Default Rear shock mount

On the left rear behind shock i have seen mounts that are straight and those that are 45 degrees -- is there any real difference if both have the swivel mount? Ehat would be the best mount for the traction shock?

On the left front i have two sets of holes for the a-arm -- it is currently mounted in the top two holes -- what would be the effect of using the bottom set of holes that are about 1-inch lower.

Thanks in advance for your help

I have PPM birdcages, and the mount for the traction shock is what I believe you are referring to as straight (just one hole pointing straight forward), while the rear mount is actually bolted to the birdcage (what you are most likely calling the 45* angle). So in that case, the front is a single shear mount, while the rear is double shear (undoubtedly a greater force on the rear because of the spring/weight of the LR). I thought LODLMS and even DirtCar went to a "no swivel" rule for the shock mounts under the unified rules, but I could be wrong.

You might want to share your chassis brand for a more distinct answer to your LF control arm question, but obviously it's mounting height would affect the roll center location, but I'm not sure enough that you would notice the change (others will know more than me though). But what will change is the camber curve on the LF, if the static camber is set the same. The lower mounts will place a greater angle on the upper arm, which "should" gain/maintain more camber through LF hike/roll than if mounted more flat (the higher mounting holes).

Hopefully that helps some...
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 08-15-2017 at 03:51 PM.