager will pull hard on straights and be loose getting in

3.5 is a lot of caster split 2.5 pulls left enough in my experience under caution to wear you out.

reduce bite for the free on entry

2 lf 3.5 rf was my base caster setting

on really tight turn tracks I would add a half or one degree to the rf I notoriously liked to run right on the tires and could run on them when others could not if I was going to race up on the track on the banking I would not add more caster split

Ok Thanks. I will change the caster. I only had 60lbs of bite and when the track got slick it was terrible loose on entry. It was good in the heat when the track had more grip.

I would put 100lbs more spring in the lf!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I tried that for 3 weeks with no luck. Went up 100lbs the first week and another 50lbs the 2nd week and its still loose on entry when the track slicks up. Thanks everyone for the ideas though!

how heavy is the RR?

225 up from a 200

I'd reduce caster split to 1.5-2*. Verify LF brake or wheel brg isn't dragging. Rear square shouldn't make wheel pull one way or another.
    Josh K.

Quote Originally Posted by slick kitty View Post
    Ok Thanks. I will change the caster. I only had 60lbs of bite and when the track got slick it was terrible loose on entry. It was good in the heat when the track had more grip.
    60 bite is not much

That should let you have lots of side bite, if you dont increase the rr spring rate up to 300 isnt out of order